Forum › Results & Progress

When did people who stack tirz and reta start to stack them in your weight loss journey?

32 replies19 peopleSep 8, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

When in a weight loss journey do users typically begin stacking tirzepatide with retatrutide and what results or regrets do they report?

Users describe starting the stack at various points, often midway through tirz use when progress slowed or they wanted more appetite control, or right away once both became available. Most report similar or slightly improved weight loss rates with the combination, using it to explore maintenance options, though some note added side effects like higher heart rate or sleep disruption from reta. A few prefer staying on single agents or low doses to avoid receptor saturation concerns.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether stacking produces meaningfully better outcomes than optimized single-drug use or simply increases side-effect risk.

Still open

Ideal long-term maintenance doses and whether receptor saturation becomes an issue with prolonged multi-GLP use.

Nothing here is advice.

32 replies · 19 people
LevelHarbour53archiveopening postSep 8

For anyone who has combined tirz with reta, at what stage in your progress did you begin the combination? Anything you wish you had known ahead of time? Would you have preferred to start sooner? I am considering moving away from tirzepatide because it seems to be keeping me awake. I have only done five shots so far and reached 5 mg a couple days ago. The food noise reduction has been very noticeable though.

IronHarbour22archiveSep 9

I have been on reta for roughly twenty weeks. The pace of loss stayed steady and I never hit a stall, but I added a couple single doses of tirz at the mid-week mark just to test the effect. Strictly for research, of course. Six milligrams of reta plus one point five of tirz. Now two days a week I can hardly eat instead of one, and that is basically the only change. I did not need to add tirz, I was simply curious by nature. The monthly loss rate stayed about the same after adding it. I also have a single of elora on the way and plan to swap out the tirz for that in a couple weeks to compare how each feels and which gives better suppression at what dose. Once I reach goal there is a chance I will try a tirz-elora pair as well. Most of my interest is figuring out what might work for maintenance, since I am getting close to goal.

IronKettle95archiveSep 9

About halfway through my journey. I was already at 7.5 mg tirz and did not want to increase further, so I added a weekly reta booster shot mid-week. Lately I have also added some cagri. I am now nearing goal. Friday tirz 7.5 mg, Tuesday reta 4 mg, Wednesday cagri 1 mg. These amounts do not feel excessive to me. I have had zero side effects from any of the peptides.

CopperPebble16archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @LevelHarbour53 (opening post)

Reta tends to raise resting heart rate and disturb sleep in a fair number of people, partly because the glucagon action increases stress hormone output. Insomnia is almost never mentioned with tirz, and there is no reason to expect that adding reta would reduce it; the opposite is more likely. Mixing GLPs at random to get results that fall short of what the trials achieved with steady single-drug use has become a hobby for some, so go ahead if you like. Perhaps a sema-tirz-reta-cagri-elora mix plus growth hormone will eventually match what reliable tirz alone already delivers.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 9

I was using 5 mg tirz twice a week and it worked well for me. I had acquired a fair amount of reta and wanted to try it. I am getting closer to maintenance, and reta's milder suppression plus its effect on visceral fat seemed like a good fit, so I decided to combine them. Now I take 5 mg tirz and 4 mg reta. I like using both and can adjust the mix if needed.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @CopperPebble16

They work, whether together or separately. If it is a sport, fine. I have cagri and sema on hand too, but aside from maybe trying them together one day out of curiosity, my maintenance plan is just some combination of tirz and reta.

AmberWillow13archiveSep 9
↳ replying to @IronKettle95

May I ask why you chose not to go higher on tirz? I am currently at 7.5 mg.

AmberCinder46archiveSep 9

My most direct answer to the original question is: as soon as I obtained both.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 9

I began tirz at the end of January this year and added reta at the end of March. I was on 5 mg tirz when I started the stack. I am down about seventy-five pounds since February 15 when I began tracking. Currently I use 3 mg reta, 9 mg tirz, and 0.13 mg sema, because why not.

GreyAlder96archiveSep 9

I started with reta because that was what everyone was discussing. Once higher doses began to wreck my sleep and give me that odd skin sensation, I added some sema. It worked well.

BrightThistle70archiveSep 9

I have hit a wall. Started tirz on May 7 at 388 pounds and titrated normally. I am now at 318 pounds on 12.5 mg tirz and have barely lost anything in the last forty-five days. Severe sciatica stopped my workouts and has nearly crippled me. I began ARA290 and the sciatica improved over the past three weeks. I finish the twenty-eight-day cycle this coming Monday. I also started reta at 2.5 mg three weeks ago along with the ARA290 and still have not lost weight, though I have not gained either. Being sedentary has stopped my progress. I am thinking of lowering tirz to 5 mg and raising reta to 5 mg over the next few weeks, then staying at that balance to keep hunger down while still getting the third receptor effect from reta. If it works I will keep that schedule and return to exercise once the nerve pain allows.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 9

Use the loseit app, set it to sedentary, and do not eat back exercise calories. It is possible to out-eat these meds. If appetite is not suppressed I would not lower tirz, I would just raise reta. What is your current dosing schedule? If you are not already doing so, dose every three days and alternate the two. Still, calories have to come down.

IronKettle95archiveSep 9

The previous poster is right about everything. I also would not lower tirz. Hopefully raising reta to 4 or 5 mg will get things moving again. Good luck.

PatientAlder45archiveSep 10

I would like to hear others' experiences too. I am on 3 mg reta weekly, split into two doses, and am thinking that at my next increase I might stay at 3 mg reta but add 2.5 mg tirz for extra appetite control.

QuietCinder50archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @PatientAlder45

Near the end of my diet, after losing sixty kilograms, I added tirz because reta alone was no longer giving enough appetite suppression. Worth trying.

ClearSignal10archiveSep 12
↳ replying to @PatientAlder45

Interesting. I just moved from 2 mg to 3 mg reta and previously had good appetite control, but today I feel like I could eat a lot and still not feel full.

GreyFenwick31archiveSep 12

Currently I'm using four milligrams of tirz, and I began one milligram of reta just now. The motivation comes from being past menopause and hoping this might restart some processes. Up to this point tirz has worked well for me with reduced appetite and less swelling, though I wondered about additional effects from reta.

BlueAlder28archiveSep 12

I had already lost eighteen percent of my body weight on tirz up to 10 mg every six days and was a strong responder, dropping ten pounds a month for four months. As I neared that eighteen percent mark the rate slowed, which matches the published graphs. I did not want to raise tirz further because of side effects like allodynia and tinnitus, so I added reta 1 mg every six days and cagri 0.5 mg every six days, staggered every two days. After two months I raised them to 2 mg and 1 mg, then a month later to 4 mg and 2 mg, and finally reta 6 mg every six days with cagri 3 mg every six days. I also eventually raised tirz to 12 mg and then 15 mg. Side effects seem to lessen over time, allowing titration while keeping them manageable. The plateau has eased; I have lost another twenty pounds in the four months since starting the stack, another fifteen percent, for a total of twenty-seven percent lost. It feels slow until I look at the weekly numbers. I have never heard of tirz causing insomnia, but it is common with reta and I experience it myself, waking every two hours like clockwork, which lines up with REM cycles. I use an APAP and it helps.

GreyFenwick31archiveSep 15

That sounds like a sensible plan. I have read about many people stacking, but last night I started reading about possible receptor saturation. I do not want to do anything that might reduce how well these meds work, and I am not a doctor, but I enjoy researching so I will keep reading the mechanisms. Today I plan to look for any clinical data on split dosing, because I was doing tirz on Monday and added 1 mg reta on Friday. I have read that four days is the soonest one should redose, but I still have more to learn if I can find the studies.

GreyFenwick31archiveSep 15

Out of curiosity, does your doctor know about your protocol and what did they say?

LevelAnchor55archiveSep 15

At 4 mg they were minimal, at 3 mg they were zero.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @LevelAnchor55

My own take is that testing three point five or four would suit me during the week after this.

LevelAnchor55archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

I wanted to find a maintenance dose, but I think 3 mg is still too low.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @LevelAnchor55

Maintenance is relative. Everyone responds differently. I take 15 mg tirz but may adjust later. Whatever keeps you from losing or gaining is a good target. Super responders may need much less. It is not one size fits all. In the summit trials they maintained at the final 15 mg dose, so here I am sixteen months later still maintaining fine.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @LevelAnchor55

If it were me I would just experiment on my own. What works for one person may not suit another. If your goal is holding a target weight, see whether 3.5 mg keeps you there. If you start gaining, go up; if you keep losing, go down. I expect my own maintenance dose may drift over time, so you just adjust as needed and live happily ever after.

LevelAnchor55archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

More than anything I need help with food cravings. I think tirz would be better for that during maintenance, even though I still have plenty of reta left.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @LevelAnchor55

I do 5 mg tirz and 4 mg reta split dose. Even with overlapping effects I notice more food noise a couple days after a reta shot than after a tirz shot. My plan is to try 5 mg reta on the next pin.

IronKettle95archiveSep 15

My schedule is 7.5 mg tirz on Friday, 4 mg reta on Tuesday, and 1 mg cagri on Wednesday. I think my dose is too high because there is zero food noise. I would like to lower tirz but am afraid of disturbing something that has worked so well. I am twelve pounds from goal and have complete confidence that keeping the current doses will get me there in a few weeks. It is funny how some people hesitate to go up while I am hesitant to go down.

IronMeadow94archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @LevelHarbour53 (opening post)

Would it not be best in theory to begin both at the lowest possible doses, since GLP stacks may cause more sides as the doses rise? I heard a coach recommend low-dose reta with tirz and report good success without needing to raise either very high. I found that interesting.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @IronKettle95

I'd only reply by expressing concern over cutting back the amount, since that risks ruining what has worked so well up to now. Sitting a dozen pounds shy of the target, holding steady with the present level feels right, and I'm fully convinced the finish line will come in a handful of weeks. Time to seize the day ahead! 😎

GreyFenwick31archiveSep 16
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

By openly defying my direct medical orders you have damaged my clinical authority and quite frankly my honor. Haha.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 16
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick31

At the announcement the speaker denied any ties to medical instructions involving a particular woman. Still, don't those rules on keeping health details private between doctor and patient apply here? 😎

PlainLedger95archiveSep 19

I slowly raised my amount from the starting level up to the top one across three months. Hunger hardly shows up so I must push myself to have meals and satisfaction hits fast. I keep two backup compounds ready for whenever the urge to snack might return. Thought about mixing in a tiny bit of either one if it came to that yet haven't done so yet.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.

When did people who stack tirz and reta start to stack them… · ZyraTrack