Forum β€Ί Injection Technique

What gauge syringe do you use for peptides?

32 replies23 peopleOct 4, 2026β˜† Follow
Summary

What gauge insulin syringes or pen needles work best for peptide injections and why?

Users report success with 29g to 32g needles, with most settling on 31g 8mm or 32g pen tips. Thinner needles bend more easily when hitting vial stoppers but cause less discomfort if sharp; larger ones draw faster. Bending happens mainly on dense stoppers or repeated use, and people often straighten or replace them. Preferences vary by dose volume, eyesight, and whether using pens versus syringes.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether 31g or 32g feels noticeably different in comfort or ease of use, and whether bending ruined doses or required discarding.

Still open

Best needle length and whether a syringe guide prevents bending.

Nothing here is advice.

32 replies Β· 23 people
SteadyMeadow42archiveopening post2d

I prefer 29 gauge because they hold up better than the thinner 31 gauge ones. What gauge do you prefer and why?

CopperAlder51archive2d

My go-to syringes are the 31 gauge ones measuring 8mm with half-milliliter capacity. I always press right against the plunger end without any angle. Over nearly two years that approach has left me with just two bent needles.

AmberCinder18archive2d

The 32ga pen tips I prefer have not bent on me at all.

LevelTimber64archive2d

I pin with 31g 8mm insulin syringes. I recon with 25g needles and 3ml syringes.

WarmMeadow92archive2d
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

I stick to thirty one gauge needles that measure eight millimeters long but grab different syringe sizes like point three point five or one milliliter ones based on the amount I'm injecting and my aging vision. It still puzzles me why I skip grabbing readers for the job. When the unit count looks odd like eight the markings stand out better on the lower capacity option. I also haven't had a bent needle for ages now since I always aim straight for the ideal spot.

These days I stick with the smaller 0.3 milliliter ones that are 31 gauge mostly. But when doing my NAD plus shots of fifty units I go for the one milliliter size in 29 gauge because drawing the liquid goes quicker and smoother that way. From experience I've figured out it's not the size that makes it painful but when they're not sharp anymore. So for my next purchase I'm thinking of getting either the 29 or 30 gauge versions.

IronFenwick84archive2d

Daily I rely on thirty two gauge needles measuring six millimeters for the pens in my peptide combination. There's also a supply of thirty three gauge versions at six millimeters but they seem identical during application. Previously the weekly medication injection involved thirty one gauge six millimeter syringes holding zero point three milliliters. After raising the dose I moved to one milliliter versions of the thirty one gauge six millimeter syringes. Injecting feels noticeably different with pens versus separate syringes so it's fortunate the latter happens weekly.

↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Yeah I'm going with the thirty one gauge eight millimeter half milliliter ones here too doing one milliliter on the glps and figure I'll twist a pair before the month wraps up 😳 😎 πŸ‘

IronFenwick84archive2d
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

Bending syringes is something I've never done before. Does the dose get wasted in that case?

↳ replying to @IronFenwick84

Usually I curve the needle first before pulling up the liquid. Those lab-quality sealed bottles I've put the filtered material into feature really thick closures. With a fine 31 gauge needle it sometimes just collapses and fails to pierce through at all. πŸ™

LevelTimber64archive2d
↳ replying to @IronFenwick84

I moved the material over to a fresh unused container and took my doses out of that one.

PlainAlder11archive1d
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Yeah I got the five tenths and full ones as well and they match in how sharp they are from my view. The point three size really appeals to me so I tried it Friday with the six milligram injection. I may start blending to allow an eight milligram amount in the point three size. They feel quite sharp.

I stick with the short thirty two gauge five millimeter needles that have the rounded end these days. That's become my only choice. Though I do reuse the leftover stuff in the cartridges sometimes by drawing it out with point three milliliter thirty one gauge six millimeter needles. Perhaps just a couple times each month. With quality branded needles I figure there's no incorrect method really. I like using the automatic pens from those two makers but since I've only got five it restricts how many different mixtures I can manage simultaneously. So I should get a few extra pens.

I often find myself twisting these slim short needles out of shape, despite having my reading glasses on, but it hasn't caused me trouble so far. I typically straighten them out again inside the vial's rubber top before drawing, and proceed. Mixing around three different compounds into a single injection device could be contributing to this happening.

I am just like most others, 31g 8mm needles, work just fine...

↳ replying to @CopperSignal27

Sometimes I admit to jamming a bent needle in place even though it's twisted. It gets the substance in every time, yet my mind races to pictures of that needle snapping inside, paramedics rushing over, reporters showing up, and then logging back on to see everyone talking about the mess I caused. That's exactly the crazy thought that pops into my head and makes me laugh.

SlowThistle41archive1d

I've been using thirty one gauge eight millimeter insulin syringes for my shots. A couple times the points ended up crooked when aiming straight for the middle area. Figuring out the precise spot can be tricky now and then.

WarmLantern16archive1d

The thirty one gauge ones that fit my pens work nicely for me. Pens have that extra appeal since there's never any concern over them getting bent out of shape. I've also seen how the slimmest needles for syringes lose sharpness fast just from piercing the bottle.

PlainAlder11archive1d
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Also, targeting the exact middle spot is key. A few got bent during the past nine months. Another observation is that inserting more than two times into the container makes them lose sharpness, so extra pressure is needed to pierce. By the way, which three substances are combined, and does the thirty-one gauge lose edge after drawing from three containers? The slender versions are quite fine, and both half and one milliliter sizes feel identical to the alternatives.

↳ replying to @SteadyMeadow42 (opening post)

I normally choose the thirty one gauge five sixteenths size since they cost the least. When injecting into my right hand though I switch to the thirty two gauge quarter inch kind even though they run higher in price and need more time to draw up.

GreyLedger42archive1d

For doses smaller than thirty units I stick with the thirty-two gauge four millimeter needles. Anything bigger than that gets the thirty-one gauge four millimeter ones instead. When the supply of the finer ones is gone I'll move everything over to the thicker size, though I plan on trying six millimeter lengths going forward. Refillable pens handle all fifteen of my peptides.

I mix with 3cc luer-lock barrels fitted to 25-gauge one-inch needles. When measuring doses I switch to u-100 insulin syringes that have 31-gauge needles five-sixteenths of an inch long. A small alignment tool is also on order to keep the barrel perpendicular as it pierces the stopper and thereby reduce the chance of bending those fine needles. It has not arrived yet so I have no experience with how useful it turns out to be.

↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Hey fellow users of this medication, let me know if I'm off base.

↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

I have also twisted those items. However it seems repeated flexing in opposite directions is required before they snap. There's this person from a different discussion board who believes he snapped one because now he triggers security scanners whenever flying. I'm serious about that.

WarmSparrow60archive1d

For my testosterone shots I go with the 27 gauge five eighths length straight into the glute. The mots c plus nad plus combo I handle with a 29 gauge half inch also in the glute. All the remaining items I do using the 30 gauge five sixteenths right in the stomach.

QuietAlder25archive1d

I prefer thirty gauge half-inch needles when injecting. Reconstituting gets done with twenty-seven gauge half-inch ones instead. Those larger bore needles cut down on the time needed to mix solutions, particularly when dealing with bigger volumes like five milliliters for certain compounds. Occasionally a needle gets bent during use. In that case I straighten it out again, clean the area with an alcohol wipe, and proceed to use it. I've never discarded a needle prior to attempting an injection with it.

PlainAnchor67archive1d

Have tried sizes 27, 29, 30 plus 31 now. Only detected a small variation from the 27. The three bigger ones all register the same way. Really can't detect their presence much. Those 31 feel overly bendable compared to what I prefer. Went with the 30 in the end. Normally I pick 25 when working with oils.

PlainAlder11archive1d
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

Seems like an improvement over what a pretentious poster named it in the discussion. I blocked him for that reason.

PlainAlder11archive1d

I rely on budget-friendly three and five milliliter locking syringes for mixing and cleaning my solutions. The needles I pair with them are twenty-three gauge, either one inch or one and a half inches long. I also own some one milliliter locking syringes equipped with twenty-seven gauge tips. Quality filters are part of my setup too. When injecting, I choose volumes of point three, point five, or one milliliter based on the amount required.

RustAlder36archive21h

For mixing solutions and moving them into cartridges I rely on 27 gauge 1.5 inch Luer needles together with one and three milliliter syringes. Subcutaneous peptide shots are done only with 32 gauge four millimeter pen needles, though my spouse experiments with several alternatives especially when handling GHK-Cu. Intramuscular testosterone gets 29 gauge half inch pen needles instead. Because our pen supply ran dry we switched to insulin syringes for the tirzepatide doses at present.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply β€” it takes a minute.