Forum › Dosing & Titration

Another GHK-Cu thread… how much burning is too much?

15 replies9 peopleOct 10, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How much burning from GHK-Cu injections is normal and what reduces it?

Users report intense burning starting minutes after injection and lasting hours to days, even with dilution. Glute injections with deeper placement and adding KPV are the most mentioned ways to lessen discomfort, though results vary and some still find it intolerable after many attempts. Switching to saline or adjusting volume and frequency are also tried. Several participants note the first shot is often the worst and that fat tissue helps.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether extra dilution helps much versus simply adding KPV

Still open

How long or intense the burning must be before stopping use

Nothing here is advice.

15 replies · 9 people
BlueFenwick48archiveopening post20h

First time using GHK-Cu tonight in the upper outer thigh. Reconstituted 100 mg with 5 mL and injected 10 units. Nothing happened right away, but after about five minutes the burning started and it is still pretty strong thirty minutes later. Cold compress is not helping much. Thinking about diluting more in the syringe next time and maybe adding KPV, but wondering right now how much burning is acceptable and how long it should last. If this is typical I do not see why anyone would keep it in their routine.

LevelThistle44archive19h

Starting my own trial on the 21st. Too soon to tell anything yet, but if an ice pack is required I would need really strong results to keep going. No noticeable benefits so far.

NorthFenwick56archive18h

That is already quite diluted. The first injection is usually the strongest reaction. Glutes tend to give the least irritation with this peptide. Using a half-inch syringe and pushing deep while dimpling the skin helps reach three-quarters of an inch or more. Some switch to saline instead of bac water because it burns less, and I plan to try that on the next vial. Taking 6.6 mL per shot has produced milder reactions over time. More body fat also seems to help. Your first dose was 2 mL.

BrightSparrow36archive18h

Add KPV and inject in the butt.

RustBramble70archive18h
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

I already added KLOW, doubled the bac water, and it still hurts badly for several hours with tenderness lasting about twenty-four hours. Over-diluting does not seem to change much according to what I have checked. Glute injections with deeper placement are supposed to cut the discomfort, though only reduce it, not remove it. I have nine vials left and might try increasing dilution while lowering the dose and splitting into two daily pins, or just sell off the rest.

SteadySparrow75archive17h
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Not sure why, but that reply made me laugh out loud. It is like the universal fix for everything: world peace, inflation, football games, all solved by adding KPV and injecting in the butt.

BlueFenwick48archive14h
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

This might sound completely clueless, but does anyone have tips for glute injections? I cannot quite picture how to manage it with a regular syringe, though I can see it working with a pen.

SteadySparrow75archive13h
↳ replying to @BlueFenwick48

Some people can twist and grab a pinch of glute with one hand while pinning with the other, but most either use a pen or get help from someone else who has seen the area before.

BrightSparrow36archive13h
↳ replying to @BlueFenwick48

I just do it blind. I try to keep the syringe straight to the skin and tap around until I find a fleshy spot that does not feel too sensitive. It is easier than it sounds.

SteadySparrow75archive13h
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Nothing alarming about any of that, but I think I need to go lie down now.

BrightSparrow36archive13h
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

When I first asked an experienced member how he did glute injections he said his wife did them for him. My ten-year-old likes labeling vials but I would not trust him with the actual shot or put him through that. He was already pretty shocked when I explained where the injections go.

AmberBeacon57archive12h

Are you doing subq or IM in the butt?

IronLantern24archive11h

Waiting on basic GHK before reconstituting another GHK-Cu vial. Last time I raised the dose to 3 mg daily and the burning went on longer than before. Longer needles did not change it either. Even at 30 mL bac water and pinning in the glutes it still stings.

IronLantern24archive10h
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

KLOW is on the way for my dad and I am planning to add basic GHK to it to cut the sting. I do not trust him to handle his own glute shot and I am definitely not doing it for him.

BrightSparrow36archive10h
↳ replying to @AmberBeacon57

Using a small insulin needle so it is probably subq. My glutes have plenty of fat.

GreyLedger65archive10h

GHK-Cu gave me injection-site pain that lasted up to nine days. I tried twenty times before stopping. That was 50 mg in 10 mL bac water. Switching to half-inch needles and only using hip or butt reduced it to about five days of pain. Now I use KLOW and have no problems. The KPV makes a big difference for me.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.