Forum › Stacking & Switching

Advice for switching Reta from 2x/wk to 1x/wk

11 replies10 peopleSep 12, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How to switch from twice-weekly to once-weekly retatrutide dosing while minimizing side effects?

Users discuss moving from a 4 mg weekly split dose to a single weekly injection. Most suggest either jumping straight to 4 mg after waiting a week or stepping up gradually via a 3+1 split first. The half-life supports once-weekly use, but higher peak levels on injection day can increase sides for sensitive people. Several report personal success or failure with the change based on travel needs or preference for fewer injections.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether switching to once-weekly increases side effects compared to staying split.

Still open

Optimal transition method for someone already at goal weight who wants to experiment.

Nothing here is advice.

11 replies · 10 people
AmberMeadow80archiveopening postSep 12

Right now I'm using 4 mg a week split as 2 mg on Tuesday and Saturday. Thinking about moving to a single weekly dose instead. Should I just do the full 4 mg at the next injection and see what happens, or build up somehow? Want to avoid sides as much as possible.

SharpCinder28archiveSep 12

Sides sometimes catch me off guard even with smaller amounts, like brief tiredness, heartburn or insomnia. To play it safer, keep splitting but shift to 3 mg and 1 mg first, then move to the full 4 mg after that.

BrightCinder52archiveSep 12

Not an expert but in this spot I'd probably just go straight to 4 mg a week, though I'd wait a full week after the last 2 mg shot to let levels drop. Body should already be used to it so new sides are less likely than for someone starting fresh. Just my thoughts, not advice.

KeenThistle22archiveSep 12

I'd either jump right to 4 mg or, if coming from 2 and 2, try 3 and 1 first and then go to the single 4 mg depending on how that feels.

BrightCompass57archiveSep 13

What's the reason for changing? I really like the twice-weekly approach and think switching to once a week makes sides more likely.

SharpTimber80archiveSep 13

Planning to switch to once weekly soon because of lots of travel. Currently doing Sunday night and Thursday morning. This week I'll shift to Sun/Wed, then Sun/Tue the next week, then start the full dose every Monday and see how it goes.

AmberMeadow80archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @BrightCompass57

Fewer injections overall. Getting ready for another protocol that adds more pins so even one less would help. I've been really happy with twice a week so far. Also just like trying different approaches now that I'm at goal weight and wondering if another schedule might work as well or better.

BlueAnchor59archiveSep 13

Half-life is roughly 6 days so once-weekly matches what the trials used and keeps the same 4 mg total. Going straight from 2+2 to a single 4 mg shot is the normal way to consolidate once you're comfortable at that dose. The main difference is a higher peak on injection day, which is why some who split to control sides keep splitting. If sides have been an issue, stepping the single dose up over a couple weeks is safer than a sudden jump.

NorthFenwick56archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80 (opening post)

I do 7-9 pins a day and tried moving my reta from twice weekly to once weekly. For me the once-weekly version didn't work as well so I went back to twice a week.

BrightCompass57archiveSep 13

Subq pins don't really count as many. Try intramuscular and then it makes more sense, but everyone has their own situation.

SteadyMeadow42archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80 (opening post)

Are your shots subcutaneous or intramuscular? I do a once-weekly subcutaneous injection and it works fine for me, might for you too. Start with 3 mg if you're worried about sides, then go up to 4 mg that same day if you feel okay and it's been less than 7 days.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @SteadyMeadow42

I'd go straight to 4 mg on Saturday in this case. It's Reta, not TRT. Reta is a subcutaneous injection.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.