Today I reached a minor achievement by losing twenty pounds total. It seems like a big deal yet there's still plenty left to accomplish. I'm dosing at four milligrams every five days and doubt I'll raise it unless necessary. My average drop is about one point six pounds each week which feels like a solid speed. My hunger stays controlled without vanishing completely. The main difficulty lies in eating sufficient protein. This medication truly performs wonders and the people in this group have offered so much assistance. I might continue sharing updates on my progress to stay accountable, we'll see how it goes.
Damn, this shit works!
How is weight loss going on retatrutide and when should dosing be increased?
One user reports 20 lb loss after 14 weeks at 4 mg every 5 days with steady 1.6 lb weekly drops and good appetite control. Others share similar early results and reference trial graphs showing ongoing loss past 80 weeks. The group discusses whether to raise the dose now to match steeper trial curves or wait until the rate slows, with most favoring a modest increase if side effects stay manageable.
What this discussion establishes- 1.6 lb per week is viewed as healthy and sustainable
- Trial data indicate weight keeps falling for many months without early plateau
- Titration decisions hinge on current rate versus time-to-goal
- Protein intake remains the main practical challenge
- Some users add high-protein drinks to hit daily targets
Whether to escalate dose immediately or hold until loss slows
Still openHow much additional loss is realistic beyond the 30 % average seen in longer trials
Nothing here is advice.
That's impressive. Glad to notice another person trying out this weight tracking program too.
Thrilled about my progress! I started low for fourteen days to let my system adjust to this unfamiliar compound then raised it to double that amount which I have kept for fourteen days too. My weight has now fallen below the everyday swings I normally see. Hunger signals stay well controlled and holding a lower intake comes without much effort. Looking forward to the extra pounds coming off more noticeably now. 😉
That's super! So happy for you.
This turned out wonderfully persist in your fine efforts
Wow, how exciting! Well done! I came across some tasty low calorie drinks loaded with protein that help me reach my daily targets. They taste quite bold, but in a good sense. I mix them into a big jug of carbonated water and sip it steadily all day. It's like enjoying protein flavored water nonstop!
Nice job on the progress so far. Keeping the weekly drop at 1.6 pounds looks like a good balanced method that can last. Count on me to keep supporting your efforts.
It definitely packs a punch. Beginning at the higher dose triggered rough stomach trouble and wiped out my hunger almost right away. I cut back to the lower amount and those eating urges along with any discomfort disappeared. I'm shedding a couple pounds each week while moving into the third one soon.
[lightbox controls message]
Nice going. The stuff actually functions as intended.
Congratulations on getting started and all the best ahead. It's normal to think about raising the amount later if it turns out necessary. I'm not saying any adjustment makes sense right now since appetite control and the pace of shedding pounds both look solid. Still with a goal of dropping that much from your beginning weight most people would need more than the present level to reach nearly a third of their starting mass but nothing requires rushing since the full effort might stretch to twelve months or even a bit more depending on the estimates in your tracker.
There's nothing wrong with upping the amount when it's necessary. I'm also thinking about obtaining an alternative supply just in case things go wrong, to add on top carefully. To be honest, I don't know what outcome to anticipate, yet supposing the usual results continue, I have no trouble at all with proper nutrition, and that feels liberating. It has really made me view meals in a more practical way instead of being driven by urges.
Another aspect that lifts my spirits is how those studies showed no sign of leveling off, from what I can recall anyway, and the reductions in body mass seemed mostly held back by the short duration of the tests 🙂
The time-based weight reduction plot from that newer reta trial reporting twenty nine percent loss on twelve milligrams after seventy two or eighty weeks is something I never examined. Earlier trials wrapped up prior to any leveling off so I figured that point must already have been reached after such a span. Locating the actual paper myself to go through it seems necessary. Continued drops even at seventy two weeks would strike me as truly noteworthy.
I reckon the T-1 findings are the ones that matter most.
Appreciate the info, hadn't come across it before. My weight kept dropping through 80 weeks and a little more by the close of the additional phase at 104 weeks, hitting a peak reduction of 30.3 percent. Wanted to include the chart here but it wouldn't work.
Excellent. I bookmarked that.
I began at roughly the same period you did, and I've lost about 15 pounds so far. My progress stopped after dropping 12 pounds while taking 2mg, which led me to raise the dose to 3mg recently. It's nice seeing your good results. Which application are you using there? That picture looks really good, and I'm envious!
I included a graph that might interest folks. It looks like the amount taken influences how fast folks get close to that typical thirty percent drop in body mass. Past the eighty week mark those lines continue dropping, and they drop faster when starting out farther from the thirty percent level. My thought is that hitting thirty percent usually lands someone near a normal body mass index so they probably eased up then and the system pushes back against losing more. Pure speculation on my part.
I recall that starting around the eightieth week every person in the study received the twelve milligram amount, placebo users included. By the one hundred fourth week the weight reduction percentages were becoming alike. The experiment finished soon after.
Yeah the diagram points out the highest dose folks can handle after eighty weeks and for most that comes to nine or twelve milligrams based on my memory.
Appreciate you sharing that chart since my own attempt at posting one didn't work out. It shows continued progress on the scale remains possible even after months on treatment whenever the amount taken goes up. I've come across claims here that a stall reduces how much extra benefit comes from raising the amount and that moving up faster produces bigger overall drops but this data points the other way. It hints that hitting a stall while still wanting to drop more could make trying a bigger amount or combining with the other medication worth considering provided any unwanted effects stay manageable and that gains taper off. The visuals are really informative and this ranks right behind the long tirzepatide trial that stayed flat for years at the same level. In the current set those taking the highest amount dropped another two percent across the final six months moving from twenty eight point three to thirty point three and extending the pattern suggests maybe two more percent before it levels completely yet thirty two percent total still looks impressive. It would be interesting to see a later trial that raised the amount again for participants who remained quite heavy at the close assuming they handled it and also a matching long term check like the tirzepatide one to verify the drop holds steady.
This is now going to serve as my place for tracking and chatting about how things are going. Fourteen weeks have passed and my results sit right on the chart. I'm thinking about raising the amount from here on out so I can make the most of where the lines start to separate. My average drop has been one point six pounds each week and I really hope that rate stays steady. Right now I'm on about five point six milligrams per week which works out to four milligrams every five days. People with more time on this have probably seen different things so I'd like to hear those stories. Is it better to hold off on the increase until the drop slows down or just go with what the chart suggests?
Losing around that amount each week looks solid to me, hinging on how long it would take to reach the target from where things stand now. After checking the starting point, end goal, and expected duration, I'd lean toward adjusting the dose upward. That approach of dropping one percent weekly sounds realistic enough that it fits what I'd aim for in a similar spot. The calculation for five point six milligrams weekly checks out closely enough. Everyone handles things their own way, so any graph from trying it out just shows a typical pattern. If the current rate would get me there inside nine to twelve months, I'd stick with it. Yet given the figures here, and assuming any unwanted effects stay tolerable, raising the amount to aim for that one percent weekly drop makes sense. A calculator for figuring out high and low points along with dosing schedules helped me map things like this. Five point six milligrams per week lines up with a high of eight point seven and low of five point zero seven, while four milligrams every five days lines up with a high of eight point three and low of five point seven.
Way to drop those twenty pounds! I've started using this as part of my methods. It's tough to fit in enough protein. Saw the info and thirty grams packed into one hundred twenty calories is hard to top.
At the moment my loss rate sits under one percent each week so reaching the target will stretch beyond twelve months. Wondering if one percent has some scientific backing or whether it's the upper limit before muscle starts dropping too much. With that in mind I'm going to step up to five milligrams every five days beginning tomorrow for a total of seven milligrams weekly and monitor the outcome. I've stuck with this amount for roughly four weeks now across six injections and the unwanted effects seem tolerable so why not test a higher level. That seven milligrams weekly count does lean toward the stronger side when weighing gains against drawbacks. Let's hope this adjustment doesn't cause too many headaches.
Personally, timing mattered most to me. Nothing in studies backs up this thought, so it may not hold true. Benefits seem to lessen as time passes, no matter the largest amount taken. Pairing that notion with a reasonable loss of a few pounds weekly formed my view. I also considered changes to food intake and workouts to reach objectives faster. Keeping things as is or incorporating more substances and activity into the plan still means progress is underway. Solid effort.
Alright, sent the 5. Wish me luck.
I've shed thirty pounds over roughly twelve weeks using Tirz and things look positive.
Related discussions
Add your experience
If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.