Forum › Reconstitution & Math

I've officially ran out of bac water.

21 replies16 peopleSep 24, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

what are good sources or alternatives for bacteriostatic water when regular supplies run low or get expensive

Users report stocking up on Hospira brand when possible and some have switched to other non-Hospira options without apparent problems so far. Several note that quality and sterility matter because poor water can ruin peptides. Counterfeit bottles have been found by at least one person. Opinions differ on whether research-grade or DIY options are acceptable versus sticking with known pharma brands.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

whether non-pharma or research-grade bacteriostatic water is safe enough compared with established brands like Hospira

Still open

long-term reliability and batch-to-batch consistency of alternative brands

Nothing here is advice.

21 replies · 16 people
RustPebble88archiveopening postSep 24

I'm seeking some thoughts and ideas here. I've depleted my stock of bacteriostatic water completely. Finding replacements proves difficult without significant overpricing. What alternatives do people usually choose? Hoping for a reliable type to cover my needs over the next three years, ha.

KeenKettle95archiveSep 24

For the last six months I've relied on this water and encountered no difficulties at all, assuming the fact that it's not the original brand doesn't matter to you.

RustPebble88archiveSep 24

Thank you for the feedback

LevelThistle44archiveSep 24

I generally feel that getting extra amounts of this makes sense since keeping it stocked is beneficial. Right now I've got a good amount stored with one additional unit en route and another bought at the earlier cost level that's awaiting resolution and might result in a return.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 24

Wow... I acquired nearly every bit of my collection from that source some months back... a few vials at a time, then several more... it turned out I possessed forty containers plus fourteen additional saline versions... at which moment an inner feeling caused me to halt. 😳 😎

PlainAlder11archiveSep 24

Yeah, that matches what I had in mind too. These days I'm sitting on thirty-four since I picked up a full case some time ago.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 24
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

Right now I've got forty three of them and one more package shows up this Friday. Laughing about the whole thing. The typical expense works out below eleven bucks. If that earlier request for yet another package actually processes while it's still waiting and I figure I'll get my money back then the typical expense falls below ten.

KeenKettle50archiveSep 24

I went and poked myself with some murky bog fluid to prove I can handle it like either a guy or a lady.

AmberMeadow80archiveSep 24

I spotted two fake ones mixed in with the items I keep on hand.

AmberBeacon57archiveSep 25

I wonder if this comes in glass or plastic packaging. It seems like glass ought to preserve it better for longer, though some pictures I've looked at appear to show plastic instead.

SharpCinder28archiveSep 25

Sadly it's plastic material. Though a premium variety of it. The mix exists just for shots once medicines needing thinning get added to a water base beforehand. That somewhat stiff container comes from a unique blend of polyolefin. Two types of plastic form it. Animal checks verified the material meets official rules for such holders. Nothing extra blocks moisture to hold the stated fill level steady.

BrightSignal76archiveSep 25

The listing for the bacteriostatic water gives no hint about the maker. Does the seller stick with one source all the time or rotate among several options?

SharpCinder28archiveSep 25
↳ replying to @BrightSignal76

I select that brand each time without fail. The replies stay unclear owing to the oversight agency naturally.

AmberSignal47archiveSep 25
↳ replying to @BrightSignal76

The listing shows the shade of the container along with its lid. Every now and then with this pursuit you need to catch what is implied rather than stated outright. This one does not come from a retail chain.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 29

Not entirely convinced, though companies could probably pass muster while the origin stays off limits. Maybe try invoking some magic to pull in an official verdict from the higher powers around here. "Hey deities of this board and that bubbly realm, call over the right person!" Then suddenly it happens. Better back off a bit since I don't know what comes next.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

It's fine when it's that specific maker, but pushing a different one from someone new would create problems. The rule exists basically to prevent any promotion or advertising. They might confirm whether it matches or just indicate it doesn't without naming anything. Holding off on identifying the origin for now seems safer in case it's an attempt to promote.

WarmPebble45archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @RustPebble88 (opening post)

It puzzles me that people in the forum fret over pharmaceutical-grade bacteriostatic water when everyone here acquires peptides labeled for research only. Creating sterile bacteriostatic water looks simpler than synthesizing those peptides. Large containers get opened and then stretched across many months of use, so they lose any pharmaceutical status after the first month anyway. I now get smaller research-grade versions from trusted sources in that field and they have worked without issues. Earlier on I tried some generic large bottles purchased online and kept reusing one for a full year, yet I would never repeat the practice today even if such options remained available.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @WarmPebble45

Talk about this has been going around quite a lot in the forums already. You might want to look through earlier threads to locate what you need along with extra stuff. Or possibly someone who isn't as exhausted could drop by with some worthwhile details. Good luck.

RustBramble76archiveSep 29

It's useful info regarding that product. Last year during a promotion I acquired twelve containers of the bacteriostatic solution from a well-known seller, and now my storage still holds a good amount. I expect this supply to last me quite some time ahead. The date on the label doesn't worry me at all.

SteadyAnchor73archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @WarmPebble45

The cause is inferior water since anything even slightly off will typically impair or wreck high-grade peptides for scientific purposes.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @SteadyAnchor73

Exactly. From my experience around here I've come across lab checks on that solution showing poor acidity levels plus contamination problems and missing the preservative agent along with other flaws. Saving a little money isn't worth ending up with an unreliable item when spending just slightly extra each week prevents running into those kinds of troubles.

PatientHarbour28archiveSep 29

I agree with that assessment. This NaCl bac option generally runs cheaper and the two cannot be exchanged in every instance.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.