Forum › Food & Appetite

Tirz appetite comes and goes

11 replies9 peopleSep 29, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Is day-to-day variation in tirzepatide appetite suppression normal?

Users report that appetite control on tirzepatide naturally fluctuates even after many months, with strong suppression some days and near-normal hunger on others. Most advise focusing on weekly averages, scale trends, and overall food intake rather than single-day changes, and considering a dose increase only if louder hunger or food noise persists. Bodies respond imperfectly, so some days people forget to eat while on others appetite surges without clear reason.

What this discussion establishesStill open

Exactly when or whether to increase dose versus waiting out fluctuations

Nothing here is advice.

11 replies · 9 people
SteadyHarbour40archiveopening postSep 29

Something about tirzepatide is confusing me. Appetite suppression is strong on some days but on others I eat about the same as usual with little effect. My daily habits haven't shifted, so I'm curious if this up and down pattern is common. People with more time on it, does the hunger control stay steady or fluctuate?

NorthWillow72archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @SteadyHarbour40 (opening post)

Some days I feel hungry and eat more, yet those days don't always line up with weight changes. Averages matter more. If you're still increasing the dose, are you losing? If you're maintaining, are you gaining? That's what I'd watch. Lots of food noise beyond just hunger might mean going up in dose. Hard to say without knowing where you are in the process.

AmberCinder18archiveSep 29

Tirzepatide lasts roughly five days, so are you noticing the usual drop around day five to seven as it wears off, or something different? After nine months I've had random days where appetite spikes for no reason and other days where I barely remember to eat. No link to the scale either way. Bodies are complicated and don't always follow simple rules.

BlueAnchor59archiveSep 29

This matches what I've seen. Tirzepatide still works overall but the appetite control isn't the same every single day. I look at the full week instead of any one day and only consider adjusting the dose if the stronger hunger days keep adding up.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 29

How long have you been on tirzepatide? I still see swings in food noise and appetite, yet my stomach usually feels at least half full so portions stay smaller before I lose interest. When hunger shows up at work or out, it's never the old urgent need to eat right away. Often the idea of finding food and knowing it'll be too much is enough to drop the thought, especially with leftovers at home. If you're not getting that kind of effect, going up in dose is what I'd do.

GreyLantern71archiveSep 29

My appetite feels stronger when I'm home compared to being out. Probably because boredom eating happens more at home. Just an idea.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @GreyLantern71

When hunger hits at home I usually grab a small handful of nuts or crackers and that takes care of it. If your hunger is stronger than that, it might be time to go up in dose.

RustSignal28archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

I'm only three months in but I have pretty much the same experience. Hunger can start and I'll picture a big cheeseburger, then feel happy then nauseous and end up choosing something smaller and healthier. Food noise stays gone but real hunger is what I notice now. Some days I need more, other days I don't want anything. I'm thankful for both.

GreyLantern71archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

I think you're probably right about going up in dose. I'm hesitant because it would use up my supply faster. Sounds dumb, I know.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @GreyLantern71

Other ways to handle that. Kidding aside, let your body tell you when to increase and just enjoy the benefits.

WarmMeadow92archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @SteadyHarbour40 (opening post)

Twenty two months have passed since I began this medication and although I joke about never touching food anymore that's not true because my appetite shifts from day to day with some periods of low desire for meals and others where I notice hunger returning yet my overall intake dropped sharply compared to earlier times when half a big pizza would disappear in minutes but now two slices max satisfy me throughout these months and when I still consumed large amounts I raised my dosage level.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.