Forum › Food & Appetite

Explaining Food Noise for Newcomers on GLP-1 Forums

11 replies10 peopleSep 23, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

what does reduced food noise actually feel like on GLP-1 peptides

Users describe food noise as constant mental urges to eat even when full or empty; GLP-1s quiet the brain's urgent demands while leaving physical hunger signals intact. The result is eating becomes a deliberate choice rather than an impulse, with smaller amounts satisfying and old cravings fading quickly. Tangents about unrelated TV shows appear throughout the thread.

What this discussion establishes

Nothing here is advice.

11 replies · 10 people
RustTimber42archiveopening postSep 23

People mention reduced food noise constantly in these forums and compare how different compounds or combinations affect it. After my first dose I finally grasped it: the body still registers hunger through an empty stomach and the tiredness that comes with skipping meals, just like during fasting periods. What changes is the mind stops demanding an instant fix. Thoughts about timing the next meal fade, and deciding to eat feels like a normal choice instead of an uncontrollable urge.

IronQuill66archiveSep 23

On weekends I often lose track of meals because the routine differs from weekdays. One Sunday we had a game to attend farther away, so after morning chores and getting ready we left without eating. By 1:30 I noticed nothing had been eaten yet and the next chance would be around 3:30.

ClearBeacon24archiveSep 23
↳ replying to @RustTimber42 (opening post)

Which show got you started on that actor, Ash versus Evil Dead or Burn Notice?

RustTimber42archiveSep 23
↳ replying to @ClearBeacon24

Army of Darkness introduced me to him first. Still, the role I liked most was the one in Burn Notice.

AmberMeadow80archiveSep 23
↳ replying to @RustTimber42

Burn Notice really holds up. I stopped after six seasons and never went back, though I cannot recall the reason.

RustTimber42archiveSep 23
↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80

I have gone through the whole series four or five times without finishing either. Binge fatigue probably explains it. The setting also feels true to South Florida in a way few shows manage.

LevelAlder29archiveSep 23
↳ replying to @RustTimber42 (opening post)

Solid explanation. I am also a fan of that show. Still, why skip Brisco County Jr.? Food noise shows up even after feeling full, with nonstop thoughts about eating anyway. It feels like a loop yelling about food nonstop. Glad that cycle is over now. These medications let you eat only when actually hungry and treat food as fuel instead of an obsession.

IronLantern24archiveSep 24
↳ replying to @ClearBeacon24

Seeing the same actor on Xena made me appreciate how talented he is.

ClearHarbour45archiveSep 24
↳ replying to @ClearBeacon24

Definitely the original Evil Dead. I was fifteen and needed a parent to get in; it terrified me except for one scene with the possessed girlfriend that I found oddly appealing.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 24

When hunger appears while out, the old habit of stopping for burgers or strips surfaces briefly, then the idea feels excessive and disappears on its own. At home the same thing happens: a small snack like nuts ends the urge without further thought. The drive is now a quiet suggestion instead of the loud demand it used to be, and even modest portions bring satisfaction.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 24

Good idea to lay it out for people new to this. Welcome, hope the place works out for you. Also, the side conversation about shows is confusing. Food noise controlled my days for years without me noticing until it ended, and the change has been huge.

WarmAlder42archiveSep 24
↳ replying to @LevelAlder29

Brisco and his horse Comet still mean a lot to me.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.