Forum › Food & Appetite

Let's Talk About Saturation

30 replies20 peopleSep 20, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

how to break a long weight loss stall while stacking tirz and reta

Participants agree stalls after major loss are common and usually reflect calorie balance or adaptation rather than receptor saturation. Most advise raising the reta dose or adding a small amount of another glp-1 while keeping tirz, recalculating intake for the new lower weight, and avoiding breaks because interruptions often reduce later effectiveness. Several note that bodies fight rapid loss by lowering metabolism and increasing hunger signals, so consistent dosing plus tighter tracking works better than cycling.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

whether to keep stacking and titrate up versus dropping tirz temporarily or taking a short holiday to restore response

Still open

what exact dose increase or stack change will finally restart loss for this individual

Nothing here is advice.

30 replies · 20 people
BrightThistle70archiveopening postSep 20

I stalled about four months into tirz after dropping seventy pounds. I was already at twelve point five milligrams and added reta, working up to four milligrams while staying on the same tirz dose, yet the scale stayed flat. Some people say to stop tirz immediately and run reta alone for three or four weeks to clear everything and reset, because they think I'm oversaturated. Others say to keep both and just keep raising the reta. Going higher always seems to be the default answer. I have no side effects from either drug, so I'm not worried about increasing, but it feels pointless if the receptors are already maxed out. I still have another hundred pounds to go and the stall has lasted forty-five days. I haven't been eating extra calories, but sciatica has kept me from moving much.

SharpCinder28archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightThistle70 (opening post)

Time off isn't the real problem. I've been on some dose of tirz or reta for a long time now. I reached my goal and want a break because my tolerance is very high. I can handle more than the usual maximum of both at once. I'm not worried about regaining because I do bulk and cut cycles, but I really want to reset. Personally I would just keep raising the reta. If money isn't an issue maybe look into other options too.

ClearLantern70archiveSep 20

I agree with adding more reta while keeping the tirz. Also check your diet. Are you eating at maintenance level now?

AmberCinder46archiveSep 20

Stalls happen during the process. Your body gets used to the peptides so you have to adjust calories to your new weight and watch other factors too. Most of my own stalls came from not tracking nutrition closely enough. When food noise returns I raise one dose or the other.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightThistle70 (opening post)

Losing four pounds a week for seventeen weeks then stopping suddenly doesn't add up. The rate probably changed gradually. What was your starting weight? The straightforward explanation is that calories in now match calories out. Reta can raise resting metabolism a little, which might help. If you were truly in a deficit for forty-five days you would lose weight. It's unlikely water weight has perfectly offset fat loss for six weeks. Stopping tirz while staying on reta won't fix supposed receptor saturation because reta hits the same receptors. That whole idea doesn't hold up. Since your current dose is less effective and you have no bad effects, the next step is to increase it.

PatientBeacon15archiveSep 20

I used to think my glp-1 receptors were oversaturated too, but that doesn't seem possible. They don't behave like insulin receptors and keep responding to tirz. At some point the body apparently decides it hasn't gotten enough calories and partially overrides the appetite signals. I'm not sure how, but the brain is trying to stop starvation. You might need to wait for reta's appetite effects to appear while still getting its fat-burning benefits, even if loss is slower without strong hunger suppression.

CopperPebble16archiveSep 20

What research? Resetting receptors isn't a thing with these drugs. In fact, stopping and restarting often seems to make them less effective long term compared with steady use. The break might let the body strengthen its defenses against weight loss. The protocols that actually work are the ones developed and tested in large trials. No data shows reduced effectiveness or rebound when the same dose is kept for years. The standard approach is to start low, wait four weeks or until progress stops, then move up, repeating until goal weight, then stay there or drop one level for maintenance. Only after reaching the top dose without hitting target would you look at other options. Everything else is just guessing.

AmberCinder18archiveSep 20

There is zero research showing oversaturation is real rather than just made-up ideas. You shouldn't base decisions on being some kind of exception. After a big loss your body will fight hard because it thinks famine has arrived. I agree with raising the dose and making sure calories and activity match your new weight. I'm in a stall too after fifty-five pounds and still have more to go. I'm trying to be patient and may add something else before trying reta.

SharpLedger72archiveSep 20

Another idea is to take a break by lowering tirz and doing two-week holidays. Eat a bit more but avoid binges. The goal is to show your body that hard times are over so metabolism rises again. I do this regularly instead of waiting for a stall.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 20

Use a tracking app set to sedentary and don't eat back exercise calories. Right now you aren't in a deficit. If staying in a deficit feels miserable, raise the dose. The meds make the deficit easier to handle but won't create loss without one. Don't cycle them; that isn't how they work.

BrightThistle70archiveSep 20

Thanks everyone for the input. It looks like stopping tirz and staying on four milligrams of reta then going to six next week might actually hurt progress. Maybe moving to fifteen milligrams of tirz plus four of reta is better for keeping appetite control while adding reta's third receptor effect. Or not?

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightThistle70

For what it's worth I added a small amount of sema because it is the strongest pure hunger suppressor. Look into other options too. Also get your calorie deficit sorted so you know exactly what to eat.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

I tried a vial of sema. It worked but gave me the worst sides I've had, though still milder than average and manageable. After reaching my first goal I experimented with lower reta doses and quality-of-life changes, then got serious again about the last twenty pounds. I swapped point two five milligrams of sema for two point five of tirz, brought reta back to twenty milligrams a week, and added another agent at one milligram weekly. Quality of life stayed decent and weight loss is close to my earlier projection. I'm glad I tried sema but don't plan to keep using it.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightThistle70

Increase the dose to keep efficacy as long as sides stay tolerable. You have no sides so there's no clearly wrong move. I would push reta higher, but overall it probably doesn't matter much. You still have distance to go.

LevelAlder29archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

This is exactly right. Dropping almost twenty pounds a month for four months is huge, but bodies aren't machines and need time to adjust after big losses. Even after liposuction people often hold water temporarily. The overall downward trend is what counts, not daily numbers. You may need to recalculate your new basal metabolic rate after losing seventy pounds. Since pain limits exercise, raising meds to reach the needed deficit is probably smartest. I also wouldn't lower doses until goal because these drugs don't reset after a break; many people who stop and restart have to go higher to feel effects again.

SteadyMeadow73archiveSep 20

I'm not convinced about oversaturation. The longer I've been on tirz and the cleaner I've eaten, the stronger the effect seems. I was supposed to inject Friday but still have no appetite, so I'll do three milligrams today instead of four. So far I've only had five eggs, three bacon slices, and coffee. That's under six hundred calories, so I'll need more protein later. I take a full multivitamin, fish oil, and magnesium to cover nutrition. Three milligrams might become my new dose. If desensitization were happening I should be immune by now, but I think people who keep eating junk have the hardest time because it doesn't fix underlying metabolic issues.

GreyHarbour88archiveSep 20

I also stalled on high-dose tirz. I added reta, slowly lowered tirz, and raised reta. That ended the plateau and I'm now working on the last fifteen to twenty pounds, which is slower. If I were you I'd aim for a slower pace. Losing too fast carries risks. Try to stay between half a percent and two percent of current weight per week for safety.

QuietThistle70archiveSep 20

Do you keep any food diary? After six weeks at the same weight it will show your new basal metabolic rate. Are you eating more now than at the start? Your metabolism is probably lower. Limited activity is a real problem because exercise not only burns calories but helps maintain metabolism and muscle. Try to find some movement you can do, like swimming. Losing quickly without exercise isn't ideal. I don't have experience above ten milligrams of tirz. I'd be cautious about trying to match your earlier fast rate without being able to exercise, because it can lower metabolism further.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @GreyHarbour88

Two percent is extremely fast and risky.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

My loss was odd. I dropped a lot in the first thirty days with big diet and activity changes, then it slowed. The first month averaged over two point five percent a week. After that it quickly settled to about one point five pounds weekly. It worried me a little at the time.

GreenKettle64archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

This is the right information in my opinion.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

Fair point. The initial water weight drop is an exception. Sustained two percent loss is where it becomes extreme.

WarmMeadow92archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightThistle70 (opening post)

No, research doesn't say that. That's really not a thing. Yes, this is the way.

PatientPebble79archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @SharpLedger72

This approach works for me. I drop to half dose to keep some in the system. It's enough to avoid binges or constant food thoughts, though I watch for creeping interest in sweets. After a couple of weeks I go back to my usual two milligrams tirz plus two of reta. I like the lower dose feeling and when I return I still feel good with no sides. For maintenance I plan to use one milligram of each, adjusting as needed. We're all different; this is what works for me.

IronKettle44archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

I'm really wondering about the speed at which you observed sema results, even with the stacking involved.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 20
↳ replying to @IronKettle44

Point one three milligrams, and the next day. My reason for using lower doses of each was to avoid sides while still getting good weight loss and other benefits. I wanted a bit more hunger reduction and thought microdose sema would give that. It has. I've been comfortable throughout, now in month nine. I never wanted to dose high enough to feel sick at the thought of food. I just wanted to eat when it was time, eat an appropriate amount, and not obsess over food or volume eating.

LevelThistle44archiveSep 21
↳ replying to @IronKettle44

No, it was mild compared with most people but still the worst I've had on a mostly side-effect-free journey. My first dose was point two five milligrams expecting twice-weekly use. That turned out too much so I delayed the next reta dose to let it fade, then dropped to point one two five milligrams twice a week. I tried point one eight seven five a couple times but went back to point one two five. Nineteen shots total. It gave mild malaise and a stronger gag reflex that sometimes led to vomiting. Nothing extreme, but nothing I miss, and the benefits can be matched with other options that have fewer sides.

CopperSignal27archiveSep 21

This image shows that tolerance to the weight-loss effects of glp drugs doesn't really occur. At a steady tirz dose weight stayed flat for three years. If tolerance were happening the line would trend up. Receptor saturation could happen at a dose where receptors are fully occupied and further increases wouldn't add effect, but that point is higher than fifteen milligrams for most people and is different from tolerance. How these receptors actually work isn't fully understood and differs from most other receptors where high doses cause tolerance. Even at twelve point five of tirz and four of reta you are unlikely to be at the point where higher doses add nothing.

IronKettle44archiveSep 21
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

It's good to know that if needed I could always add a kit and stack, maybe point one three milligrams a week. Right now six milligrams of tirz, down from nine, feels like the right level for me. Thank you.

IronKettle44archiveSep 21
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Yeah, it could easily spiral into bigger problems from there. Really appreciate the response a second time.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.