Forum › Dosing & Titration

Coming from 10 mg Tirz to Reta 2 mg. Need advice for dosage and transition

9 replies8 peopleOct 1, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

how to transition from 10 mg tirzepatide to retatrutide starting at 2 mg without losing appetite control

Users report intense hunger and binge episodes right after switching from high-dose tirz to 2 mg reta. Most advise against rushing the reta titration because side effects rise sharply; some stayed on tirz while adding low-dose reta, others went cold turkey and tolerated it. Appetite suppression returns gradually as reta dose climbs over weeks, and splitting doses helps limit side effects.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

whether to stay on tirz while starting reta, go cold turkey, or increase reta faster than the standard schedule

Still open

how long the intense hunger phase typically lasts and what final reta dose matches prior tirz results

Nothing here is advice.

9 replies · 8 people
BrightMarble50archiveopening postOct 1

I'm a 34 year old guy carrying extra pounds. Back in the middle of 2025 I began using the first medication at 142 kilograms. By late September that year the scale showed 113 kilograms before my weight leveled off near 118 kilograms through early the following year while I stayed on the smaller amount. Plenty of aerobic work and sensible meals played a part yet because the initial results felt strong I never changed the dose. After pausing for roughly six weeks across January and February 2026 I restarted in the second month but noticed weaker results along with stronger unwanted reactions and barely any progress. I still raised it step by step until reaching the larger amount from mid August through mid September. Then I switched to the newer compound at two milligrams on the last Sunday of September. The day before that though I felt strong hunger and overate quite a bit after my final ten milligram shot of the earlier one on the twenty first. I wonder whether the new one can be increased faster or taken together with the first or spaced every six days instead. With the newer compound I've also noticed quicker heartbeat and heavy perspiration and wonder if others saw the same or if something else caused it. Appreciate any thoughts and cheers to these treatments.

AmberPebble67archiveOct 1

Same thing happened after leaving the ten milligram tirz level and moving straight into two milligrams of reta. Cravings plus binge urges came on really hard. After a full month there I raised it to three milligrams by taking two midweek plus one on the weekend day. Still haven't stepped on the scale once. Appetite feels somewhat easier at three yet stays quite powerful. Fresh reactions showed up that never appeared earlier. Keeping the steps gradual because studies link quicker jumps to higher chances of strong reactions. Never expected the drive to eat would return with such force during the switch. You might run into something comparable. Proceeding at a cautious rate myself since situations vary and no one else can map the right path.

WryBramble37archiveOct 1

I'm unsure what amount to begin with, yet I'm certain 2mg falls short. On the transition side, since reta needs roughly a month to reach full effect while tirz requires about the same to clear, I wonder why anyone wouldn't just stop the old one abruptly. That's exactly what I did when moving from 2.5mg tirz straight to 2mg reta, and it worked out smoothly for me. In my case reta curbs hunger less strongly but reduces fat more effectively. I never ran into major hunger spikes, so the change felt simple. I'm now at my target and stick with just 1mg reta.

GreyLantern71archiveOct 1

I'm keeping my Tirz amount and timing the same but plan to introduce two milligrams of Reta several days later, perhaps beginning with one milligram instead. Being on ten milligrams of Tirz, I have thoughts about trying a quarter milligram of Cag some days after my Tirz shot.

IronKettle95archiveOct 1

I'd stay with ten milligrams of Tirz while starting two milligrams of Reta. Perhaps dividing the Tirz portion over several days this week makes sense. Why exactly do you want to switch anyway? That approach strikes me as unusual. Plenty of users already covered shifting between these options or using both together across various older posts. Earlier threads recorded lots of prior tries with the combination. Negative reactions tied to Reta got covered extensively in those past discussions too.

BrightMarble50archiveOct 1
↳ replying to @AmberPebble67

Appreciate you posting about what happened. Before moving over to Retatrutide I spent plenty of time checking threads here, yet I assumed Tirzepatide could wait a while longer. Now that the final injection of Tirzepatide is coming up, it seems like the moment has arrived to change over.

BrightMarble50archiveOct 1
↳ replying to @WryBramble37

Appreciate the response. I'm aware studies begin at a 2 mg minimum. As noted earlier my Tirz had run out so this seemed like a suitable point to change over. Coming from a larger amount of Tirz I considered going up to 3 or 4 mg after a couple of weeks if the starting level falls short. The hunger reduction is noticeable already today. Planning to watch how things develop over the next several days. Preferring to dose Reta on a five or six day cycle rather than mixing it with Tirz.

CopperSignal27archiveOct 2

Back when I was changing over and struggling with appetite, I tried ramping up quicker and it seemed reasonable after coming off that dose, as long as the other reactions weren't too intense. The elevated pulse and perspiration stood out, yet I balanced them against how famished I felt. Putting on significant pounds over those initial weeks while reaching a proper amount on the new med looks unlikely. That earlier dosage lines up closely with a mid-range for shedding weight. This one often causes more discomforts, both digestive and the specific pulse increase. Over time, those usually diminish little by little across many weeks. Using tinier portions more often kept severe problems at bay better than occasional bigger jumps for me. Like splitting an addition into two smaller ones midweek felt gentler than going straight higher. I always tracked how the amounts accumulated in my system before any unusual adjustments. Tuning into my reactions at the current level was key because even minor upset could amplify later. Studies in people on halting and resuming aren't out there, except for some rodent work with a similar med where it lost punch after cycles of stopping and starting, and plenty of accounts online that sound just like this. That's why I aimed to steer clear of breaks if I could.

BrightCompass57archiveOct 2

Even using six milligrams of Reta broken into a pair of weekly doses, I still don't notice any sweating or rise in heartbeat.

PlainAlder11archiveOct 2

Some are special, or liars.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.