Forum › Dosing & Titration

NAD+ SubQ Injections: Dosing and Managing the Burn

32 replies18 peopleAug 3, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How do people handle the burning from NAD+ subq shots when titrating up from low doses like 25-80 mg toward 100 mg or more?

Users report starting at 25 mg daily for a week to acclimate, then increasing gradually. Higher concentrations like 500 mg per 5 ml reduce volume and sting for some, while switching injection sites to the thigh and injecting slowly with finer needles helps others. Buffered NAD+ mixed with NaCl BAC water is described as less irritating than standard BAC. Several note they become accustomed over time and still feel systemic effects like a rush even when the local burn fades.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether 100 mg daily is sustainable long-term or if lower maintenance like 25-50 mg several times weekly is preferable once initial loading ends

Still open

The minimum effective ongoing dose after the mitochondrial repair protocol and whether everyone eventually stops feeling the burn

Nothing here is advice.

32 replies · 18 people
GreyLedger42archiveopening postAug 3

I'm increasing my NAD+ shots step by step. The usual plan calls for 100-300 mg daily at first, then fewer times a week. Right now I'm at 80 mg and it stings badly. Anyone else running subq NAD+ at similar amounts, how do you handle the burn or make it less intense? My mix is 100 mg per ml. In a few days I'll move to 100 units and later 200 units at that strength. One place online suggested adding a bit of lidocaine.

KeenFenwick81archiveAug 3

With a 100 mg per ml mix, 80 units would actually be 80 mg, not micrograms. Most start around 5 mg then move to 25 mg. Jumping straight to 80 mg would probably sting a lot.

SharpLedger58archiveAug 3

I've used it long enough that I've gotten used to it. I mix at 500 mg per ml and inject 20-22 units. The sting is barely noticeable now. Anything over about 110 mg in one day I split with an hour between shots.

AmberCinder46archiveAug 3

Start with 25 mg for the first week to adjust, then begin the loading phase. I keep mine at 100 mg per ml and just push it in slowly.

NorthWillow72archiveAug 3
↳ replying to @GreyLedger42 (opening post)

Remember mcg versus mg. For the burn I just added more BAC water. I ran 100 mg daily Monday through Friday for six weeks with weekends off. My mix was 500 mg in 5 ml so each shot was 1 ml.

AmberLedger89archiveAug 3

Starting today at 25 mg to check my reaction. I had a 150 mg shot at a clinic before with no problem, but this is my first time doing it myself and it's been a while.

IronHarbour22archiveAug 3
↳ replying to @AmberLedger89

I did 25 mg daily for a week then dropped to three or four times a week. When I tried 50 mg I got some flushing and warmth in the face so I went back down. It's one of the few things I noticed on the first day.

SteadyLedger49archiveAug 3

At first it burned for me too. Moving to the thigh helped. Now I can do 115 units without thinking about it. It should get easier with time.

ClearBeacon24archiveAug 3
↳ replying to @SteadyLedger49

Are you using two separate syringes for the 100 units plus 15 units? That dose seems unusual.

SteadyLedger49archiveAug 3
↳ replying to @ClearBeacon24

It's the most that fits in a 1 ml syringe.

PatientTimber12archiveAug 3

Is your NAD+ the buffered kind? I mix a 500 mg vial of buffered NAD+ with NaCl BAC and it doesn't burn for me at all. Results vary though.

CopperSignal91archiveAug 3

I'm at 50 mg now with a 166 mg per ml mix. It's a little spicy but switching to half-inch needles and going a bit deeper made it less noticeable.

ClearBeacon24archiveAug 3
↳ replying to @SteadyLedger49

I understand the syringe limit, but why that particular total amount?

SteadyLedger54archiveAug 4

Talking only in units without the concentration is unclear. I'm following the 14-week protocol, starting at 25 mg then 50 mg then 100 mg. I began with 500 mg in 10 ml so 50 units was 25 mg. Now I use 500 mg in 5 ml so 100 units is 100 mg. Only using units without knowing the mix ratio gets confusing.

PatientTimber12archiveAug 4

I'm also on the mito protocol and just finished week two of SS-31. My NAD+ is mixed at 200 mg per ml, so 2.5 ml BAC for a 500 mg vial. Twice a week I take 50 units for 100 mg total.

SteadyLedger49archiveAug 4
↳ replying to @ClearBeacon24

Those are the syringes I have and the strength I mixed. For the next vial I'll make it twice as strong so I can inject 150 mg in less volume.

NorthAnchor41archiveAug 4

I also mix at 200 mg per ml to keep shots at 50 units. There's a little burn that fades quickly. How much it stings varies a lot between people.

AmberSignal33archiveAug 6
↳ replying to @GreyLedger42 (opening post)

Subq NAD+ doses are usually 50-100 mg. Everyone reacts differently. I didn't feel burning at 50-75 mg but did get a head rush. When I gave someone 100 mg they said it burned so we dropped back to 75 mg. Find the lowest effective amount that works for you.

GreyLedger42archiveAug 6
↳ replying to @KeenFenwick81

Yes it's 80 mg. The suggested range is 100-300 mg. I began lower and have been increasing.

GreyLedger42archiveAug 6
↳ replying to @SharpLedger58

So you just got used to the feeling over time?

GreyLedger42archiveAug 6
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

Right, I meant 80 mg and I'm increasing from there. It stays very spicy though.

GreyLedger42archiveAug 6
↳ replying to @SteadyLedger49

Tried the thigh this morning and it was noticeably better than the abdomen. I've been rotating sites but might stick to just left and right thighs from now on.

GreyLedger42archiveAug 6
↳ replying to @PatientTimber12

Where did you get the NaCl BAC water? That could explain the difference. My NAD+ is pure but mixed with regular BAC.

SharpLedger58archiveAug 6
↳ replying to @GreyLedger42

It does seem that way. I take 100 mg in 20 units and hardly feel anything at the site anymore, though I still get the rush. All the product I've used has been buffered.

GreyLedger42archiveAug 7

Update: today I went to 120 mg. I switched from refillable pens with 32 g needles to a 1 ml syringe with a 31 g needle and moved from abdomen to thigh. It's still a bit spicy but now tolerable. The pen was convenient but I couldn't control the speed as well; the syringe lets me click one unit at a time which also helped.

ClearBeacon24archiveAug 7
↳ replying to @GreyLedger42

I've been getting mine from a site that sells various solutions.

BrightSignal40archiveAug 9
↳ replying to @SharpLedger58

I've been running 100 mg in 20 units along with MOTS-c and 5-amino-1mq. A couple of itchy spots appear, maybe because it's straight from the fridge. The combination has worked well for energy and workouts.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 9
↳ replying to @ClearBeacon24

One lab has carried the NaCl version of the BAC water.

GreyThistle97archiveAug 20

Is the product listed as Pink H Mixing Base the NaCl version?

BlueWillow20archiveAug 26
↳ replying to @PatientTimber12

So you're only doing two shots a week of 50 units at that concentration? Same mix as me but I've been doing 25 units daily.

PatientTimber12archiveAug 26
↳ replying to @BlueWillow20

Correct. NAD+ is twice weekly at 50 units each.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.