Forum › Reconstitution & Math

Creative BAC Water Storage Solutions

43 replies19 peopleSep 5, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

how do people store opened and unopened BAC water bottles safely

Participants share personal storage setups ranging from simple drawers and cardboard to improvised containers like sippy cups or lunch boxes kept in the fridge or cool closets. Most follow a refrigerate-after-opening habit for the current bottle while keeping spares in a cool dark spot. Light protection and upright positioning come up repeatedly as practical concerns. A long-running side conversation pokes fun at glitter decorations on the containers.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

whether refrigeration actually extends shelf life or if room temperature is equally safe or even preferable for antimicrobial reasons

Still open

definitive best practice for opened BAC water longevity

Nothing here is advice.

43 replies · 19 people
AmberCinder18archiveopening postSep 5

I tried ordering a custom printed holder to keep a couple bottles standing upright in the fridge so they would not tip, but the fit was off by a quarter inch so I returned it. Instead I picked up a dinosaur sippy cup that holds four bottles nicely and makes me smile every time I open the fridge.

SharpCinder28archiveSep 5

For larger quantities I use a small weatherproof protective case, removing most of the bottom foam except the base layer.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 5

I just leave mine in the original cardboard flats inside a drawer. Does keeping them cold really make them last longer?

AmberCinder18archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

I follow the old advice to refrigerate after opening. Adding a few extra bottles alongside the open one should not hurt anything since the general guidance is just a cool dark place, and the fridge qualifies.

SharpCinder28archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

That is where my case of the same brand lives. Everyone else got the weatherproof case so I followed along.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18 (opening post)

I also have several of the taller bottles and wanted to keep four in the fridge. I looked at printed containers but most seemed sized for the shorter ones. Sellers did not reply when I asked about custom dimensions, so I am still searching for something that keeps a couple upright and contained. Your dinosaur cup is adorable and I might try the dollar store myself. I would probably line the inside with duct tape or similar to reduce light exposure each time the fridge opens, maybe even color-coordinated tape.

AmberCinder18archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

If I can locate it, my plan is to slip a piece of colored construction paper inside to block the light.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

Also a great idea! As an English teacher I obviously have plenty of construction paper, and glitter too.

QuietAnchor73archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

You have a spare drawer big enough for whole cases? So jealous.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @SharpCinder28

That explains why I do not have one. Glitter glitter glitter.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @SharpCinder28

I grabbed a soft-sided insulated lunch box that holds a bunch of the thirty-milliliter size and it stays in the linen closet.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

I use those for my kits too. Just bought another during back-to-school sales. Mine has stars.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

What brand is that? It is not the usual one. The fridge is not required. I keep my case plus extras in the original cardboard inside a laundry-room cabinet.

AmberCinder18archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

I live in Alabama so the linen closet does not really count as a cool dry place. Nowhere here does.

PatientHarbour28archiveSep 5

Upon arrival the sparkly particles caught me totally off guard.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

I live in Arizona and we run air-conditioning ducts into everything. I am sitting on one right now.

CopperAlder51archiveSep 5

I keep mine in a big drawer. The only thing that gets special treatment around here is my peptides.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

I am right next door and my linen closet stays cool, dry, and light-free.

IronLantern24archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

That is what I use for my freezer stash. Plastic pencil cases work great inside those lunch boxes.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Just do not mix up the peptide storage with actual school supplies.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

My child's soft-sided lunch box is camouflaged and thankfully not covered in stars.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 5
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

Come on down. The laundry-room closet is a spare that only I open and it stays in the air conditioning.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 6
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

I have one lunch box for regular BAC and another for the saline version. Both are black because the camouflaged and star-covered ones cost a little more. Sometimes being thrifty surprises even me.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 6

Do not worry, those two will send you some glitter.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 6
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

It's nasty how this material spreads around so much.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 6

I suspect some covert group of clever spouses and partners launched the glitter fad in men's clubs. It's similar to those ink bombs activating in a robbery, since the sparkles spread to every surface imaginable.

LevelTimber64archiveSep 6
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

It is so we know where you have been. We do not really care as long as you come home to us. Think of glitter as the original air tag.

LevelAlder29archiveSep 6
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

Absolutely this looks so adorable and fun! I've kept my items inside a plastic container after taking out the padding with the ready one placed in my small cooler just for drinks. But this idea seems way more charming overall! Plus stores sell that shiny tape in fun designs. I can see myself now on an air vent as glitter gets blown upwards in a clip from a song video! ✨

LevelTimber64archiveSep 6
↳ replying to @LevelAlder29

You can see me gripping the hem of my scarlet gown as I position myself atop the cooling fan spewing sparkles upward. ✨✨✨🤣🤣🤣

SharpTimber23archiveSep 8

Up until now my bacteriostatic water has stayed at room temperature whether the vial was sealed or already used and it never crossed my mind that cooling it might be expected. Every peptide product I have goes straight into cold storage even before any reconstitution occurs. Does the opened bacteriostatic water belong in there too?

AmberCinder18archiveSep 8
↳ replying to @SharpTimber23

Some people do and some do not. As I said earlier, I just treat it like the refrigerate-after-opening rule, so I do. I cannot imagine it hurts the BAC in any way.

PatientHarbour28archiveSep 8
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

As long as you do not freeze it, it should be fine. There are some concerns about separation if it freezes. Deeper debates exist about whether it is more antimicrobial at room temperature than when cold, but that should not matter if you are using sterile procedures. In short, it should kill a microbe faster at room temperature than in the fridge, leading to the room-temperature-is-safer arguments.

PatientHarbour28archiveSep 8

Alright, the sparkle enthusiasts have won me over completely. No hero is required here. Time for everyone to sing together.
Craving Extra Sparkle (Waiting on a Gleam)
(Opening part) What happened to every sequin and all that glow? Where can I find bright body color to perfect my clothes? Is no hobby shop still trading after eleven? At bedtime I can't settle and imagine glitter paradise!
(Refrain) Extra sparkle is what I require! Waiting on a gleam right until nighttime ends! It must be rose colored, scattered around freely, and shine so intensely it hurts the eyes! Extra sparkle is what I require! Waiting on a gleam right until daylight arrives! It must feel rough, newly obtained, and seem enormous beyond belief, enormous beyond belief!
(Second part) Far beyond the adhesive sticks, inside my craziest daydream, someone keeps a secret supply of shiny silver just for me. Speeding along breezes past the hobby shelves, one tiny dash of dust clears every shadow fast!
(Refrain) Extra sparkle is what I require! Waiting on a gleam right until nighttime ends! It must be rose colored, scattered around freely, and shine so intensely it hurts the eyes! Extra sparkle is what I require! Waiting on a gleam right until daylight arrives! It must feel rough, newly obtained, and seem enormous beyond belief!
(Middle section) High where the mirror ball breaks up shadows, I want a flash, a flicker, a flash of light! It clings to my tables, it clings to my footwear, it lands on the pet, yet no moment can be wasted!
(Guitar break / Key shift)
(Refrain) Extra sparkle is what I require! Waiting on a gleam right until nighttime ends! It must be rose colored, scattered around freely, and shine so intensely it hurts the eyes! Extra sparkle is what I require! (Trailing off amid huge bursts of paper bits flying everywhere)

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 8

I love glitter and that is one of my favorite songs.

↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Absolutely correct. To free up space I've discarded and donated various items. For the peppers I acquired a secure freezer that locks. No person has ever looked within it. Absolutely no one!

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.