Forum › Side Effects

I went from 2mg to 3mg and the anhedonia and fatigue are killing me.

26 replies18 peopleSep 17, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How to handle anhedonia and fatigue after raising a dose from 2 mg to 3 mg?

Users report that both symptoms appear or worsen after the increase, with some linking them to aggressive calorie deficits or the compound itself. Several found relief by holding the dose steady for weeks, adding MOTS-c, or switching compounds, while others noticed improvement only after time passed. Sleep disruption and mood changes compound the issue for some, and a few view the emotional flattening as tolerable or even helpful.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Some attribute the symptoms mainly to the medication while others point to calorie restriction or individual factors such as age or growth-hormone levels; a few question whether placebo plays a role.

Still open

Whether the anhedonia and fatigue reliably resolve on their own, how long that might take, or the best long-term strategy for those who want to stay on the current compound.

Nothing here is advice.

26 replies · 18 people
KeenCinder20archiveopening postSep 17

Nothing feels enjoyable anymore and I'm wiped out constantly. How are others coping with it?

NorthBeacon74archiveSep 17

I take MOTS-c for the same issue and it helps a little. I also find that sticking with longer-chain carbs keeps the crash from hitting as hard. When I drop my food intake too low the second day after the shot feels like those old Sunday hangovers from college.

PatientHarbour28archiveSep 17

Any reason you wouldn't just drop back to 2 mg for a bit or test 2.5 mg instead?

NorthFenwick56archiveSep 17

Fatigue on this med? I get the anhedonia part, but are you sure it's from the compound? Roughly how old are you, if you don't mind saying?

SlowAlder89archiveSep 17

I'm at 4 mg weekly and haven't run into fatigue. My guess is the deficit is either too steep or has gone on too long, so the body eventually shuts down from lack of nutrients.

LevelAlder34archiveSep 17
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

It happens to some. I was sleeping around ten hours a day for the first six weeks but kept going and it eventually passed.

NorthFenwick56archiveSep 17
↳ replying to @LevelAlder34

Had no clue fatigue showed up for some people on this. Thanks for the heads-up. I know older folks with low growth hormone often feel tired, but a small amount of 191aa in the morning usually clears it for them.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 17
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

I got pretty wiped out on Tirz too, though I think at least part of it came from running a calorie deficit.

BrightCinder50archiveSep 17

Exact same thing hit me. One upside was it fixed my insomnia, though all I wanted was sleep. Tirz gave me bad nausea, so I combined them and added a bit of cagri. Now I'm on 2 mg tirz, 1 mg of this, and 0.25 mg cagri with almost no sides.

ClearAnchor16archiveSep 17

Anhedonia slammed into me hard. Everyone irritates me now, but at least I stopped stressing over little things. As someone who used to people-please, I'm actually liking that part.

LevelLantern55archiveSep 18
↳ replying to @KeenCinder20 (opening post)

I had terrible anhedonia the first three months. Staying at the same dose for a month without going up helped. MOTS-c made a big difference too. Selank worked for three days then turned me moody so I quit it.

KeenCinder20archiveSep 18
↳ replying to @NorthBeacon74

I'd rather not stack more peptides since I'm already on this and KLOW. I might still try MOTS-c later though. I don't like splitting doses and doubt it would help anyway since I held at 2 mg for nearly three months. I'm 30. Sleep is wrecked too and even ambien isn't touching it. Diet hasn't changed and I've been on this four months total. Everything was fine until the jump to 3 mg. I don't like how it feels, especially with ambien making me irritable in the mornings. The combo of fatigue, poor sleep, and that moodiness is rough. It showed up early on but seemed to fade, now it's back and stronger. I've dropped all hobbies, canceled plans, and mostly just lie in bed scrolling because nothing seems worth doing.

IronLantern24archiveSep 18
↳ replying to @KeenCinder20 (opening post)

Same here. Anhedonia didn't hit until around 5 mg a week, but at 7 mg it's really rough. I have to push myself to do anything and nothing interests me. Eating more doesn't seem to change it. My workouts are falling off and fat loss has stalled. More sleep hasn't helped either. Dropping the dose would bring food noise back, so I'm thinking of adding tirz to taper off this one and switch completely. Planning to try SS-31 and MOTS-c soon. Already taking high-dose niacin and NMN to boost NAD, but NR and methylene blue didn't do much.

KeenCinder20archiveSep 18
↳ replying to @IronLantern24

It's odd. Just a few weeks ago I was backpacking with my girlfriend and friends, laughing and social the whole time. Now I feel totally checked out. Hopefully it fades after a couple weeks like it did the first time.

NorthFenwick56archiveSep 18
↳ replying to @KeenCinder20

Everyone gets hit differently. I actually liked the anhedonia because it let me just sit with coffee watching Bob Ross for hours, and my life can be pretty stressful. It calmed me down a lot. Hope you come out of it soon though, sounds rough for you.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 18

Makes you wonder if some of this is just placebo.

GreyAlder96archiveSep 18

It crept up on me. During work or quick chats with neighbors while walking the dog I seemed fine and still exercised. But outside those times I didn't want to deal with anyone. I'd talk to my sister and just wish she'd leave. Pretty sure it ended a couple relationships early because I stopped caring and blamed it on no chemistry.

ClearSignal10archiveSep 19

You all can keep that. I'll stick with waking at 4 a.m. and passing hard stools. As for ambien, I used it years ago for international travel and learned fast it messes you up, so I threw it out.

RustLantern99archiveSep 19

Placebo is definitely real.

PatientPebble79archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightCinder50

That's a lot. Hope you're staying safe and feeling okay.

BrightCinder50archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @PatientPebble79

I'll be fine. I've lost plenty of weight before so this isn't new. The hard part has always been keeping it off, and I'm hoping these meds will help with that. My pituitary doesn't work right, so I'm okay with staying on this long term if it keeps working.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 20

Another one just got added to the list. That's why I comment on the advice some of the newer folks give.

AmberSignal47archiveSep 20

Think you'll ever recover?

PlainAlder11archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @AmberSignal47

It was four years ago, so yes. No telling what the lack of oxygen from the double pneumonia did during those two weeks in ICU plus another week in the hospital though.

SlowLantern29archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightCinder50

Looks like you've found what works for you. I've always done better on lower doses too. Good that we aren't stuck in 1950s expectations of everyone being the same.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.