Forum › Dosing & Titration

Not sure where to go from here, advice appreciated

22 replies14 peopleOct 7, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

switched from tirzepatide to retatrutide and now dealing with returning hunger and weight gain what to adjust next

The original poster had solid results on tirzepatide up to 15 mg but lost effect after a break and switch to retatrutide at 2 mg then 5 mg plus some tirzepatide. Several replies note retatrutide appetite control is weaker than tirzepatide at equivalent doses and recommend raising both or returning to tirzepatide while staying on retatrutide longer. Others suggest adding another compound for hunger control or checking genetic factors. The thread stresses giving any change time rather than rapid stacking.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

whether to prioritize raising retatrutide, returning to tirzepatide, or layering an additional compound for appetite control

Still open

how long to wait on a given dose before declaring it ineffective and what genetic testing if any would change the plan

Nothing here is advice.

22 replies · 14 people
LevelSparrow20archiveopening post1d

I used tirzepatide for roughly five months with solid results for three or four of them. I reached 15 mg for the final month and a half before the effects faded. After taking a month off I began retatrutide at 2 mg for two weeks with no noticeable change so I raised it to 5 mg and added 5 mg of tirzepatide for the past two weeks. Hunger remains strong most of the time and I am regaining weight. Sleep has also been poor which I heard can happen with retatrutide. I am unsure whether to keep increasing the dose, raise the tirzepatide again, switch back fully, or try something else.

Increase the dose and probably both compounds. Avoid another break. Consider adding another option for appetite control. Someone else here has experience with quicker increases and higher amounts.

PlainAlder11archive1d
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

There was another thread almost identical to this one recently about sudden loss of appetite control after switching.

GreyLantern71archive1d

Sorry this phase is rough. I would titrate tirzepatide back up. I recently added another compound but it is too soon to judge results. It is relatively inexpensive compared with the main options and might be worth trying. I have heard good reports about one other option but it costs more and sources are inconsistent.

BlueCompass80archive1d

I have come across articles indicating tirzepatide provides stronger appetite suppression than retatrutide though I do not recall all the specifics.

WarmAlder92archive1d
↳ replying to @LevelSparrow20 (opening post)

You moved from the highest tirzepatide dose straight to the lowest retatrutide dose. That transition is difficult because fast increases with retatrutide bring side effects. Appetite control from retatrutide is also weaker at comparable doses though the glucagon action can still support weight loss once you reach higher amounts since it has a threshold around 4 mg. You could add another compound for appetite help but some of those carry possible mood or motivation side effects.

IronBramble31archive1d

I would hold retatrutide at 5 mg for now and raise the tirzepatide since you already know how it affects you and it should manage hunger better. After a few weeks without progress you could slowly lower the tirzepatide while increasing retatrutide. Do not rush the higher retatrutide amounts and pay attention to how you feel rather than just the scale.

PlainAnchor66archive1d

This approach makes sense.

GreenMeadow27archive1d
↳ replying to @LevelSparrow20 (opening post)

You might want to look into PAM gene variants. Research from Stanford indicates they influence response in around 10 percent of users.

PlainAlder11archive16h
↳ replying to @BlueCompass80

That is what I hear as well yet retatrutide worked well for my own appetite control. I have never used tirzepatide.

IronKettle95archive14h
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

It would be interesting to know what would happen if she raised to 5 mg tirzepatide in a second injection while keeping the 12 mg retatrutide. If that did not work then moving to another option.

↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Many people report tirzepatide gives better appetite suppression. Many who switched from tirzepatide to retatrutide ended up disappointed. I am glad I began with retatrutide and can keep tirzepatide as a backup or possibly for maintenance later.

PlainAlder11archive5h
↳ replying to @IronKettle95

I need to check with her tomorrow to see if she is losing weight. The other option does not look feasible. He was referring to my situation.

LevelTimber64archive4h
↳ replying to @LevelSparrow20 (opening post)

I recognize my own early experience in your post. Insurance stopped covering the branded version so after a two month gap I switched to another source and worked up to the maximum dose with little effect. You have to give the medication time. Two weeks is not enough. Choose one approach and follow the dosing schedule. This is a marathon not a sprint. Everyone here is eager for results but it will come. Stop trying everything at once. There are many adjustments possible to find what works. Most people here want others to succeed.

PlainAlder11archive4h
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

Please no I like it and rarely get it because of carbs.

SharpCinder28archive4h
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

Exactly. Tirzepatide belongs in the back of the freezer where it belongs.

He would just send it back unopened. Everyone knows that person uses only retatrutide.

↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

That is right. The other person may be smart and helpful but I have staff. It is just one cat but she is attentive and will schedule a call between 10 and 10:15 pm when I go on break at the bowling alley.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.