Forum › Dosing & Titration

Reta - Starting dose for Asian women & women in general? - What's your experience? Asking for my wife.

26 replies17 peopleSep 25, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What starting doses of retatrutide work for women, especially Asian women, and how common is anhedonia or mood flattening?

Women report highly variable responses, with many starting at 0.5 mg or 1 mg weekly rather than the 2 mg trial dose to minimize side effects. Asian and petite women often stay effective at lower doses (0.5-2 mg) while others need titration up to 6 mg or more. Mood flattening occurs for some but tends to ease over time or with habit changes; alcohol and social media cravings frequently decrease. Individual titration based on tolerance and results is the consistent recommendation.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Some see the flat feeling as a temporary dopamine reset that improves quality of life, while others view it as an unwanted loss of joy that may persist.

Still open

Whether Asian physiology requires meaningfully different dosing from non-Asian women, and how long any mood changes typically last.

Nothing here is advice.

26 replies · 17 people
PlainLedger67archiveopening post6d

Hey everyone on these paths, I've been curious how women handled their first amounts of this compound. How did things feel at the outset? This concerns my spouse who's thinking about beginning the substance. Separately, has anyone noticed a drop in pleasure or motivation while using it? Appreciate whatever stories get shared.

GreyFenwick31archive6d

I began this new approach roughly three weeks back, with the third injection scheduled for tomorrow at a dose of just one milligram. Prior to that I had already used the earlier medication steadily for three months. Lately it feels like results have leveled off somewhat, yet I want to check whether this is simply a short settling period. Other daily pressures could easily be playing a role here instead.

PlainLedger67archive6d
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick31

Does flattening mean the amount has lost its effectiveness?

GreyFenwick31archive6d
↳ replying to @PlainLedger67

Actually what I was getting at is my general state of mind. It seems I've become less exciting overall. Haha

PlainLedger10archive6d

People vary a lot in how they respond. I began with what many consider the optimal amount of two milligrams each week, but that caused me severe stomach issues and discomfort. I lowered it to one milligram instead, and now I have no negative reactions while losing weight steadily as I reach the seventh week. I chose to stick with a level that suited me well during the initial four to six weeks so it could build up steadily in my body. After that I checked how well it was working and considered changing the amount if necessary.

PlainLedger67archive6d
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick31

I appreciate the reply you shared. I'm aware that flat feeling tends to hit some folks pretty hard. Did it make noticing any happiness tougher for you, or did the mood changes end up milder than expected?

With the scant details given about her background I can share what happened in my case. As someone who isn't Asian I began gradually using small amounts to check my response. General guidance starts at a couple milligrams weekly for a month then increases similarly over time up to around ten or twelve but that felt high to me though trials followed that path. I tried half a milligram first with zero trouble. The following week I tried one milligram and still felt fine without any drawbacks. After that I moved to two milligrams which also went smoothly. I stayed at that level once I hit my goal weight fairly fast. If the pounds return I might drop back to half a milligram though I'm exercising more these days so the results could hold. Taking it easy at first made sense while I felt unsure and there was no need to hurry since progress comes anyway. On the topic of reduced pleasure my partner had concerns from online stories but nothing like that occurred for me. My usual self stayed intact and my overall spirits even lifted a bit from the visible changes. An unexpected bonus was far less hair shedding during showers. Others have mentioned shifts away from quick dopamine sources such as chatting with random people on apps just for validation or scrolling social media endlessly or even drinking less since the appeal faded. If more details come up feel free to share them.

ClearKettle41archive6d

My spouse happens to be quite small in build and reacts very strongly to this. Even a single milligram proved excessive, so we reduced it to half that amount and maintained it for some time. She managed to drop around twenty-five pounds before we increased anything further, reaching just one and a half milligrams, which remained challenging. Currently at one milligram, she continues struggling to consume sufficient food. On the other hand, another person I know started back in April with minimal results up to six milligrams. Interestingly, after adding creatine she began dropping about a pound each week. It seems responses vary widely among individuals, and finding the appropriate level involves balancing unwanted reactions against the benefits sought.

ClearKettle41archive6d

I agree with the earlier point that this numb sensation reflects the brain adjusting its reward chemicals. That same numbness hit me partway through my own experience with the medication, yet over time my emotions rose steadily until the emptiness faded. These days I stay balanced overall. Right after beginning the treatment my urge to drink faded away, and these days the idea rarely crosses my mind at all. I can still decide to have one, yet it holds little appeal. My already light use of online platforms has dropped to nothing since I removed the apps long ago, so I seldom consider them. The same goes for checking headlines, which used to occupy me for hours but now barely registers because most stories seem designed to provoke reactions. Dropping those patterns has made daily life feel better and lifted my spirits as a result. Inside I sense less weight, and the changes arrived without any deliberate effort on my part. They simply unfolded until I noticed the difference. Everyday routines have altered how our minds work, and this compound helps undo some of that.

PlainLedger67archive6d
↳ replying to @QuietSparrow66

Thanks to bluetap and ronin365 for sharing their ideas. Beginning with the smaller dose and then monitoring the situation appears to be the smartest option for us. I plan to start this after my order actually gets sent because of the holiday in China at the moment.

ClearWillow37archive5d
↳ replying to @PlainLedger67 (opening post)

Some of my women customers aiming to shed ten to thirty pounds began at the one milligram level with me. They mention zero unwanted effects while still noticing reduced hunger and body weight. Up to now not one has had to increase beyond two milligrams, with me raising their dose solely when they experience no weight reduction over two consecutive weeks. On my own I kept it at two milligrams until the final three weeks of use to tackle those remaining five pounds.

My spouse needed a reduction from one milligram down to five hundred micrograms while keeping the twice-weekly schedule. She dealt with far too many unwanted reactions at the higher level yet the smaller amount still delivers results for her.

GreyLedger33archive5d
↳ replying to @PlainLedger67 (opening post)

As a female who isn't from Asia, I began using half a milligram for fourteen days just to check for any negative reactions. Since I had never tried peptides before, that probably played a role, unlike most who try this after other similar compounds and thus have some tolerance built up to the relevant receptors. Because of that, I noticed impacts immediately, including unwanted ones like increased heart rate, reduced heart rate variability, and fewer REM stages during rest. My emotional state stayed steady though, and the poorer rest didn't affect how I felt mentally. At the seven-week mark, following four weeks at one milligram post the starting period, I've switched to taking half a milligram on a repeating three-day cycle. I also notice reduced interest in drinking, though I rarely did so previously, and consuming it makes nighttime heart rate worse compared to this alone. Plus, I'm not really into chasing dopamine hits from online platforms or similar, so nothing shifted in that area for me.

As a woman of Asian descent I started with half a milligram in the opening week. With nothing negative appearing I went up to one milligram and stayed there for the following three weeks. Since then I've raised the amount by half a milligram every three or four weeks. Hunger reduction showed up already at one milligram yet feels far stronger now at two. I still haven't felt any drop in enjoyment myself.

GreyHarbour88archive5d

Before beginning with reta I had already reached the top level on tirz, which means I might have managed a larger starting amount. Concern over reactions disrupting my routine led me to begin with a small weekly dose instead. I increased the amount bit by bit while cutting back on tirz, and ended up with almost no unwanted effects. From my experience, easing in at the bottom and checking tolerance seems sensible.

↳ replying to @PlainLedger67 (opening post)

For the other similar medications guidelines suggest everyone uses identical amounts yet nothing official exists for this one since approval hasn't happened. Trials used steps of two four eight and twelve milligrams though including six and ten might help too. Without knowing how much extra weight someone carries it's tough to guess if bigger or smaller amounts work better. Beginning with one milligram seems plenty cautious to me as the makers consider two milligrams safe with minimal chance of trouble and half a milligram just drags things out unnecessarily by weeks or months if steps stay tiny. The key seems to be stepping up every month until appetite drops enough and pounds come off steadily or until unwanted effects show up at which point slow down or back off. People react differently to these with some feeling bad even from small amounts while others feel nothing from large ones and body size doesn't appear to play a role. Because these last a whole week in the system any strong reaction like throwing up sticks around for days. You won't know your limit until you reach it and going slower might alert you to minor issues first but can't eliminate all chances of discomfort. Research indicated most felt better overall likely from shedding weight successfully. That odd lack of pleasure shows up more here than in trials though it still isn't widespread.

GreyFenwick31archive5d
↳ replying to @PlainLedger67

I'll let you know after the Bama game tomorrow! Hahahahaha

GreyFenwick31archive5d
↳ replying to @GreyLedger33

Wow, I've noticed my rest has become much deeper and more restful after beginning this. I wake less frequently during the night, and I can't recall any insomnia episodes since then. Occasionally I awaken with a pins-and-needles feeling in my arms that disappears once I move. I'm unsure whether it's from sleeping so soundly on them awkwardly or a possible effect from the substance. Has anyone else experienced arm tingling while lying down? I've seen mentions of a burning feeling on the skin, but this is different, not the same at all.

BlueSignal49archive5d
↳ replying to @PlainLedger67 (opening post)

My relatives who happen to be women pushed hard for tiny amounts twice every seven days after spotting something online. They turned around and accused me of handing over useless product that did nothing. Once I noted the studies begin with larger single weekly portions they started noticing actual effects. Those same people carry more weight and stand at medium height.
On the flat mood side I've used these compounds across twelve months switching between two versions and some days it hits me though reduced food intake plus not drinking enough could explain part of it. One close friend who's taken one version for eight weeks now describes feeling really low and lacking drive lately. Experiences vary widely from person to person.

KeenSparrow66archive5d

My partner isn't from Asia. We started with five hundred micrograms each week. One and a half milligrams weekly was the most she could handle. Two milligrams weekly caused her real trouble. Her weight went from one hundred forty eight pounds down to one hundred twenty eight. She didn't face any loss of pleasure and actually found the reduced emotions helpful. As a guy dealing with mood problems that same dampening worked out well for me. I don't intend to shift away from the original subject but has anyone else noticed something like this?

My wife happens to be Asian and started at 0.5 mg. Titrated up by 0.5 mg every 4 weeks. Worked wonderfully.

PlainAlder11archive5d
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick31

My spouse began with just 2 milligrams and slowly increased the amount until hitting 12 milligrams, which remains the present level with a dose every four weeks. The unwanted reactions stayed quite slight. In reality I handled every bit of the preparation and injections myself since I take the same thing. As mentioned earlier those reactions fade over time especially toward the later stages and the reduction becomes quite large.

GreyFenwick31archive5d
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Ready to launch into some poking action!! Feeling all fired up and set to overpower several roosters by the end of the week!!

PlainAlder11archive5d
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick31

I bet my details are known to you already, yet football is what comes next.

My spouse of Asian background tried a one milligram amount of the first option and wound up feeling drained with headaches plus an overall sense of being off for several days afterward. She had no interest in repeating that so we moved her over to the second medication at a starting level of two milligrams. She dropped the pounds she aimed for roughly ten in total across about six weeks. We adjust injections based on how she feels without any fixed plan in place. Once she reached her target she still lets me know whenever snack urges return and we handle it with another shot that removes those urges the spacing between those has settled around every ten days. I have increased her amount very gradually and we sit at four milligrams on that same interval now. She has not dealt with tiredness stomach upset or any burning sensation from the second medication. I see no real distinction tied to Asian body traits in this area though experiences differ.

ClearCinder54archive1d

People vary in how their systems handle things, no matter where their family comes from. My partner and her child both trace their roots to Thailand. She picked up some extra pounds not long ago, and workouts by themselves did not bring them back down. I had started using this medication myself to handle blood sugar issues and noticed the pounds dropping, so she asked to give it a try too. We began with a small weekly amount and moved up to twice that, split over several days. Combined with her regular activity, the scale returned to where it had been inside three months, roughly two kilos each month. Her child faced a tougher starting point after giving birth and dealing with strain, reaching over a hundred kilos at her height. With a young one to care for and no room for strong reactions, the increases happened slowly across months in small steps. Progress took more time but still added up well. Her spouse now finds it easy to reach all the way around her when they embrace, and any unwanted effects stayed mild enough to handle without trouble.

GreyFenwick31archive15h

The match turned out amazing. Stadium atmosphere felt electric. Conditions outside proved ideal, and the main player performed exceptionally well. During my twelve months residing abroad in that European country, I attended a local soccer event in the capital city. It created quite an atmosphere as well. Truly enjoyable. Back then sports held zero interest for me, yet university brought me into contact with affluent individuals from the Middle East who covered all expenses for our group outing. Everything went first class, making it unforgettable. Football knowledge was nonexistent then, yet the occasion remains vivid in memory.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.