Forum › Dosing & Titration

Random increase in food noise

12 replies10 peopleSep 16, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Why does food noise suddenly spike on GLP meds even after weeks of quiet appetite?

Users report occasional intense food noise days despite steady GLP use. Several link the spikes to under-eating that catches up, hormone cycles, or end-of-day boredom rather than medication failure. Others note it can appear randomly or near injection time without clear triggers. Low-calorie crunchy snacks and keeping busy are common coping tactics mentioned.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether the noise is true hunger, habit, or medication fluctuation

Still open

Why some days the signal appears with no identifiable cause

Nothing here is advice.

12 replies · 10 people
LevelSignal57archiveopening postSep 16

Has anyone else mostly had low food noise and been doing fine on the GLP only to suddenly get a day where the noise goes crazy? It hit me out of the blue yesterday. Food noise stayed pretty low after I started the GLP and that felt great. Yesterday I kept thinking about food the whole time, even walking to yoga and passing restaurants thinking how much I wanted what I saw. Anyone else?

AmberCinder18archiveSep 16
↳ replying to @LevelSignal57 (opening post)

The only time something like that happened to me was when I figured out I had been massively under fueled. It was like several days of not enough calories piling up and then hitting all at once, the body just screaming for fuel.

ClearLantern70archiveSep 16

Killing food noise does not always remove true hunger sensations.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 16

I still get hungry but it is not that nonstop must-eat thought at the front of my mind. A handful of nuts or even nothing at all is usually enough to stop thinking about it.

BlueAnchor59archiveSep 16

I notice this happens too while using tirz, despite the appetite signals being low most of the time. It often indicates that I've skipped enough food over recent days and now it's affecting me, rather than the treatment stopping working abruptly. Eating a solid dinner containing enough protein usually settles things down again. Should the feeling linger beyond that, I look at my rest patterns and total intake prior to getting concerned.

LevelSignal57archiveSep 16

I was not actually hungry or underfueled. I was just super snacky for no real reason at all.

BlueHarbour27archiveSep 16

I get exactly what you're describing. It tends to come on towards evening once the pace eases off. Physically my stomach isn't signaling actual hunger or satisfaction, yet there's this intense urge to munch on something anyway, and I know it's purely mental. Probably stems from the reduced activity letting my thoughts wander, and my brain defaults to occupying itself the old way by eating.

SteadyPebble24archiveSep 16

It happens to me close to the end of the week before I do my injection. I still fill up quickly though. I learned to respect those rare random hunger signals because maybe something is missing and I am craving it for a reason I do not know yet.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 16

So how did you handle it? What did you do?

BlueHarbour27archiveSep 16
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

I try to keep my mind busy with simple tasks. I also stocked up on things like cherry tomatoes, celery, and cucumbers. I can eat fifteen of those tomatoes and only add forty-eight calories. It is strange now that I do feel full yet my mouth still tells me to eat something. Fifty years of bad eating habits are tough to unlearn.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 16
↳ replying to @BlueHarbour27

Smart decisions on your part. It's good that you went ahead and ate when you felt the need. Although overdoing things isn't ideal, you chose beneficial and wholesome items for your hunger. Everyone deals with breaking old routines and forming fresh ones. I'm in the same boat with that.

PlainCompass54archiveSep 17

Most of the time I find hormones are involved in my case as well.

ClearQuill84archiveSep 17

Ever since beginning this treatment in April, I've encountered these urges for starches, candies, or bites on certain occasions. My eating plan consists of plenty of protein with minimal carbs and fats, which could explain it, yet this never occurs prior to eating. The sensation emerges right after my initial food intake each day. At times the urge stays weak and simple to handle, but on other occasions it becomes intense and difficult to manage. Interestingly, this pattern skips the fourth and fifth days following my weekly dose. There's no consistent pattern to when it appears; it could show up the following day or even right on dosing day itself. I administer the full amount in one shot each week without dividing it.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.