Forum › Food & Appetite

POST YOUR FOOD PICS !!!

31 replies12 peopleAug 23, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What homemade meals with macros do people on GLP-1 meds share for motivation and ideas?

Users started a thread to post their own cooked meals, macros, and quick prep notes while on GLP-1 drugs. Breakfasts range from oats with protein powder and berries to veggie omelettes, steak, chicken wraps, and shakshuka. Several note reduced appetite from the meds yet still enjoy larger or higher-protein plates, with some tracking calories tightly and others eating more freely. Replies focus on how the food looks and personal portion sizes rather than debate.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Some participants eat sizable steaks and multiple items in one sitting while others say most portions would last them a full week or that they can barely finish normal plates.

Still open

How much daily volume or calories is typical or sustainable once food noise drops on these medications

Nothing here is advice.

31 replies · 12 people
KeenLedger22archiveopening postAug 23

Hello everyone on GLP-1. I wanted to start this thread to help keep folks motivated and share tasty meal ideas along with their macros. The best approach seemed to be letting anyone here post homemade dishes they eat often or once in a while. If you made it yourself, add a short how-to and the macros so others can try it too.

KeenLedger22archiveAug 23

I will kick things off. This morning I had oats mixed with chocolate spread and berries. I used 60g oats, 25g protein powder, 20g chocolate spread, 100g frozen blueberries, 100g frozen raspberries, 15g honey, and a pinch of salt. It came to about 530 calories with 101g carbs, 14g fat, and 30g protein, and it tasted really good.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 24

I make these two meals several times a month. I do eat out quite a bit, but the thread asked for things we cook ourselves. One is prime strip steak seared in a pan with avocado oil and ghee. If calories matter, trimming the outer fat would save several hundred on each steak. The other is a large tortilla filled with 170 plus grams of chicken, about 58g cheese, around 60g protein total, and roughly 650 calories. The chicken is store-bought precooked fajita style. I warm the meat in a bowl for a minute, add it to the cheese, roll it, then microwave another thirty seconds until it is almost too hot.

SteadyQuill58archiveAug 24
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

That steak looks cooked just right. It must taste great.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 24
↳ replying to @SteadyQuill58

I try to cook it that way whenever I can. Here are a few more examples from the past month.

SteadyQuill58archiveAug 24
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

Without the medication those pictures would make me hungry.

KeenLedger22archiveAug 24

I love seeing meals like that. Nice job, the steak looks excellent.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 24
↳ replying to @SteadyQuill58

When the first two pictures were taken I was on 20 mg a week of one medication and a quarter mg a week of another. You still have to eat something.

SharpBramble80archiveAug 29

This is pretty much my usual breakfast every morning.

KeenLedger22archiveAug 29
↳ replying to @SharpBramble80

That plate looks really wholesome. What exactly is on it?

SharpBramble80archiveAug 29

Thanks a lot. It is a veggie omelette with avocado, chicken sausage, a bowl of fruit plus Greek yogurt and honey, and a protein shake on the side. I am on the medication and this fits my high-protein low-carb approach.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 29

If we leave out homemade meals, here are some things I ate across three meals this week.

GreyFenwick31archiveAug 29

This is so good. My sister just brought it from Ireland and I am about to eat it all.

GreyFenwick31archiveAug 29
↳ replying to @KeenLedger22

No chance. I think I will split it into portions and vacuum seal them.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 29
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick31

Do not forget your friends. I need to make one again too.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 29
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

He cuts the steak right in the middle and eats the center first. That is a solid method a lot of people do not know about.

SharpBramble80archiveAug 30

I did a quick chicken and vegetable meal prep for work. It is low carb and simple to put together.

GreyFenwick31archiveAug 30
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

If you enjoy smoked salmon, this one would be amazing. I have never had anything quite like it.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 30
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Tonight I had steak again, plus what was left of my nine-year-old’s after I cut it up and we ate some straight from the board. I also started mine from the center but did not take a split photo.

NorthWillow72archiveAug 30
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

That is some serious gallbladder medicine right there.

LevelTimber64archiveAug 30

How do you all manage those portion sizes? Most of the meals shown would last me an entire week. Today I ate something different: yellow rice with beans and pork, a cod fritter, yucca, and sugar-free birthday cake. No pictures though. Normally I stick to a bagel with cheese, chicken with broccoli and spinach, pancakes loaded with seeds, sugar-free cake, and chocolate peanut-butter balls. I eat the same things every day now that the food noise has finally gone quiet.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 30
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

Most mornings I start with two protein shakes for 60 g protein and 360 calories. Today my daughter made me two biscuits with grape jelly instead. The steak was about 13 oz plus a few more ounces from hers, roughly 1100 calories and 83 g protein. I also had 350 calories of apples and caramel snacks. Total came to around 2300 calories, which is close to maintenance or a small deficit. I dropped from 282 lb to 200 lb over 34 weeks. I let the dose drop for eleven days then restarted lower before moving back up. My lowest recently was 196 lb with a goal near 180 lb.

KeenLedger22archiveAug 30
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

That is solid progress. I am currently at 2050 calories in a strict deficit. You have a nice variety there.

LevelTimber64archiveAug 30
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

Sounds great and tasty. I just could not fit that much food. Not a complaint, just surprised.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 30
↳ replying to @KeenLedger22

I kept an average 1100 to 1200 calorie daily deficit across those 34 weeks. Scans helped estimate lean mass needs. The lower dose helps now, but the bigger factor was years of stretching my stomach from an undiagnosed swallowing issue that made me drink huge amounts of liquid with meals. After diagnosis and treatment the problem stopped, which has been a relief.

GreyFenwick31archiveAug 30

That looks really really good.

PatientMeadow24archiveAug 31

Breakfast was shakshuka with four eggs plus extra whites, a big zucchini, three tomatoes, a large onion, a bell pepper, and some ghee. I also made a cappuccino for my wife. I baked chicken breasts the day before using a marinade.

PatientAlder89archiveSep 23
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

Same here. I really need to increase how much I eat. I can hardly manage anything and nothing tastes good right now.

PlainThistle11archiveSep 23
↳ replying to @SharpBramble80

Are those eggs or potatoes? It looks tasty. All the meals here look good, though I am surprised how heavy some breakfasts seem. I am not sure I could eat that much and then work out.

WarmMarble73archiveSep 23

Bacon and free-range eggs. They were delicious.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.