Forum › Dosing & Titration

Eloralintide-Tirzepatide Research Presentation

14 replies8 peopleSep 30, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What do early study results and user experiences show about combining eloralintide with tirzepatide or retatrutide?

The thread discusses a Milan presentation on eloralintide plus tirzepatide data in type 2 diabetes, with users reporting strong weight loss percentages at various doses and time points. Several note fatigue tied to tirzepatide dosing, variable heart rate responses, and improved satiety or blood sugar stability when adding low-dose eloralintide to retatrutide. Individual reactions differ sharply, with some planning to switch or combine agents for maintenance or tolerability.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Participants differ on whether retatrutide can be tolerated again when paired with eloralintide and on the severity of side effects like fatigue or heart rate changes.

Still open

Long-term outcomes, ideal maintenance dosing, and effects on lean mass preservation remain open.

Nothing here is advice.

14 replies · 8 people
WarmMeadow92archiveopening postSep 30

They presented it in Milan today. The Elora plus Tirz study in people with type 2 diabetes is also scheduled for later. I expect it will turn out to be fairly unremarkable since the outcomes will likely be comparable, though possibly with modestly lower weight loss in that group. This is only my speculation though.

SteadySignal69archiveSep 30

At 24 weeks the combination with Tirz using the 15 plus 9 titration reached 25 percent. That stands out. The top dose of 15 plus 9 reached 29 percent by week 31. This pairing beats Reta and produces fewer sides.

GreyAlder96archiveSep 30

Interesting, and it lines up with some early user comments, including my own, about tiredness. Elora alone has not been linked to fatigue, yet the combination shows 40 percent reporting it. The tiredness seems tied to the Tirz dose and does not change across 3, 6, or 9 mg of elora.

IronHarbour22archiveSep 30
↳ replying to @SteadySignal69

I cannot picture what reta plus elora will produce. Actually I can picture it to some degree because I am already running that combo.

SteadySignal69archiveSep 30
↳ replying to @IronHarbour22

Once mine arrives I will be doing the same.

ClearCinder54archiveSep 30

I have noticed that Tirz by itself brings on fatigue for me, but adding Reta removes that problem. I am still waiting for my Elora shipment and intend to begin it with Reta in early November. I am currently prediabetic, and Elora is expected to control blood sugar more effectively than GLP-1 drugs alone. I want to see how it works out.

IronHarbour22archiveSep 30
↳ replying to @ClearCinder54

Adding just 1 mg of elora to my ongoing 6 mg reta feels like restarting reta from the beginning, except without the queasiness from the first few doses. It mainly creates a lack of interest in food while still allowing me to eat if needed.

SteadyLantern35archiveSep 30

I have no option; it will have to be elora plus tirz because I need to quit reta. My heart cannot handle it any longer.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 30
↳ replying to @IronHarbour22

I am seeing something similar on 1 mg Elora with a higher amount of reta. It does not take much food to feel full, yet I can continue eating without problems if I choose. At the same time, if the meal is not appealing I simply stop. I also have to remind myself to eat at all. Last night was the first solid food of the day after one protein shake in the morning, and I could have skipped it without feeling any worse, aside from the lean mass concern. This morning I have already had nearly two shakes and feel completely satisfied, as though I ate a normal meal recently, yet nothing appeals. It is a nice change.

ClearCinder54archiveSep 30
↳ replying to @IronHarbour22

My main concern is blood sugar control. I use a continuous glucose monitor, and raising the Reta dose too fast makes readings swing wildly, sometimes causing nighttime lows. Adding Tirzepatide to Reta helped steady things, but because Reta gives me the best results overall I plan to stay with it long term. I want to test 1 mg Eloralintide with 3 mg Reta to check whether that pairing keeps glucose more even. Eloralintide acts through a separate pathway from GLP-1.

IronHarbour22archiveSep 30
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

I am looking forward to using Elora with a lower reta dose once I reach maintenance, which is approaching soon. I have also decided to stock up on Elora to pair with my existing Reta supply.

ClearBramble68archiveSep 30
↳ replying to @SteadyLantern35

Note that I am not a doctor. With that said, Eloralintide has been shown to reduce resting heart rate, so it might allow better tolerance of Retatrutide when used together than Retatrutide by itself.

SteadyLantern35archiveSep 30
↳ replying to @ClearBramble68

My resting heart rate climbed to 100 or 110 on reta, so I do not want to experiment further.

ClearCinder54archiveOct 1
↳ replying to @SteadyLantern35

It's amazing how uniquely each person handles these kinds of drugs. With a small amount of that compound my numbers went down from 145 over 90 and a pulse near 90 to 95, down to 128 over 82 and pulse at 78. Too bad the amount you took wasn't shared since that info could help figure things out more. While lots of folks have trouble sleeping with it I actually rest really well. Right now I'm trying out this other peptide and although others mention discomfort or heat at the spot I only get a little scratchiness there for up to a couple minutes. Shows again how much variation there is between individuals. Wonder what this new one will do for me.

SteadyLantern35archiveOct 1
↳ replying to @ClearCinder54

My top dose was 3 mg. Sleep was poor while I was on it. Three weeks after stopping, my heart rate has begun to come down.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.