Forum › Gear & Supplies

Moving to a new house / How to transport peptides from the freezer

34 replies21 peopleSep 8, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

how to move frozen peptides across a short distance without buying special equipment

Participants agree a 30-minute car ride poses little risk. Most recommend a basic cooler with ice or even no cooling at all, citing the peptides' stability during long shipping and storage. A few suggest dry ice for extra caution around freeze-thaw cycles, but others call such steps unnecessary.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

whether any special cooling is needed at all versus using at least a basic ice chest

Nothing here is advice.

34 replies · 21 people
SlowSparrow81archiveopening postSep 8

I'm moving soon and realized I have a lot of peptide kits stored in the freezer. I need a way to get them to the new place without spending much. The drive is only about half an hour so I'm looking for simple options instead of a powered portable freezer. Anyone done this before and have tips?

PlainAlder11archiveSep 8

Drive them over, it's too far to carry by hand. Thirty minutes or so, just toss some ice in a cooler.

PatientMarble96archiveSep 8

Something like this?

AmberCinder18archiveSep 8

For half an hour just put them in a cooler with ice.

BrightBeacon35archiveSep 8

That super chilled liquid froze the movie robot solid so I figure it should handle my peptide samples just fine.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 8

Those items stay fine even after thirty minutes with nothing covering them at all.

SlowSparrow81archiveSep 8
↳ replying to @PatientMarble96

Is this the liquid nitrogen container someone mentioned? Thanks everyone. I already have a portable cooler so I'll fill it with ice and put the peptides inside.

ClearBeacon24archiveSep 8
↳ replying to @SlowSparrow81 (opening post)

I'm not convinced those would see any impact, since they often linger in storage for many months ahead of arrival.

IronKettle95archiveSep 8

Every now and then a heading tips me off that the replies will brim with witty sarcastic jabs. This thread had me cracking up quite a bit. Nothing came up short. Really enjoy spending time on this site. 😉 😝

PlainAlder11archiveSep 8
↳ replying to @IronKettle95

What's the right spot to mail these bills?

GreyLedger65archiveSep 8
↳ replying to @SlowSparrow81 (opening post)

When I drove them four hours to my siblings place I just threw them in the cooler with ice packs along with the food.

BrightWillow90archiveSep 9

Man this situation is ridiculous did you acquire a frozen treat previously what was the outcome of your effort

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @BrightWillow90

The amusement grows because the whole thing echoes asking whether someone once bought soluble coffee.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Yeah I usually stick things in the freezer when they might sit around forever and shift them over to the refrigerator once I expect to finish them inside a year or so. A couple containers are also just sitting in my drawer for the next little while. It takes almost no work so I go ahead and do it anyway. Even so pictures showing how freeze-dried items hold up plus some clips I've seen leave me thinking it stays okay regardless especially this compound.

KeenThistle61archiveSep 9

A big cooler with ice. You can get big bags of ice cheap at a grocery store.

PatientMarble96archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @SlowSparrow81

Nope that's not the reason 😄🤣 I simply added a cold pack underneath just in case the electricity cuts off or while things thaw out. I understand these compounds won't go bad right away once they hit ordinary temperatures unlike actual food yet the box costs little and works fine for holding stuff. Hope everything with the relocation turns out okay👍

ClearBeacon24archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @PatientMarble96

Even if they warm up to everyday temperature does it matter much? Folks who are all worked up should check the facts since these stay stable far better than expected. Someone left a batch in storage space for a decade and it only lost around three percent. Everyone ought to just relax.

ClearSignal10archiveSep 9

I bring along dry ice whenever I head out on camping trips. I always avoid touching it straight with my skin. My peps go into the cooler first, then I lay down paper or similar material before setting a piece on top. I close the lid but leave a gap so vapor can get out. Everything ends up staying frozen solid that way.

SlowSparrow81archiveSep 9

Grateful for the mention of dry ice, that idea appears appealing. What concerns me most is the freezing and melting loop, people, since I aimed to prevent it.

WarmSparrow33archiveSep 9

I keep things basic without any cooling packs or insulated boxes at all. Instead I just set a solid bin on the floor behind the front seats.

SlowLedger31archiveSep 9

Someone might consider molten rock inside a pail but I personally would skip that notion though it could make for an interesting test. Honestly if they have not been mixed back together yet then an insulated box holding chilled cubes should handle it. To feel safer maybe layer some lunch items across the top. I would keep right at the posted pace and use the restraints while skipping any ride that has expired plates and coming to complete stops at crossings. Make sure a working cold storage unit is set up once arriving at the other place. Have a good time.

QuietCinder50archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @SlowSparrow81 (opening post)

Those substances arrive from overseas packed inside warm boxes that spend many days in transit. They ought to handle a brief stretch at room temp without trouble. There were times I prepared some bottles that sat out for weeks after doing the mixing myself yet noticed zero issues.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 9

Hope everything goes smoothly with relocating. Nice to hear about the fresh home! I quit putting mine in the freezer. Now they just stay in a shaded spot that's not warm. Opening the freezer kept causing me too much trouble and worry.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

That's why I bought a small dedicated one. I'd also like to say, some totally overkill suggestions.

WryBramble37archiveSep 9

It's not a big deal really. They ship from overseas in a box that goes through many extremes.

WarmMeadow92archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @WryBramble37

You can bet they're not holding those kits cold starting from when they're created right through to the moment they're dispatched. Chances are they sit out in the open on a surface inside somebody's residence.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 10

abbreviation. I've seen her call herself that.

WarmMeadow92archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Apparently I overlooked the notice. 😂 I apologize to that outfit for supposing they had been upgraded to the status of a peptide distributor from Asia.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @WarmMeadow92

well she went and chose her selling title already plus she said those items rank highest after full checks and being prepared

LevelTimber64archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @WarmMeadow92

Is this a step up or a step down? 😂😆😂 Sharing a snapshot of some senior guy rocking extended silver whiskers.

SharpBramble80archiveSep 13

Why you bought them, didn't they ship warm?

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.