Forum › Injection Technique

NAD+ Won't Pass Through Filter

17 replies11 peopleAug 12, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Why does NAD+ sometimes fail to pass through a filter during reconstitution and what can be done about it?

Users report that NAD+ solutions can be viscous and resist filtering even after dilution attempts. Suggestions include using larger 13mm filters, venting the target vial, removing all air from the syringe, and checking for undissolved particles. One person succeeded with 1000mg in 5-6ml BAC water through a 0.22 micron filter while another traced the problem to a specific kit after other batches filtered normally.

What this discussion establishes

Nothing here is advice.

17 replies · 11 people
GreenAnchor68archiveopening postAug 12

Whenever I try filtering my peptides the NAD+ refuses to go through at all. Switching to other filters and using more BAC water to thin the solution hasn't changed anything. Any ideas on what's happening?

GreyLedger42archiveAug 12
↳ replying to @GreenAnchor68 (opening post)

I've been dissolving a gram of NAD+ into five milliliters of bacteriostatic water before sending the mix across a 0.22 micron filter without running into any trouble.

GreenAnchor68archiveAug 12

Got it, thanks. My one seems to have a different problem.

PatientBeacon15archiveAug 12
↳ replying to @GreenAnchor68

I wonder if the consistency is meant to have lumps. Placing a bit on absorbent paper let me spot any particles that remained undissolved.

KeenThistle61archiveAug 12

Is air what you're trying to force across? Having air trapped in the syringe stops things from moving past the filter without trouble.

QuietPebble47archiveAug 12
↳ replying to @GreenAnchor68 (opening post)

Two things I've done include making certain the destination container can release air pressure and going with a filter at least thirteen millimeters across rather than the smaller size. That approach has always worked without any trouble for me even at 1000mg NAD+.

GreenAnchor68archiveAug 12
↳ replying to @QuietPebble47

I always vent using the 13 millimeter filter on the remaining peptide compounds in my collection. Each of them operates correctly except nad plus.

GreenAnchor68archiveAug 12

Actually I remove every trace of air from the syringe ahead of filtering.

NorthMarble60archiveAug 12

Sometimes the NAD appears to thicken up noticeably. It's still flowing inside the container for certain, yet getting it pulled into the syringe always ends up tricky.

PlainFenwick60archiveAug 12

Every once in a while my filters give me issues. I push hard again and again until after a bit the liquid finally moves through. I can't tell why this occurs but it happens at times.

WarmQuill73archiveAug 13
↳ replying to @NorthMarble60

Yeah it's thick. This also affects the total volume. Mixing a thousand milligrams into six milliliters gave me roughly seven milliliters of the NAD+ solution. It filtered okay with the 22.

GreenAnchor68archiveAug 14
↳ replying to @BlueCompass61

I've been relying on certain filters but tested alternatives purchased online too. Comments in this discussion suggest the thickness might be causing issues. I'll attempt to adjust for that. Additionally, some fresh NAD+ is on the way, so I'll observe the results with that as well.

BrightFenwick40archiveAug 14

What BAC are you using?

ClearLantern70archiveAug 14

I could pass the item back through the filter to check whether it works.

GreenAnchor68archiveAug 21

I should add that I recently bought two lone NAD+ vials from a different seller. Filtering worked on them, meaning the problem lies with my current kit. That's a shame. I'll probably just write it off as gone.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.