Forum › Gear & Supplies

What’s something you didn’t think you needed until you actually got one?

23 replies16 peopleOct 8, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What small household or hobby items turned out surprisingly useful after people started using them?

Participants share peptide-related tools like label makers for organizing vials and insulated boxes for keeping reconstituted items cold, alongside everyday conveniences such as slow-close toilet lids and bidets. Several users note how these changed daily routines for the better, with some humorous asides about other gadgets. The thread stays light and conversational without strong debate.

What this discussion establishes

Nothing here is advice.

23 replies · 16 people
BlueBramble39archiveopening post20h

My two votes go to the label maker and my pen.

RustTimber42archive19h

This has nothing to do with the main topic, but I picked up a toilet seat that closes slowly on its own. It really transformed my daily routine in a big way, honestly. Now the lid comes down softly without any effort from me. People who prefer keeping theirs raised all the time have my full backing, yet for those of us who obsess over cleanliness and order, having this feature feels like an unexpected treat.

IronKettle44archive19h
↳ replying to @BlueBramble39 (opening post)

This gadget has made a huge difference for me. I went with their most basic version and it works out great.

BrightBeacon35archive19h
↳ replying to @RustTimber42

That dude clearly has a handle on things and looks attractive too.

AmberCinder18archive19h

I joined the ranks of folks with the entry-level model and it really transforms everything. I have no idea how I managed my collection before getting one. (On top of that since I make pottery I'll soon apply it when labeling items for a sale.) Plus there's the switch over to using pens. I had major doubts about those at first and saw no reason to pick them over a needle. But now it all makes sense. Completely.

ClearLantern70archive16h
↳ replying to @RustTimber42

Back when I rented out properties the lids that shut slowly cut down on many tenant issues. These days I add them in every place I oversee.

ClearLantern70archive16h

There's this one thing that works great for me. I've got a little cooler container where I store my mixed peptides. When it's time to inject, I grab the entire container, handle the shots, and then return it right away. That keeps everything chilled throughout the process. I believe this helps them remain effective longer since they avoid daily temperature changes. It could all be in my head, yet I've managed to stretch the use of my supply up to ten or twelve weeks this way. It gives me peace of mind knowing the temperature stays consistent.

PlainAlder11archive16h
↳ replying to @IronKettle44

Yeah, that's what I do too. One machine takes care of the round caps on the vials. Then I have a second machine dedicated to labeling the vials proper. Keeps me from swapping the rolls around.

I can't seem to adjust to those lids that shut by themselves on toilets. Sooner or later a plain one appears and gets slammed onto the ceramic surface 🤣

BrightBeacon35archive16h

You guys are slowly convincing me to get a label maker. So far I've just been winging it.

IronKettle44archive16h
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Man, this is seriously clever thinking! The guy has really stepped up how these containers get marked. I like the nitrogen setup on the bottles now. Earlier everything felt chaotic and risky, just staring at the mixed solutions wondering which compound was which and feeling uneasy.

NorthFenwick56archive16h
↳ replying to @BrightBeacon35

I own the M2 and find it to be an excellent device. The program scores 7.5 out of 10, yet the output from the labels reaches 9.5 out of 10. Choices for labels score 6.5 out of 10. It makes sense to get one when handling many tags for others as I do.

SteadySparrow75archive15h
↳ replying to @IronKettle44

Getting those tags from the shop turns into its own little project... almost like giving the containers a fresh outfit... hold on, really?...😳😳👍

LevelTimber64archive14h

Heated bidet and a massager. Or did you mean peptide-related?

SlowLedger42archive14h
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

It's good but pairing those two things has me feeling uneasy about the possible connection.

SteadySparrow75archive13h
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

There was this girl I dated once where I picked up a personal massager for her....she held on to the massager after she broke things off with me.... Looking back it really doesn't make me come across very well 😳 I gave it everything I had though..........yet it still leaves me looking bad.... 😳

LevelTimber64archive13h
↳ replying to @SlowLedger42

Mornings are getting chilly already, which brings the warm toilet seat to the front of my thoughts during this season. The one I've preferred for years works great no matter the weather. Electric items stay separate from any moisture around here. Appreciate you looking out for how secure I am with that. 😉🤣🤣

↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

It's strange how you address the guy as mister... unsure of the reason myself, but anyway this is how it is... 😎 ❤️

↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

That massager and one peptide in particular are a match made in heaven.

I'm thinking about getting my own separate unit that won't defrost on its own, just to store my drinks in. My idea is to buy one from my kid once she's used up all the milk she's kept for her baby. The capacity is limited, yet it fits exactly what I want.

LevelTimber64archive6h
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

A friend of mine referred to hers as Mr. Thank you. I'll take it under consideration.

WarmAnchor33archive5h

If she's partnered, maybe qualifies as two men in her life.

GreyLantern71archive4h

Korean skin care serums and toners and a bidet.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.