Forum › Dosing & Titration

Starting Reta. Dosage experiences?

24 replies20 peopleOct 8, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What starting doses and titration schedules work for Retatrutide based on user experiences?

Users report starting anywhere from 0.5 mg to 2 mg weekly, with most favoring slow increases every few weeks to limit side effects like nausea, dry mouth, and elevated heart rate. Several found 1 mg sufficient at first and adjusted injection frequency to every 5 days when effects wore off. One person described a severe reaction after accidentally taking 15 mg, while others at 2 mg or higher had minimal issues. Responses vary widely by individual.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether to begin at 2 mg with no problems or always start at 0.5-1 mg to avoid sides

Nothing here is advice.

24 replies · 20 people
IronPebble11archiveopening post1d

I'm really looking forward to starting Reta, which should get here tonight. Hoping for tips on initial doses and how often to take it. Some people do it once a week, others more. I'm 230 pounds, 32 years old, pretty active outside work as an athlete. Oral wegovy didn't do much for me on the scale after a few months. Help get this beginner caught up.

WryBramble86archive1d

I began this new peptide five weeks back after moving from holding steady on the prior one at those smaller amounts. Started dosing at two milligrams and held there across four weeks. Cravings bothered me nonstop the whole stretch though I dealt with them by grabbing better bites to ease the urge. Still avoided raising the dose quickly since I hoped my system would settle into how this compound acts. Last evening I moved up to four milligrams and then woke multiple times at night with a parched mouth from low fluids. That experience reminded me to keep drinking plenty on a regular basis. The main goal behind the switch was checking whether it would help my inherited cholesterol numbers.

Everyone is so different when it comes to sides and weight loss. Just start slow, you can always titrate up.

AmberBeacon57archive1d

Began with half a milligram each week and raised the amount gradually by a quarter milligram at a time. This cautious approach was my choice to reduce unwanted reactions as much as possible. In the beginning weeks I still dealt with some queasiness, stomach bloating, quicker pulse, bowel issues and greater thirst. Right now two milligrams weekly feels like enough for my situation though everyone reacts differently. Jumping straight into that full amount would probably have hit me hard with bad reactions.

My first try involved fifteen milligrams but a mixup occurred with the amount and solution prep. That led to ten days of constant vomiting with zero appetite plus ice for any liquid intake. Retching hit around once an hour. A nurse showed up for iv fluids at home on day four and i hit the emergency room on day seven. I was such an idiot.

SharpCinder28archive1d
↳ replying to @IronPebble11 (opening post)

Curious what number you'd pick for your target weight if forced to choose one.

RustTimber42archive1d

Entering week five on this compound. Trials and reports from others mentioned beginning around 2 mg, though many went with 1 mg or even lower. I chose to start at 1 mg since the downside seemed small and it would stretch out the adjustment phase longer than jumping straight higher. That turned out wise because the dose feels strong enough already. The opening couple of days left me without any appetite signals at all. I took tiny bites here and there just to avoid an abrupt stop in eating, then shifted to deciding on modest portions when needed. It felt like a reversal from the usual urgent hunger. After the second shot I switched the schedule from weekly to every five days once effects started fading toward the end of each week. That adjustment kept things steady. Heading into the fifth dose now and see no reason to raise it yet. The current amount every five days continues working, so I'll stay with it until it stops. Saturation should be close, so I'll watch how it goes from there. For context I'm a 32-year-old male, 5'11", and dropped from 195 to 187 pounds over the first four weeks.

KeenThistle22archive1d

I would suggest starting at 0.5 mg for at least a couple of weeks then go up 0.5 mg, stay there for a few weeks, then add another 0.5. Give it time to build up. Don't raise the dose too fast. If you get side effects lower it or split into two injections per week.

PlainAlder11archive1d
↳ replying to @SteadyKettle20

Hey original poster, tell me about your purchase and the amount of weight you're trying to shed. My first attempt used two milligrams and I wouldn't go beneath one milligram. Beginning with fifteen milligrams? That blows my mind.

It was a total mistake!

IronPebble11archive1d
↳ replying to @SteadyKettle20

Thank you for sharing, I’m glad you’re feeling better!

SharpTimber34archive1d

I am male and started with 2 mg. Two male friends did the same. No problems. Everybody is happy. Have three women around me, all started with 1.5 mg. Also no problems, everybody is happy.

ClearKettle65archive1d

FYI via one of the reddit Reta sites there's an easy read that covers the basics.

PlainAlder11archive1d
↳ replying to @SteadyKettle20

That seems accurate to me and quite a major instance as well. How alarming.

WarmAnchor23archive1d
↳ replying to @SteadyKettle20

Hope you're all better now. 1 mg then titrate up every 4 weeks or so.

RustBramble70archive1d

I began with a low weekly amount and slowly raised it across roughly six weeks until hitting two point two five on two separate days each week, which is where things have stayed. Over five or six months that brought a drop of forty seven pounds. Lately the urge to eat has crept back a little, yet I keep steering clear of sweet or salty treats and any alcohol, likely because I feel committed to this routine now and have no interest in sliding back. At the outset those cravings vanished entirely and turning down beer or similar items felt effortless. The sole minor issue was a light skin burn sensation, with nothing else notable. My readings for blood pressure shifted from the higher side of normal down to the lower side, while my cholesterol numbers came back ideal. Lately I swapped one of the two weekly injections for a different medication at one milligram and have been raising that toward the same two point two five level, mainly to test whether it handles the cravings more effectively.

SharpMarble40archive1d
↳ replying to @SteadyKettle20

Two weeks back I began with one milligram. Haven't noticed any unwanted reactions and the reduction in hunger has been pretty good until now. For the upcoming shot I'm considering an increase to one point five. My feeling is that another small step up could happen soon. Proceeding gradually and paying attention to how I feel inside seems the right approach, with that intestinal joke. It's frightening! Glad you've made it through already.

RustAlder31archive8h

Sounds really bad to me.

NorthWillow72archive8h

That turned out to be an interesting read with plenty of short points. Appreciate you posting it. The main problem seems to be folks rushing to purchase without spending enough time learning the basics first, which leads to errors.

SlowCinder96archive7h

I began at 2mg back in July. Kept that going for a month before moving up to 4mg, and I've stayed there. Lost 40 pounds total, from 310 down to 270. I inject once a week on Thursdays. The main drawback has been constipation, though I've managed it by adding more fiber and drinking plenty of water. Good luck.

PlainLedger10archive6h

Beginning at 2mg proved too much for me and brought on terrible indigestion along with reflux while wiping out my appetite inside ten hours. I dropped back to 1mg weekly and things have gone smoothly for two months now. This week I actually moved up to 1.5mg.

I took it slow the first round, beginning near .5mg and reaching 2mg across the opening four weeks, then continued up to 6mg before settling back at 4mg for six or seven months. On the second round I've moved from 2mg to 4mg over just the first two weeks. Go slow at the start, learn what dose your body handles, and avoid any pressure to keep increasing. Slow and steady wins the race. Make protein and exercise a priority.

SlowCinder96archive5h
↳ replying to @PlainLedger10

My wife began at .5mg and has now reached 3mg. She refused to start at 2mg no matter what I said. Lol

PlainLedger10archive5h
↳ replying to @SlowCinder96

Yeah, after doing my own online searching I landed on the 2mg dose and immediately regretted it. Within hours I had intense sulfur burps and other issues, it was awful. I'm planning to increase the dose more gradually now because I want the glucagon benefits and liver reset.

SlowLantern29archive5h

Difficult side effects right at the beginning are extremely common. I agree that slow titration makes sense. Nobody wants the hassle of being stuck inside for days or even a week dealing with nonstop diarrhea or severe constipation.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.