Forum › Injection Technique

Anyone try these draw holders?

18 replies12 peopleOct 4, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Do holders for vials and syringes make drawing easier and prevent bent needles or bubbles?

Users report mixed experiences with vial holders. Some find them helpful for stability and avoiding bent needles especially with arthritis or poor eyesight, while others say practice makes the process natural without extra tools. A few prefer simple one-handed techniques or drawing extra liquid instead.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether holders are worth using or simply more trouble than they are worth once basic technique improves.

Still open

How well different designs perform across various syringe and vial types for people without physical limitations.

Nothing here is advice.

18 replies · 12 people
BrightLedger85archiveopening post1d

I sometimes have trouble with draws, especially bubbles with a U-100 syringe. I have even bent a needle trying to hold everything steady while working the bubbles out, so I looked around to see if anyone made a holder to simplify things. I came across a few different versions people designed. They vary but basically keep the vial and syringe steady during the draw. Has anyone here tried one of these tools? I wonder if they really simplify drawing or end up being more hassle than they are worth.

CopperBeacon35archive20h

I 3D printed a couple and use them regularly. They really make the whole thing foolproof.

PlainAlder11archive16h

I hardly ever get bubbles. When one appears I just hold the vial and syringe and tap it with my finger. It felt a little awkward at first.

GreenMeadow54archive15h

I always draw a bit extra and push most of the air back out. There is usually a tiny bit left. It worried me early on but after looking into it I realized it is not a big issue. I tap out anything large but leave a small amount since it does not matter.

BrightLedger85archive15h

For me it is not only the air bubbles. It is also how awkward it feels holding such a small vial while drawing, especially when it shifts around. I figured a holder might make the whole thing steadier and easier. I saw several styles online, from basic ones that seem like they would work to a more complex design with moving parts. I am mainly wondering if anyone here has actually tried one and whether it was worth having.

GreenMeadow54archive15h

Honestly it sounds like more trouble than it is worth. You will probably get better with practice. It felt awkward at first but now I do not even think about it. At this point I cannot picture using anything like that without it just becoming extra work.

PlainBeacon63archive13h
↳ replying to @BrightLedger85 (opening post)

Thanks for bringing this up. I have the same problem and have bent a few needles too. I searched online for something like that and was surprised to find several options available.

BrightLedger85archive12h
↳ replying to @PlainBeacon63

Appreciate you getting it. Looked around on another website for comparable gadgets and came across a straightforward version. It looks suitable for holding the bottle in place as I extract the liquid, and that's precisely what I required. I also hoped to get feedback from people who have experience with it regarding whether it actually helps with the extraction process.

GreyFenwick31archive12h

When the bottle sits in my left palm and the injector rests in my right, any tiny pocket of air makes me ease the rod backward just enough to send some fluid home, then draw again, or else tap the side to clear it before finishing the pull. A stand or cradle would only feel more awkward in my grip.

ClearKettle65archive12h

I found these gadgets helpful for my situation. They serve a specific purpose and handle it well. Because of arthritis in my fingers, sometimes I struggle to manage the container and the injection device properly. The initial pair I acquired only worked with syringes that have the needle permanently attached. The latest one I got allows adjustments so it fits both fixed needles and those that lock in place. It also lets me set it up for either the small bottle or the cartridge version, which helps extract everything from the cartridge. I acquired mine from a marketplace online, similar in appearance to some shown on another page.

BrightLedger85archive11h

Same place as above, but none of the ones mentioned in the other reply.

GreyFenwick31archive11h

After looking through those videos and links I now understand the benefit in stopping the needles from bending. Grateful you put that up 🙂

SteadySparrow75archive11h

I am much better at the one-handed vial and syringe hold than I used to be. I bent many needles at first but now it is pretty rare unless I have a full vial that is heavier and can flop over. I did look at vial holders during my worst needle-bending phase but never bought one. It is probably still a worthwhile item to have around.

IronLantern24archive3h
↳ replying to @BrightLedger85 (opening post)

YES! I struggle every single time I put a syringe into a vial.

PlainTimber26archive3h

My aging fingers and weak vision really benefit from this gadget. Striking the center used to feel impossible and left me with plenty of bent needles. These days I mostly focus on pens instead.

LevelTimber64archive2h
↳ replying to @PlainBeacon63

I could easily end up ruining one of those without even trying. 🤣🤣

SharpLedger33archive2h

I bought this thing earlier today and it should arrive on Tuesday. Dealing with needles bending is hard for me, and I really ought to put on my reading glasses for the job, yet the whole process of grasping the container, pushing the needle through the center, and then turning everything over ends up creating a lot of tension.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.