Forum › Reconstitution & Math

Avoiding Regaining Weight (and a quick reconstitution question)

13 replies8 peopleSep 14, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How to handle delayed injection site reactions on reta and whether long-term GLP use is needed to avoid regaining weight

The original poster reports delayed site reactions to reta that occur with every injection and are likely immune-related rather than allergic or from the bac water. Suggestions include further dilution with bac water, trying different batches, and noting that reactions are common with GLPs but rarely affect efficacy. On maintenance, several users indicate most people stay on a GLP indefinitely after significant weight loss, especially with long-term obesity history, while the poster questions if lifestyle alone can prevent regain after stopping.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether site reactions are mainly driven by concentration or are an unavoidable immune response that dilution won't reliably fix

Still open

Whether the original poster can eventually stop GLPs without regaining the last 20 pounds

Nothing here is advice.

13 replies · 8 people
NorthCompass94archiveopening postSep 14

So I'm experiencing this delayed reaction at the injection spot from reta. It's happening with every shot, even at reduced amounts, and it's not from the bac water. It's more like my body making antibodies, not a true allergy. Would using extra bac water to thin it out make a difference? What's the usual amount of bac water to add initially? Any chart for that? I usually go with 1mL for these 40mg vials, which makes it quite strong, and I've got two more like that. Thinking about trying tirz instead since I haven't used it, but concerned it might not work as well after reta. Or just stop all of it and try to drop the remaining 20 pounds without meds, though I've seen that most regain after quitting GLPs. Maybe that's from not keeping up with diet and exercise? Is there a chance I can stay off GLPs without gaining a ton back?

SlowMeadow40archiveSep 14

More folks could jump in here too, and I doubt I've spotted every angle, yet my idea would be to thin the mix out quite a bit since it looks overly strong. Running it through some kind of strainer would also help keep out any stray bits or impurities.

CopperSignal27archiveSep 14

Reactions where the shot goes in happen pretty often across this whole class of meds, in that range of cases, and they come from the body mounting a defense response, whether through antibodies or, for slower ones, probably through cells. A study found those antibodies show up a lot but hardly ever keep the meds from working. There's not much anyone can do unless there's a full body allergic issue, in which case stopping makes sense. Otherwise it comes down to how much it bothers you with the itching or soreness and if you decide it's worth continuing. The strength of what's in the shot probably won't change things much, though trying to thin it out is something some people test. Keeping up with these meds to hold weight steady depends on how bad the weight issue was to begin with, plus age or related conditions, and whether it was a lifelong thing or more recent. When it's been ongoing for years the chances of the pounds returning after quitting are high over time. These meds stand out for helping hold the loss steady long term in a way that diet changes or activity alone rarely match, except for surgery. Dropping the weight through those methods takes effort but hanging onto the results for years without help feels nearly impossible. When the spot reactions get bad enough to quit one version, switching to a different option in the same group usually works since overlap issues don't happen often, though the same odds of a reaction apply. Stopping altogether and tracking the scale is another path, with the option to restart the same or a different one if the weight begins to climb again.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @NorthCompass94 (opening post)

The amount you're taking changes how I reply here.

NorthCompass94archiveSep 14

My container holds forty milligrams total though my dose stays at eight milligrams each time. Maybe using extra bacteriostatic water would ease the skin irritation around the injection spots. Without any directions on the overall liquid volume for mixing I feel unsure what amount works best. 😬

ClearCinder54archiveSep 14

For the 40 mg of Reta I have, three milliliters of bacteriostatic water works well when I add it and then deliver the shot at a gradual pace. That prevents any strong buildup right at the entry point.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 14

Sounds like you've been taking reta over an extended period already. Did any of the other lots you tried trigger the same response, or did they all go fine? What happens if another one gets tested to check whether the issue sticks around? I'd like to narrow down whether the substance itself is the culprit or if it's limited to that single container.

IronKettle95archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @NorthCompass94 (opening post)

In this forum some weightlifting enthusiasts rely on these medications during phases of building muscle and shedding fat. Those individuals typically aren't struggling with the usual weight concerns that regular folks face. In my case though staying on this sort of medication looks like it will last my whole lifetime. As someone new to the discussion checking out previous conversations might help where others attempted quitting and starting again afterward. I'd rather avoid recounting those stories myself.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @NorthCompass94

When mixing up my 8mg amount the current fluid leaves me pulling just 20 units and that concentration feels off. Going with 2ml total instead gives 40 unit pulls which suit me more although I still prefer lower volumes provided they stay reasonable.

NorthCompass94archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

That makes sense. Later on I'll check out various lots once discussion becomes possible, as I'm relatively new here.

LevelPebble88archiveSep 14

Out of curiosity alone I wonder what would result from putting nothing except bacteriostatic water into a vein.

NorthCompass94archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @LevelPebble88

I experienced no effect whatsoever. This held true even for the water they provided. Still I tried a different option anyway as a precaution.

ClearCinder54archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @NorthCompass94

Lots of companies suggest mixing five milligrams of the powder with one milliliter of the special water. But you shouldn't mix it straight from cold storage. They say to let it reach body temperature first. Since I live where it's really hot outside, I pull mine from the fridge and let it sit shaded for about sixty minutes ahead of time. That means I end up adding extra water when I do the mixing.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.