Forum › Mind & Motivation

Anhedonia and side effects while dosing tirzepatide or retatrutide

102 replies23 peopleOct 12, 2025☆ Follow
102 replies · 23 people · page 3 of 3
SlowAnchor55archiveSep 2

Things I used to enjoy now just feel like work. Been taking 5 mg tirzepatide for a full year. It has improved plenty of other issues besides the weight, so I figure I will just deal with this side effect.

SteadyLedger49archiveSep 2

Over two years on triz and at least six months on reta, with 240 pounds gone. The anhedonia shows up and fades at times. It first hit at work where everything felt dull. What ended up helping was microdosing psilocybin, LSD or MDMA in gummy form. Those substances made a difference for me personally. This is only my own experience and not meant as guidance of any sort. Everyone should look into things on their own.

BrightMeadow15archiveSep 29
↳ replying to @AmberMarble84

Trying to tackle the anhedonia again. Vitamin D came back very low, which happens every year around this time. Where I live, same latitude as Boston, there is basically no UVB from November into early April so the body stops making it. When I was testing tirz earlier I stayed at half the dose for two months without much weight change because I was cautious about going higher. NAD+ made a noticeable improvement. I will keep moving around more to see if that counters it. The sublingual D plus K version helped quite a bit so I am sticking with that. At some point I might look into getting extra support from a compounding place instead of handling everything solo. Coverage for Zepbound through insurance can vary a lot.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.