Forum › Results & Progress

Weight and fat loss peps

17 replies14 peopleOct 1, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What peptides can be used for weight or fat loss on their own or stacked with GLP-1s, and how effective are they compared to GLP-1s alone?

GLP-1 agonists like tirzepatide and retatrutide are viewed as the primary drivers of meaningful weight loss through appetite control. Other peptides such as tesamorelin are mainly discussed for body recomposition when added on top of a GLP-1, while TRT is noted for supporting results. Standalone non-GLP options are considered limited in effect, with growth hormone secretagogues offering minor muscle-to-fat shifts but no overall weight reduction. Many users prefer staying on a maintenance GLP-1 dose after reaching goal weight rather than stopping entirely.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether to continue any GLP-1 dose after hitting goal weight or stop completely to test lifestyle maintenance

Still open

How well non-GLP peptides like tesamorelin perform for fat loss when used entirely without a GLP-1

Nothing here is advice.

17 replies · 14 people
GreyPebble34archiveopening post1d

A lot of people I know combine a GLP-1 with extra peptides to get better weight and fat loss. I want to hear what peptides others are using for those goals without any GLP-1, or whether the strongest results always require stacking something with a GLP-1 anyway.

BlueAnchor59archive1d

Tirzepatide is the one I have kept using for fat loss. It has given me reliable appetite control and steady weight drop, so I have stayed on it instead of switching around. Adding other peptides on top is optional; lowering food noise while keeping protein intake and training consistent handled most of the progress for me.

ClearLedger33archive1d
↳ replying to @BlueAnchor59

Training and protein intake really are the foundation. Even though my diet and workouts are already solid and I am only at 7.5 mg of tirz with room to go higher, I am getting ready to run a cycle of tesamorelin and then one of 5-amino. TRT has made a noticeable difference when used with the GLP-1. I have thought about trying SLU but it makes me hesitant.

↳ replying to @GreyPebble34 (opening post)

Which GLP-1 are you currently using? What dose are you on and how did you titrate up to it? Where are you in your weight loss progress, including starting weight, current weight, and goal weight? Since you are asking about adding peptides to your existing GLP-1, are you stalled or just hoping to improve results? Are your goals a standard weight loss plan or something that also includes body sculpting and low body fat? There are many different routes and other sections on the site with more targeted info. Tell us more about what you are trying to achieve.

From what I have seen, no other peptides produce meaningful fat or weight loss beyond the GLP drugs and amylin agonists. It took decades of research to develop anything that actually worked without toxicity, largely because the body has roughly twenty interconnected systems protecting weight and appetite. Growth hormone and its secretagogues can shift muscle-to-fat ratio a little but do not reduce overall weight and carry side effects. Tesofensine is one non-peptide option from China with some supporting data and relative safety, though many struggle with dosing because of its long half-life and accumulating side effects; studies showed around 10 percent weight loss.

KeenThistle22archive1d

reta combined with aod and motsc, plus bpc or kpv if inflammation is an issue.

Not a peptide, but TRT.

GreyPebble34archive1d
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

I was using reta. I reached my target of 185 lbs, stopped the reta, and have kept my weight mostly stable with only a 5-6 lb gain, now sitting at 190-191 lbs. I was mainly wondering whether anyone gets good fat or weight loss results from other peptides without a GLP-1. For instance, can tesamorelin be run by itself or does it need to be paired with a GLP-1?

↳ replying to @GreyPebble34

Did you plan to regain those 5-6 lbs? Why stop the reta once you hit goal weight? Reaching the number does not always mean you have to discontinue the GLP-1. I just hit my goal and am keeping my current doses. With tesamorelin, many people add it once they are near goal, along with resistance training, while still using some or all of their GLP-1. This lets them eat more protein-focused food without losing scale weight but instead improving body composition by dropping fat and gaining muscle. What are your actual goals?

QuietSignal91archive1d
↳ replying to @GreyPebble34

Once I hit goal I intend to lower my reta dose to 1 mg. It offers health benefits beyond just weight loss.

GreyPebble34archive1d
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

My target was to reach 185 lbs and then stop the reta. I travel too often to stay on it long term. I am open to a maintenance dose like some others use, but I also wanted to test how well I can sustain the improved habits and stay close to goal weight on my own. Just experimenting.

PlainAlder11archive16h
↳ replying to @GreyPebble34

Keep in mind that stopping reta may mean it never works the same way again, based on what I have read.

BrightSparrow36archive16h
↳ replying to @GreyPebble34

All the GLP-1s have health benefits separate from weight loss. It seems strange that some people resist a weekly shot that improves several measurable health markers and is simpler and more effective than taking a daily vitamin.

WarmLantern16archive16h
↳ replying to @GreyPebble34

You could use tesamorelin by itself, but I do not see the point. It requires daily injections, was mainly approved for HIV patients, and has more documented side effects than a GLP-1. Most people who run it do so on top of a GLP-1 because the GLP-1 is stronger and better studied.

SharpCinder28archive16h

Never leave the cult. For the reta users who plan to stop, we have info on using 1 mg of reta every two weeks.

PlainAlder11archive15h
↳ replying to @SharpCinder28

I like that idea. I was on 8 mg for maintenance and am moving down to 6 mg today. My weight dropped a bit since last Friday even though I ate more than usual, including a pot pie, and drank quite a bit of beer.

GreenPebble13archive12h
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

If 8 mg is already your maintenance level, what do you expect 6 mg to accomplish? Do you change doses often during the month?

LevelTimber64archive11h
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

That mindset is odd to me as well. A lot of people seem focused on finding tricks to lose the weight and then just powering through to keep it off afterward.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.