Forum › Results & Progress

Unexpected Everyday Benefits After Losing Weight

50 replies40 peopleOct 1, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What random everyday tasks become surprisingly easier after losing weight?

Users describe a range of small mobility and comfort gains that appear gradually once weight drops, from bending to tie shoes or pick up dropped items to crossing legs comfortably or rolling over in bed. Sexual activity is mentioned repeatedly as more enjoyable and frequent, alongside reduced foot pain, better balance when carrying loads, and the ability to wear narrower shoes. Some also note non-physical shifts like greater confidence in social situations.

What this discussion establishes

Nothing here is advice.

50 replies · 40 people · page 1 of 2
BrightLedger85archiveopening postOct 1

I'm only a short way into this journey so far. The main change I've spotted is that my outfits now sit and feel nicer on me. This makes me think about what other small surprises might appear, things I no longer recall being simple before. For instance, rising from the sofa now takes extra thought ahead of time. And when I'm kneeling down, standing again turns into a whole production. It could be from the extra pounds or perhaps my age around forty with my frame sending signals to the boss. In any case, I'm interested in which ordinary daily tasks became simpler once the pounds started dropping.

CopperHarbour89archiveOct 1

It got absurdly straightforward to throw more cash at glp1 medications. Additionally, donning my socks no longer poses a challenge 🤭

ClearLantern70archiveOct 1

Intimacy feels amazing, footwear slips on easily, my view of myself stays upbeat, climbing steps avoids any dampness, and intimacy since I noted it before

SlowCinder44archiveOct 1

My heel inflammation cleared up out of nowhere in a totally unexpected way.

ClearAnchor21archiveOct 1

Being able to see my penis.

RustQuill94archiveOct 1

Fastening my footwear or folding legs while seated plus countless similar daily tasks.

GreyLantern71archiveOct 1

I trim the nails on my toes and the drying cloth stays wrapped around me once the shower finishes.

WarmAnchor55archiveOct 1

Being intimate turns awkward while climbing into the automobile. The midsection avoids brushing the wheel during drives. Flipping positions on the mattress. This pattern shows up constantly.

AmberMeadow80archiveOct 1

A bunch of yoga positions started feeling simpler for me, without any real boost in how bendy I am, just because fewer things were blocking the path.

AmberCinder18archiveOct 1

It catches you off guard sometimes. Not long ago I crossed a lot with my hands full when an item fell. Without much effort I adjusted my pace, bent over, grabbed it, and kept everything else steady. That moment felt surprising. Twelve months back I wondered how I'd manage basic chores like pulling my garbage bin up the incline to my house once my years and size got in the way. These days I handle it without a second thought. The other day I put in five hours on an outside task that would have wiped me out before. Now it's routine. These changes appear in small ways rather than major feats, through countless minor tasks becoming simpler.

SteadyTimber49archiveOct 1

When seated I enjoy crossing my legs since they now overlap smoothly and rest much better that way. Folding them underneath me while sitting has become possible once more. Dropping into a squat to handle tasks and rising back up feels effortless. It's wonderful. (45/f/down 85lbs)

GreyAlder96archiveOct 1

Now I can select regular width footwear. Looks like the fat buildup on my feet meant broader sizes would be required.

SteadySparrow75archiveOct 1

Around thirty days back while heading somewhere with my kid after leaving the aircraft I stopped to fasten my laces. Doing so used to mean taking a deep inhale first. Right then it struck me how long it had been since I could manage that motion without any strain.

RustLantern55archiveOct 1

When cutting the grass on my property using that large riding mower that turns on a dime, the children sometimes join me for the ride. To keep them secure I'd wrap a wide-belted waist pouch around the two of us tightly so even if they slipped they wouldn't fall. Back then I figured I'd soon require another one since it needed maximum extension for them but these days there's plenty of extra length left on it. Haha my countryside pouch.

PlainAlder11archiveOct 1

I'm pumping my load into the missus without worrying about its source.

CopperTimber28archiveOct 1

Surprisingly the biggest shift from dropping over thirty pounds isn't anything visible on the outside. Instead I've turned much more sociable and sure of myself, trying activities I used to skip entirely. I never expected weight loss to create that effect yet it has and everything feels fresh and exciting now.

ClearLantern70archiveOct 2
↳ replying to @WarmAnchor55

A pair of us in the group appear to have figured out what matters most.

SteadySparrow75archiveOct 2
↳ replying to @CopperTimber28

Hooray! So thrilled about your achievement. What a strong confirmation for you plus everyone else handling similar projects around GLPs. This has lifted my spirits! 👍 😎 ❤️

CopperCinder12archiveOct 2

Dealing with my backside after the toilet always triggers these muscle twitches and it cracks me up every time!!!

LevelHarbour53archiveOct 2

From my brief spell in the spotlight I was cooking meat outdoors amid 115-degree heat. On top of that 75 degrees leaves me shivering like I'm turning to ice. Someone raised in arid zones simply has zero tolerance for snow.

BlueFenwick71archiveOct 2

Being able to cross my legs when seated, stand up from the ground, go up steps, grab my suitcase, shove a loaded shopping trolley, sit with legs crossed on the ground, and even manage a push-up, ha.

CopperSignal27archiveOct 2

My feet were killing me back when I first began walking at that higher weight, even if it was just five minutes daily. I tried all sorts of fixes like trail shoes with extra cushion inserts. Then once the weight dropped past a threshold it disappeared completely, no matter the distance.

IronLantern24archiveOct 2

Shaving my legs has become way simpler these days.

ClearLedger33archiveOct 2

Definitely easier to spot that part of me, and it seems to have grown in size, which is good. I used to hear the rumor that every twenty pounds lost adds an inch, and it turns out I had several inches hidden away. Breathing is another one I didn't notice was tough before. Even a gentle slope or just leaning down used to demand crazy amounts of air. Air travel too, like using the restroom on a plane or fastening the belt. Looking back, pretty much everything in daily life feels simpler now.

ClearCinder54archiveOct 2

I don't need the heavy-duty ladder anymore. A regular one rated for one hundred fifty kilos works fine.

AmberMarble91archiveOct 2

This one hundred percent.

LevelTimber64archiveOct 2

Maybe I'm alone on this but sex for sure. People treat thinner folks better than heavier ones. They actually make eye contact with me now.

PlainAlder11archiveOct 2
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

That could depend on the top you have on.

PlainCompass54archiveOct 2

I was thinking of mentioning the same thing.

PlainCompass54archiveOct 2

Every time I swing one leg over the other it surprises me how simple it is now. No need to yank my knee into place anymore.

AmberMeadow80archiveOct 2
↳ replying to @PlainCompass54

It really is great! I've kept at it for about twenty years so it's awesome to get back into some positions that were off limits for a while.

PlainCompass54archiveOct 2
↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80

Now I can get into child's pose with my knees touching.

RustBeacon82archiveOct 2
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

Totally agree. It's pleasant heading to a buffet without folks staring to see how much the heavier girl piles on her plate. Working on the boat is different too since they weren't built for bigger people. On the flip side my car seats aren't as comfortable as I remembered because it was my backside giving the padding. Without that, longer drives feel rough so I might need a gel cushion.

SteadyMarble26archiveOct 2

The snoring was so loud my wife and kid could hear it from outside, though it never bothered me. Now I annoy them in other ways. Also not exactly easier but there's extra length down there and I have no idea how to manage it except around the wife, like coiling up a fire hose or that inflatable tube guy.

LevelThistle44archiveOct 2

Not exactly unexpected but getting back to high work after a long break feels good and straightforward. Part of it might be my headspace shifting over those twelve years since I last did that kind of production climbing. These days I get lifted up more than I climb from below. At one hundred eighty six pounds the rope climb is much simpler than at two hundred forty.

WarmSparrow60archiveOct 2

From two hundred eighty down to one hundred seventy I can enjoy roller coasters once more. Stand and tie my shoes. Squeeze out of the car in a narrow spot without bumping the next vehicle. Didn't snap any beach chairs this year even with the two hundred fifty pound rating. And I swim like Aquaman again.

SlowSignal37archiveOct 2
↳ replying to @RustBeacon82

I got frustrated with my eighteen year old thinking she kept messing with my car seat because I was sitting too low and had to raise it. Turned out my backside was what had been lifting me up.

LevelAlder29archiveOct 3
↳ replying to @PlainCompass54

I still huff a bit going up the one hundred four steps to my workspace but now I can handle forty eight at once before stopping and repeating that a few times is no issue. Also wiping is different now. With bigger cheeks there wasn't much room before so I had to fold the paper specially to keep it dry but now it's normal. Airplane or theater seats or any with armrests don't make me try to hide discomfort anymore. Sex is simpler and more enjoyable too. Still hoping for that other change though there haven't been many chances in my life so it will be exciting.

GreyFenwick31archiveOct 3
↳ replying to @ClearLedger33

Hold on, you actually grow after losing weight? How?

LevelTimber10archiveOct 3
↳ replying to @LevelTimber64

I get a b look wherever I go now after the loss, whereas before it was different. Usually I catch this funny shift from an excited hello face straight into a disappointed one. It used to be only the disappointed look.

ClearLedger33archiveOct 3
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick31

It didn't really grow so much as the area around it got smaller. Imagine a jack-in-the-box inside a huge box where you only see the head pop up. Put the same jack in a smaller box and you see the difference.

GreyAnchor47archiveOct 3

Carrying the groceries in, I'm stronger yet the bags seem smaller too.

GreenMarble65archive6d

My riding mower needs its tires inflated and ether for starting each time. With the collection bag, I pause multiple times to empty it. Before losing 40 pounds, trimming weeds and blowing leaves took all my energy. These days I have enough left to keep going afterward. Lol

KeenAnchor41archive6d

Stairs for sure. Not getting winded anymore is great. Plus I'm colder now. That weight used to keep me warm but I'm freezing these days.

AmberCinder18archive6d

Fellow Alabamian, you all realize the creator intended riding mowers for good reason, don't you?

GreenMarble65archive6d
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

I have an older riding mower. Once it quits working once more, I'll look into hiring someone to handle the yard instead of getting another mower.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.