Forum › Food & Appetite

First NFL Sunday - oh boy!

18 replies8 peopleSep 13, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How should I time my weekly injection day to avoid losing appetite for weekend football snacks and social eating?

Users share experiences timing shots mid-week so peak effects hit weekends and reduce overeating urges. Some report the appetite suppression becomes steady after months on the medication regardless of day. Others experiment with Sunday or Friday dosing to align low points with game days. The thread drifts into football talk and forum category questions.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether ongoing appetite changes make exact shot timing less important after the first year

Still open

Which injection day ultimately works best for balancing medication effects with weekend enjoyment

Nothing here is advice.

18 replies · 8 people
BrightLedger85archiveopening postSep 13

I've been noticing that the schedule for my injections could use some better planning lately. Yesterday after doing one in the morning I met up with friends to watch the first NFL games and everything changed. The snacks everyone usually grabs didn't appeal to me at all and even a fizzy beverage seemed overwhelming. So now I'm wondering if I should start picking healthier options during those Sunday gatherings or adjust when I do the shots instead so the food stays enjoyable. I'm still testing things out but this experience has given me pause.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @BrightLedger85 (opening post)

That's the exact reason I picked midweek for my dose. Having the medication circulating during the weekend stops me from feeling like cooking or snacking when there's nothing else to do. Beginning the shots right now would mean reaching the maximum effect only after about thirty days, and the minimum levels would occur every Saturday. You could use an online calculator to visualize the concentration changes over time.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 13

The sensation used to persist constantly. After nine months using this treatment it disappeared. Appetite remains low though. Injections happen every Friday at the start of the day.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

It's amusing that following more than twelve months of keeping things steady, hunger sometimes hits me two days after the injection while the previous day has the smallest appetite. My system appears to adapt, making those changes less noticeable. Reminds me of how an older person might see weekends blend into weekdays. 😛

BrightLedger85archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

Yeah, now it all clicks into place, haha. Never crossed my mind to check when the lowest level hits midweek. If the dip occurs on Saturday, then dosing on Sunday could fit my routine quite nicely. I really ought to tinker with the chart tool further since it looks like I need extra preparation after all.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

Puzzled by the aged fellow there, but then I pause.

PlainLedger10archiveSep 13

My squad pulled out a victory which meant I ate three drumettes to mark the moment rather than around eighteen and a half as I normally would lol

BrightLedger85archiveSep 13

This spot feels overrun with Steelers supporters. My loyalty goes to the Bengals instead. 😍

NorthWillow72archiveSep 14

People don't all root for that Pittsburgh squad. The whole notion of the group draws me in along with their working-class approach to leadership. Even so, folks around here in Texas keep old resentments alive for years.

BrightLedger85archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

I'm a Horns supporter for sure. Still, it's been five years since my last Austin game.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @BrightLedger85

Residing in the area back during 2005 showed me how intensely locals got behind their university athletic group, which felt odd given the lack of any professional franchise around.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

Seems the Texans lost and the Cowboys lost as well.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 14

I'm thinking this post doesn't really match the Retatrutide category. Perhaps it would go better in Off Topic or even Public Square.

KeenSparrow66archiveSep 14

I understand wanting to schedule that pin around enjoying football snacks over the weekend. Currently it's helping me avoid unhealthy choices which I appreciate but I also don't want to spoil the fun for everyone. Go Giants!

NorthWillow72archiveSep 14
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

It turned into talk about matches, which could easily happen when lots of them are on. We began with the topic of how much to take of that stuff. It's hard to know how to handle when things wander, though returning to the start or just letting things go should keep it where it belongs.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.