Forum › Stacking & Switching

Do people really feel effects of stacking reta and tirz

33 replies22 peopleOct 7, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Do people experience meaningful benefits from stacking retatrutide and tirzepatide?

Users report varied personal responses when combining the two. Some find tirzepatide adds stronger appetite and food-noise control that retatrutide alone lacks, while others note fewer side effects at lower combined doses. Experiences differ on hunger, energy, and weight trends, with some adding semaglutide or cagri as well. Administration is usually done on separate days rather than mixed.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether retatrutide alone is sufficient or if the glucagon component actually reduces appetite suppression from the other agonists

Still open

How binding-affinity numbers translate to real-world effects for different people

Nothing here is advice.

33 replies · 22 people
SlowFenwick86archiveopening post1d

I've noticed several people combining the two. Doesn't retatrutide cover the same actions as tirzepatide plus something extra, making the combination unnecessary?

WarmSparrow60archive1d
↳ replying to @SlowFenwick86 (opening post)

The GLP-1 action from tirzepatide is stronger. The components aren't balanced the same way.

GreyHarbour88archive1d

A lot of stackers add tirzepatide because it controls food noise better than retatrutide. I started with tirzepatide, reached a high dose, hit a plateau, then introduced retatrutide while dropping the tirzepatide amount. The combination works for me. I'm near my target, lifting heavy, so weekly loss is slow but body composition keeps changing. Appetite stays low, no food thoughts, and sides are absent.

I began combining them to reduce side effects. Tirzepatide handled food noise better but caused nausea, while retatrutide raised resting heart rate and brought on anhedonia. Using both at lower doses together feels like the right balance. I also keep a small amount of cagri in the mix.

AmberMeadow80archive1d

I came across a chart on another forum recently. Not sure of its accuracy, but it lines up with what users describe about each compound and about stacking. It might show how to adjust receptor activity for the balance that suits the individual. Someone more knowledgeable can correct me, but a lower Ki value indicates stronger receptor affinity.

↳ replying to @GreyHarbour88

What doses are you using for each? I reached 15 mg tirzepatide then switched to retatrutide. Now at 5 mg retatrutide I added 5 mg tirzepatide the past couple weeks because hunger returned, but it hasn't changed anything. Still very hungry. Trying to decide if I need more of one, the other, or if retatrutide just isn't working for me.

Yes. Next question? My own reactions to each feel distinct yet they work together. I've now added a small amount of semaglutide and that feels different too. Current doses are 0.25 semaglutide after eight weeks at 0.13 mg, 3 mg retatrutide, and moving to 10 mg tirzepatide this week. About ten pounds from goal with almost no adverse effects since starting in January. Down 75 pounds since mid-February. I've lost over 100 pounds naturally more than once and it always felt like constant effort. Now managing weight feels doable and sustainable. People should safely try different options to find what supports long-term health.

↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Yeah, there is a clear difference. I might add some semaglutide for a third weekly GLP injection. I'd say something about what a time to be alive but I've already used that line too much on the other compounds and saline stuff.

Retatrutide, especially at lower doses, can increase hunger because the glucagon part uses up much of the other agonist activity to blunt insulin rises. Adding that bit of semaglutide a couple days later has smoothed appetite without making food unappealing or causing discomfort after meals. Low doses of everything feel good right now. Comfortable and unbothered is the daily goal since the main weight-loss phase is done.

RustKettle57archive1d

It cut food noise a lot for me. I was at roughly 7 mg retatrutide when I added 3 mg tirzepatide and the result has been solid. If food thoughts return I might consider cagri but we'll see.

NorthWillow97archive1d

It works reasonably well for food noise. Tirzepatide manages that better than retatrutide does on its own. I'm thinking about adding a little semaglutide because I still get snacky. Not full white-knuckle territory but still bothersome. Current doses are 7.5 mg tirzepatide and 3 mg retatrutide.

↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80

If you use ChatGPT or similar, upload the image and ask how the numbers relate to the way the three compounds act. It gives a decent breakdown. It's not simply a matter of one number being more or less potent.

NorthWillow72archive1d
↳ replying to @PatientBeacon63

I think this also clarifies what the numbers mean.

WarmPebble45archive1d
↳ replying to @SlowFenwick86 (opening post)

Do you combine tirzepatide and retatrutide in one syringe or inject separately?

AmberPebble67archive1d

From what I see, most people inject them on different days.

↳ replying to @WarmPebble45

General guidance is to avoid mixing different GLP compounds in the same vial or syringe. I inject on separate days.

AmberMeadow80archive1d
↳ replying to @PatientBeacon63

I ran the chart through Gemini with some follow-up questions and it does look like lower Ki means stronger action at that receptor. What am I overlooking, or what did your own query turn up?

SlowFenwick86archive1d
↳ replying to @GreyHarbour88

My first experience with tirzepatide was striking for how well it suppressed food thoughts. Now I can eat anything again. I didn't want to keep raising doses or rely on it long term, but the body adjusted quickly. It was good not thinking about food for those few weeks.

SlowFenwick86archive1d
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

I'm glad it's working well for you. Might be time for me to experiment too because the food noise has returned.

↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80

The answer I got from ChatGPT was that Ki relates to binding affinity rather than potency directly. The simplified takeaway was that the chart is useful but Ki alone doesn't tell the full story. The better picture comes from receptor coverage, affinity, functional potency, and signaling. On that view the three compounds aren't just stronger versions of one another but have different signaling setups. I saved the longer reply as a PDF if anyone wants it. AI could still be off on details, and I'm not an expert, but it helped me understand the factors involved.

AmberMeadow80archive1d
↳ replying to @PatientBeacon63

That was helpful. Thanks for sharing. Some parts are still unclear to me but I'll go back over it later. Your prompts with AI are stronger than mine.

WryBramble37archive1d

Some people need the appetite suppression more than others. Adding tirzepatide to retatrutide can weaken the glucagon effect. I prefer the fat-burning from the triple agonist and don't really need extra appetite control.

Those values are older and not all from primary sources, so here's an updated document.

WarmPebble45archive1d
↳ replying to @SlowFenwick86 (opening post)

I'm liking this approach more. I've stayed at very low doses of both. Tirzepatide drops my blood glucose too far and leaves me shaky, while retatrutide makes me feel cold. Combining them might balance things out. I'll give it a try.

↳ replying to @WarmPebble45

I use 1 mg of each per week on the same day but with separate syringes. Two injections.

IronLantern24archive1d

That's the reason I'm planning to bring in tirz while cutting back on the reta. The reta only starts controlling my hunger well once the doses get higher, and those higher amounts make the anhedonia worse. I'm hoping this switch will help restore my energy and drive. Since I already reduced to 3mg every 3.5 days I'm noticing a bit of improvement, so I'll keep lowering slowly until the appetite returns and then begin adding the tirz.

KeenThistle61archive1d

I think reta tends to make me feel more nauseous even at lower amounts, and it hits hardest around two or three days after the dose. That lines up with what I've seen because my son is a T1 diabetic and used to keep emergency glucagon kits on hand for low blood sugar. Using one of those kits often causes nausea and vomiting, though the dose is much higher than what comes from reta. Another detail is that the vial in a glucagon kit holds a lyophilized powder and comes with a syringe already filled with liquid that you inject into the vial to mix it before use.

WarmAnchor33archive1d

Curious whether using pins on separate days brings any gains.

CopperSignal27archive22h

I added reta on top of 15mg of tirz because I was still getting hungry at that tirz level. After dealing with side effects from ozempic for a year I was happy to have so few issues with tirz and didn't want to risk changing that by switching fully to reta. Adding 6mg of reta cut the hunger a lot and I lost another 13kg over the following year. I spent time looking into how the different GLP drugs act on receptors and searched for natural substances that might act as agonists or positive allosteric modulators since the GLP drugs were expensive and I didn't know about other sources at the time. A few options exist but none are easy to get or safe enough. I found differing numbers on how strongly retatrutide and tirzepatide bind to the GIP receptor and tried to sort it out from earlier papers and discussions.

BrightSparrow36archive20h
↳ replying to @WarmAnchor33

Yeah. More consistent glp amounts circulating with smaller swings leads to appetite suppression staying more level.

SteadyCinder62archive17h

Greater binding strength at receptors does not always lead to superior outcomes. Finding the right mix and equilibrium in how receptors respond might prove more important than pushing for the highest possible attachment at just one site. Considering instances where reduced attachment levels still produced impressive trial outcomes. It took years for some people to gain the extra pounds, but many combine substances aiming for quicker changes. Success gets gauged mostly through numbers on a weighing device instead of muscle tone, power, or shape, and sometimes diets seem effective only when hunger drops low. This mindset from past unsuccessful attempts led to extreme short-term plans and cycles of setbacks. I have combined things myself, which is why this is not criticism. Lately I have begun examining my own mindset and wondering about the period after finishing any restriction phase. That appears to be the following step forward. How does one feel once no longer restricting calories? Does the sense of not succeeding persist during normal daily life?

GreyHarbour88archive14h

When I moved away from a bigger amount of tirz toward reta my results stayed weak until I reached eight milligrams. I slowly cut back on the first one as I built up the second. The whole change took me around eight weeks. These days I sit at five milligrams of tirz with twelve of reta.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.