Forum › Compound Experiences

Topical GHK-Cu mixing and skin results

27 replies15 peopleAug 11, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

what base works best for topical GHK-Cu without tackiness or film and does it help skin or hair

Users report that tackiness after drying comes from the hyaluronic acid serum base rather than the peptide itself. Switching to snail mucin or a lighter moisturizer often removes the film while still allowing the copper peptide to absorb. Several people saw visible skin improvements from both injectable and topical use but no one reported hair regrowth on the scalp or limbs. Snap-8 is described as a topical-only peptide that some add to the mix while others prefer to keep actives separate.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

whether adding Snap-8 improves results or is unnecessary

Still open

which exact moisturizer base gives the best absorption without residue

Nothing here is advice.

27 replies · 15 people
QuietKettle56archiveopening postAug 11

Finished a six-week injectable run a month back and noticed clear changes, mostly in an old leg scar that looks far better now. Picked up some cosmetic-grade powder, made a 1 g in 50 mL mix with hyaluronic acid serum, and wonder if others get the same thin tacky coating once it dries. Also saw some temporary fine-line tightening a couple times. Someone suggested blending in Snap-8 for better moisture, but I am unsure if that is the right step or if the current mix is simply off.

PlainCompass54archiveAug 11

I put GHK-Cu into HA serum too and never saw any leftover layer or stickiness.

GreyAnchor47archiveAug 11

I use a pure hyaluronic acid serum and both GHK-Cu and Snap-8 go in without any problem. I keep them in separate bottles rather than combining actives and have never run into tackiness. I usually go for a 2 percent strength and it works fine for me.

GreySparrow51archiveAug 11

I make a 1 g in 30 mL batch for my girlfriend. The stickiness probably comes down to whatever base you start with. We use an ordinary brand serum and, like others said, I would not combine different peptides.

GreyLedger65archiveAug 11

I blend it with snail mucin plus a regular moisturizer and nothing films or feels tacky afterward.

BrightSparrow36archiveAug 11

The tacky feel is probably from the HA serum itself; some versions stay thick and sticky. Also, GHK-Cu does not need cycling; you can keep using it and the improvements can keep building.

SlowHarbour21archiveAug 11

What ever happened to the old Noxzema routine before bed?

KeenKettle50archiveAug 11
↳ replying to @QuietKettle56 (opening post)

Could it be the carrier that is staying behind?

LevelTimber64archiveAug 11
↳ replying to @SlowHarbour21

Do not even say the name or it might come back.

LevelTimber64archiveAug 11

Holy hell, what is wrong with you? You know what that could bring up?

RustLantern55archiveAug 12
↳ replying to @GreyLedger65

Planning to mix 1 g of the topical powder into my snail mucin toner. The peach slices version has a little salicylic acid but it should not matter much compared with stronger acid formulas. I was also looking at an ordinary HA serum but I already like the snail toner so I am not sure adding another product is worth it.

RustLantern55archiveAug 12

I can already smell it. Eurgh.

QuietKettle56archiveAug 14
↳ replying to @GreyLedger65

I could try adding snail mucin to the batch I already have and see if it cuts the tackiness.

QuietKettle56archiveAug 14
↳ replying to @KeenKettle50

It could be the carrier. I got the recipe from this forum and no one mentioned adding a moisturizer, but that seems to be what people do now. Still not sure which one to pick.

LevelTimber64archiveAug 14
↳ replying to @QuietKettle56

That might be the issue. Check the DM I sent.

LevelKettle39archiveAug 16

Got 10 g of raw powder, put 3 g into 150 mL water with hyaluronic acid and added five 10 mg portions of Snap-8. After four weeks the face looks noticeably different. Rosy cheeks from broken vessels are about 75 percent gone and I am also doing nightly subcutaneous GHK-Cu at 1.33 mg.

LevelTimber64archiveAug 16

Snap-8 is not meant for injection.

LevelKettle39archiveAug 16

There are videos showing Snap-8 used with derma rolling. The raw form mixes well with raw GHK-Cu but it is not cheap.

QuietKettle56archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

That settles it then. I am going to try to get some.

RustHarbour63archiveSep 20

Has anyone tried topical GHK-Cu for hair loss? Injections might help skin too but injecting a colored liquid feels odd. I already have a serum that does not seem much better than other products. Should it be used daily? I ordered a multi-peptide plus HA serum that arrives tomorrow.

AmberMeadow57archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @RustHarbour63

GHK-Cu is blue, not green. If the liquid is green it is something else. For your own serum you need raw powder to reach the right strength. For hair loss the cause matters; minoxidil or AHK-Cu are sometimes mentioned.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 20

Copper peptide is cobalt blue. A green vial is not recommended even if labeled GHK-Cu. The effect is slow. Someone on another forum has been using it long term and posted clear hair regrowth photos.

AmberTimber37archiveSep 20

Bald older guy here dealing with prednisone skin damage. Injections and topical mixes give a little help with thinning and tear resistance. No hair came back on limbs or head; the loss is actually getting worse because of the prednisone. Arm hair is disappearing despite using retinol, GHK-Cu, and hyaluronic acid.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 21
↳ replying to @AmberTimber37

I would not expect copper peptide to overcome prednisone strength.

ClearWillow59archiveSep 21
↳ replying to @QuietKettle56 (opening post)

Yes, I get the same film with my ordinary HA that contains Matryxl.

AmberTimber37archiveSep 21
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

You are probably right; nothing fully cancels prednisone damage. Still, doing nothing feels worse. The GHK-Cu serums, hyaluronic acid, and retinol do give some relief.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.