Forum › Stacking & Switching

Semax, Selank, Epitalon VS NA Semax, NA Selank, NA Epitalon

27 replies8 peopleAug 22, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Are the N-acetyl and adamantane-modified versions of Semax, Selank, and Epitalon more effective than the standard forms, and how do intranasal versus subcutaneous routes compare?

Users report that N-acetyl amidate forms last longer and feel stronger than plain versions, while adamantane-capped versions (Adamax/Adalank) are considered the most potent. Intranasal delivery is preferred by several for better brain effects and bioavailability on short peptides, though some find subcutaneous workable and one user notes sinus issues make nasal ineffective. Real-world comparisons remain limited, with most basing opinions on personal trials or research rather than head-to-head data.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether adamantane forms are truly available from most sources versus just amidate versions, and whether nasal or subcutaneous is clearly better for all users

Still open

Direct personal comparisons between regular, N-acetyl, and adamantane versions from the same individuals, plus reliable intranasal protocols for less common peptides like Dihexa

Nothing here is advice.

27 replies · 8 people
NorthFenwick56archiveopening postAug 22

Not many discussions cover the modified versions. I'm considering using all three and want to know if anyone has tried them or knows more. All would be injected under the skin. Searches suggest the altered forms work better, but I'm after actual experiences comparing the basic ones to the changed versions. Has anyone used either or looked into the altered ones?

GreyLedger42archiveAug 22

What does NA stand for?

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @GreyLedger42

It means the N-acetyl amidate forms. For the first two peptides the modified versions also go by other names and can be found listed on certain research sites.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

I ordered a couple of the larger modified Selank kits after getting good results from smaller amounts of the basic version. Hoping for longer-lasting effects whether sprayed in the nose or injected under the skin. Once it arrives I'll share how it goes.

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

When did you place the order? Bought straight from a seller? Quite a few places stock the changed Selank and first peptide, but the third one is harder to locate in modified form. Do you inject the second peptide into a vein? Is that done in a clinic or on your own?

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22

The strongest Semax version includes an adamantane structure at the end of the chain, and the same applies to the Selank counterpart. Without that specific addition the product isn't considered the full version. There are also amidate-only versions, yet they fall short on absorption and strength compared with the adamantane ones. The Semax version with adamantane shows up more often, but the weight must hit 1032 Da or it's not the real thing. I prefer nasal over under-the-skin use.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

It'll take a couple of months if the group order stays on track.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

The one I got was listed as the amidate version in a 30 mg size. Whatever the exact setup, the amount gave a solid deal compared with smaller basic Selank.

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

That should be fine. Just make sure they aren't claiming the adamantane version when it lacks that structure. Some sellers don't know the difference and others don't care.

BlueCinder57archiveAug 22

Is there another common name for the modified third peptide? I've seen the names for the first two but not sure what this one is called.

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

Oops, I meant nasal spray earlier. Thanks for the correction. I'm still fairly new to this and the info helps. The adamantane versions sound like the top choice, while the amidate-only ones are weaker, right? Should I avoid the amidate forms for the first two peptides? Did that come from an AI or from a research site?

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22

After looking into all the versions, the basic one is like regular fuel, the N-acetyl version steps it up, and the adamantane version tops the list. If the plain version already works for you then the others should feel even better. The upgraded forms cost more, so starting with the basic one lets you test response first. Since you're already getting the N-acetyl version that should still give longer action and a bit more strength than the plain version.

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

They both need the same addition to count as the full versions.

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @BlueCinder57

The third peptide comes as an amidate version in modified form, though some places sell it without that cap and it doesn't seem worth the extra cost. My most recent cycle used the amidate version. It also seems to work better when used nasally.

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Thanks, that was a clear way to put it. Have you been using these for a long time?

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

That video was interesting. Sounds like you've tried both routes and prefer nasal. I didn't realize the rodent studies were all done that way. How would they even get rats to use a nasal sprayer? I've seen some peptides offered ready for nasal use, but could I take material from a vial and make my own nasal spray? Is that mainly for the strongest Semax version?

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

They probably used tiny spray bottles. I only use the strongest Semax version under the skin because nasal feels too strong for me. Even under the skin a small amount goes a long way. For the basic versions of the first two peptides and the third one, nasal works better in my experience. I also lean toward nasal for another related compound. I shared how I prepared the spray a few months back. The method is the same for all of them, only the concentration changes to adjust the dose. Which one gave you clear noticeable effects?

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Good details on making the nasal spray. In general do you think most peptides that affect the nervous system work better nasally? I'm looking at another one called Dihexa.

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

Most of the time nasal gives higher absorption, though there are exceptions. One compound is always given by muscle or vein in a medical setting. I wouldn't try putting that one in my nose. Dihexa is usually in tablet form and hard to locate, with limited studies. I haven't tried it beyond reading.

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

I've seen it in 10 mg vials. The pill version patent isn't being challenged from what I hear, but nasal might still improve uptake based on what you said.

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

I don't know of any nasal protocol for it. You'd be trying something new. The under-the-skin amounts are already high, around 8-10 mg, so getting that much through the nose without it running down the throat would be difficult. I wouldn't go that route myself.

BlueLedger91archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

I'm interested in your actual results comparing nasal and under-the-skin doses for each of these peptides plus the related one. After several sinus operations I no longer have most of the tissue that would absorb a nasal dose, so that route doesn't work for me. Another compound is also being considered. Any thoughts on under-the-skin versus nasal for that one?

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @BlueLedger91

Sorry to hear about the sinus problems. For these short-chain peptides under 1000 Da, nasal is usually the strongest method because they absorb well and can travel along nerve pathways straight to the brain. It also avoids liver filtering. That doesn't make under-the-skin useless, just less efficient. I've tried both and still favor nasal, but the doses stay roughly the same either way. Research sites list protocols for both. You could add an extra injection to make up for lower efficiency. The first peptide typically lasts three to four hours either route.

ClearWillow59archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Do you load it into nasal spray bottles? Which ones work well?

CopperAlder51archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @ClearWillow59

I use specific spray bottles that deliver about 0.10 mL per spray, which simplifies dosing. I shared the exact reconstitution amounts I use in another thread.

PatientBeacon57archiveAug 25

I had an AI create a comparison table that I find helpful. The strongest Semax version is still often sold without the full adamantane structure, sometimes just with an extension and maybe an amidate cap. The Selank counterpart is even less likely to include the adamantane part. Checking molecular weight is the best way to confirm what's actually in it. The adamantane part adds noticeable weight, making it easier to verify.

PatientBeacon57archiveAug 25

You end up with the plain version, one with just the N-acetyl addition, one with both N-acetyl and an amide cap, one with the N-acetyl plus an amino-acid bridge possibly with the cap, and finally the full version that also has the adamantane structure. It all depends on how the chemist interprets the requested formula and how much they want to charge for the starting materials.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.