Forum › Stacking & Switching

Do people really feel effects of stacking reta and tirz

26 replies18 peopleOct 7, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Do people experience meaningful benefits from stacking retatrutide and tirzepatide?

Users report varied personal responses when combining the two. Some find tirzepatide adds stronger appetite and food-noise control that retatrutide alone lacks, while others note fewer side effects at lower combined doses. Experiences differ on hunger, energy, and weight trends, with some adding semaglutide or cagri as well. Administration is usually done on separate days rather than mixed.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether retatrutide alone is sufficient or if the glucagon component actually reduces appetite suppression from the other agonists

Still open

How binding-affinity numbers translate to real-world effects for different people

Nothing here is advice.

26 replies · 18 people
SlowFenwick86archiveopening post17h

I've noticed several people combining the two. Doesn't retatrutide cover the same actions as tirzepatide plus something extra, making the combination unnecessary?

WarmSparrow60archive17h
↳ replying to @SlowFenwick86 (opening post)

The GLP-1 action from tirzepatide is stronger. The components aren't balanced the same way.

GreyHarbour88archive16h

A lot of stackers add tirzepatide because it controls food noise better than retatrutide. I started with tirzepatide, reached a high dose, hit a plateau, then introduced retatrutide while dropping the tirzepatide amount. The combination works for me. I'm near my target, lifting heavy, so weekly loss is slow but body composition keeps changing. Appetite stays low, no food thoughts, and sides are absent.

BrightCinder50archive15h

I began combining them to reduce side effects. Tirzepatide handled food noise better but caused nausea, while retatrutide raised resting heart rate and brought on anhedonia. Using both at lower doses together feels like the right balance. I also keep a small amount of cagri in the mix.

AmberMeadow80archive15h

I came across a chart on another forum recently. Not sure of its accuracy, but it lines up with what users describe about each compound and about stacking. It might show how to adjust receptor activity for the balance that suits the individual. Someone more knowledgeable can correct me, but a lower Ki value indicates stronger receptor affinity.

LevelSparrow20archive15h
↳ replying to @GreyHarbour88

What doses are you using for each? I reached 15 mg tirzepatide then switched to retatrutide. Now at 5 mg retatrutide I added 5 mg tirzepatide the past couple weeks because hunger returned, but it hasn't changed anything. Still very hungry. Trying to decide if I need more of one, the other, or if retatrutide just isn't working for me.

BrightSparrow36archive15h

Yes. Next question? My own reactions to each feel distinct yet they work together. I've now added a small amount of semaglutide and that feels different too. Current doses are 0.25 semaglutide after eight weeks at 0.13 mg, 3 mg retatrutide, and moving to 10 mg tirzepatide this week. About ten pounds from goal with almost no adverse effects since starting in January. Down 75 pounds since mid-February. I've lost over 100 pounds naturally more than once and it always felt like constant effort. Now managing weight feels doable and sustainable. People should safely try different options to find what supports long-term health.

SteadySparrow75archive14h
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Yeah, there is a clear difference. I might add some semaglutide for a third weekly GLP injection. I'd say something about what a time to be alive but I've already used that line too much on the other compounds and saline stuff.

BrightSparrow36archive14h

Retatrutide, especially at lower doses, can increase hunger because the glucagon part uses up much of the other agonist activity to blunt insulin rises. Adding that bit of semaglutide a couple days later has smoothed appetite without making food unappealing or causing discomfort after meals. Low doses of everything feel good right now. Comfortable and unbothered is the daily goal since the main weight-loss phase is done.

RustKettle57archive14h

It cut food noise a lot for me. I was at roughly 7 mg retatrutide when I added 3 mg tirzepatide and the result has been solid. If food thoughts return I might consider cagri but we'll see.

NorthWillow97archive13h

It works reasonably well for food noise. Tirzepatide manages that better than retatrutide does on its own. I'm thinking about adding a little semaglutide because I still get snacky. Not full white-knuckle territory but still bothersome. Current doses are 7.5 mg tirzepatide and 3 mg retatrutide.

PatientBeacon63archive12h
↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80

If you use ChatGPT or similar, upload the image and ask how the numbers relate to the way the three compounds act. It gives a decent breakdown. It's not simply a matter of one number being more or less potent.

NorthWillow72archive12h
↳ replying to @PatientBeacon63

I think this also clarifies what the numbers mean.

WarmPebble45archive12h
↳ replying to @SlowFenwick86 (opening post)

Do you combine tirzepatide and retatrutide in one syringe or inject separately?

AmberPebble67archive11h

From what I see, most people inject them on different days.

BrightSparrow36archive11h
↳ replying to @WarmPebble45

General guidance is to avoid mixing different GLP compounds in the same vial or syringe. I inject on separate days.

AmberMeadow80archive9h
↳ replying to @PatientBeacon63

I ran the chart through Gemini with some follow-up questions and it does look like lower Ki means stronger action at that receptor. What am I overlooking, or what did your own query turn up?

SlowFenwick86archive9h
↳ replying to @GreyHarbour88

My first experience with tirzepatide was striking for how well it suppressed food thoughts. Now I can eat anything again. I didn't want to keep raising doses or rely on it long term, but the body adjusted quickly. It was good not thinking about food for those few weeks.

SlowFenwick86archive9h
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

I'm glad it's working well for you. Might be time for me to experiment too because the food noise has returned.

↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80

The answer I got from ChatGPT was that Ki relates to binding affinity rather than potency directly. The simplified takeaway was that the chart is useful but Ki alone doesn't tell the full story. The better picture comes from receptor coverage, affinity, functional potency, and signaling. On that view the three compounds aren't just stronger versions of one another but have different signaling setups. I saved the longer reply as a PDF if anyone wants it. AI could still be off on details, and I'm not an expert, but it helped me understand the factors involved.

AmberMeadow80archive6h
↳ replying to @PatientBeacon63

That was helpful. Thanks for sharing. Some parts are still unclear to me but I'll go back over it later. Your prompts with AI are stronger than mine.

WryBramble37archive6h

Some people need the appetite suppression more than others. Adding tirzepatide to retatrutide can weaken the glucagon effect. I prefer the fat-burning from the triple agonist and don't really need extra appetite control.

Those values are older and not all from primary sources, so here's an updated document.

WarmPebble45archive3h
↳ replying to @SlowFenwick86 (opening post)

I'm liking this approach more. I've stayed at very low doses of both. Tirzepatide drops my blood glucose too far and leaves me shaky, while retatrutide makes me feel cold. Combining them might balance things out. I'll give it a try.

↳ replying to @WarmPebble45

I use 1 mg of each per week on the same day but with separate syringes. Two injections.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.