Forum › Gear & Supplies

Ultra-low temp freezer

54 replies15 peopleSep 18, 2026☆ Follow
54 replies · 15 people · page 2 of 2
BrightCinder50archiveSep 19
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

A standard purity test does not catch aggregation or misfolding, which are the real concerns. The test did show some degradation had occurred.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 19
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Probably Celsius. -20 °C seems to be the lowest threshold most sources list for storage, though some allow a bit higher.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 19

My conclusion is that around 0 °F / -20 °C is where further cooling stops giving meaningful gains. Going colder is fine but not worth the extra effort for me based on what I have seen.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 19
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

Thank you. I am glad I finally heard the interview for myself.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.