Forum › Food & Appetite

I fucking love reta.

26 replies15 peopleAug 18, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Does reta reduce food noise as well as tirz and what dosing works best?

Users new to GLP-1s report dramatic, life-changing drops in constant food noise and binge urges within weeks on reta, making meals easier to control and higher quality. Those with prior tirz experience often find reta less consistent or shorter-lived in suppression, with noise returning until the dose is raised. Lower starting doses and split injections are common now, though some stick closer to trial schedules and see strong effects even at modest amounts.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

How well reta suppresses food noise relative to tirz, and whether very low or split doses are necessary versus following trial schedules.

Still open

Whether the first strong vial some tried was actually reta or something else, and long-term maintenance strategies once goals are reached.

Nothing here is advice.

26 replies · 15 people
CopperCompass98archiveopening postAug 18

Pretty much sums it up. One month on reta and the constant food noise plus those binge-restrict cycles I've battled forever have just vanished. All the therapy and other attempts never touched it, but now the weight is gone and it's a huge relief.

SteadyQuill58archiveAug 18

It really is freeing. Food is now just fuel for me. With hunger so low I pick better quality stuff and end up feeling better overall.

BrightSignal32archiveAug 18

I could not agree more, said repeatedly. It changes everything dramatically.

CopperCompass98archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @SteadyQuill58

Totally agree. Sticking to my macros is straightforward now. At the dose I'm on I still enjoy eating but the amounts are smaller and fullness hits fast. Feels like the ideal balance.

LevelAnchor55archiveAug 18

Same here, I used to eat even when it wasn't needed. Once I began using it that stopped. You adjust after a bit, and I never went up on the dose anyway. Health reasons made me quit, and after twenty days things are still fine.

QuietPebble46archiveAug 18

Completely agree. Only week two for me and it's already life changing. No food noise at all? I'm shocked every single day. The only leftover thing is my brain checking whether the noise is still gone, which gets mildly irritating.

AmberCinder18archiveAug 18

Being on Tirz myself makes this surprising since my assumption was that Reta lacks the ability to quiet those eating urges the way Tirz can. Still the experiences shared here suggest it actually works that way.

ClearLantern70archiveAug 18

Personally the hunger pangs reappear while using this. It starts out fantastic but gradually weakens without disappearing entirely just becoming milder. Increasing the amount a bit helps bring them down once more for some period. I approached it as assistance in developing proper nutrition and activity routines. This opened the door to better living.

QuietPebble46archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

This sensation feels entirely new to me. I had zero experience with pep or GLP until this moment.

SharpTimber80archiveAug 18

Yeah, I've been using this since the start of the year and have dropped 70 pounds. It doesn't quiet the hunger signals quite as effectively as I'd prefer. Still, it does lead to smaller meals for me.

LevelAnchor55archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

People new to these meds tend to notice much stronger results from this one than those already familiar with the class. After trying the other compound first the appetite control here just doesn't hit as hard. I picked up one container and felt really powerful effects at the start but they eased off before long and already felt different during the next month. I'm still unsure whether that container was too strong or whether it was actually the other substance under the wrong label.

LevelPebble96archiveAug 18

The factor that made up my mind was escaping the endless mental chatter about food. I find it wonderful anyway, scale movement or not.

SlowAlder89archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

This is my first time trying any medications in that class and the drop in constant eating thoughts shows up even with the smallest starting amount I noticed it slightly. The alternative option probably handles those urges more strongly yet this one fits me fine at the moment. Right now I'm using four milligrams per week divided across two separate shots.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

Appetite hasn't kicked in for me at amounts between two and ten milligrams, and my food intake remains low. The product appeals to me so I need to get additional supply soon because my current stock is running low. Those tiny amounts that others mention still puzzle me, and I can't figure out the source of that notion. My own investigation never turned up details on it. Everything pointed to the early testing phases. The same holds true for half a milligram. Whatever.

PatientPebble79archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @LevelAnchor55

It sucks that you dealt with some sickness. Any link to reta there? Nice that it all got better.

CopperCompass98archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

Someone mentioned that before as well. Perhaps it's due to my lack of experience with those types of medications or compounds beforehand. Alternatively, it could stem from how disordered my eating habits were before starting this. Still, it's interesting to see the differences among individuals.

PatientPebble79archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Initially everyone stuck closely to the amounts used in studies. Yet those studies saw quite a few participants leave early, around a quarter in certain groups. I think that happened because the effects were too harsh for them. After that individuals began adjusting amounts on their own and realized smaller quantities suited them better, like half a milligram worked when the standard starting point was overwhelming. These days it's common for folks to begin with even tinier amounts to check for reactions or limit discomfort. A number of them stick with that low level to hit their targets while others gradually increase when necessary.

LevelAnchor55archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @PatientPebble79

I see no details whatsoever on the RETA. So now I need to wait while the reviews take place.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 18
↳ replying to @PatientPebble79

I didn't notice anything like that. Still, my wife and I faced no serious issues besides a touch of heartburn. How exactly did you begin Tirz during December?

PatientPebble79archiveAug 19
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

I received an initial prescription from my doctor for tirz at the 2.5 level and received that first injection right there without any charge. Back then not many were experimenting with amounts below the usual starting point and everyone followed the research data available. Fortunately I experienced zero negative reactions from it. After moving over to a compounded version I ended up using 1.66 by mistake over multiple months yet noticed nothing different regarding either unwanted effects or how much weight came off so I continued that way. Eventually I began including reta and increased the amount gradually starting at half a milligram up to two without any issues arising. Then I made the error of going straight to four and ended up feeling awful for several days which was not good at all. The following time I tried two point five instead and that worked out fine. These days I am using only tirz perhaps for keeping steady but should I decide to include reta again later on I plan to remain at two point five. Reactions vary with some people getting affected by bigger amounts while others feel nothing and a few just ignore discomfort hoping for quicker results. Lately a strange group has formed around the idea of microdosing where folks build their sense of self on using smaller quantities than what is normally recommended for these medications. I am not trying to sound critical but I have come across questions like whether taking two point six still counts as microdosing because that label matters to them. It was bound to happen that these treatments would lead to odd behaviors like this one involving competing over who takes the smallest amount. Using less does not automatically mean a person is more fragile or whimsical yet that seems to be the impression some hold. Probably certain low amounts stem from such ideas.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 19
↳ replying to @PatientPebble79

I wonder where this notion even started. Back when I first began digging deep into the topic during November, those tiny amounts never showed up in anything I found. Luckily I skipped that other platform entirely. Only in recent months have I come across mentions of them in this spot. It still bugs me a bit, and the logic doesn't click even when I try to follow it. No big deal, I'll just keep labeling them tiny portions anyway. 🤣

PatientPebble79archiveAug 19

It seems like the difficulty stems from trusting the established tested plan more than the custom version. I tend to be the type who experiments with boundaries to cut costs or discomfort instead of following what experts dictate, you know. These days allow us to create our own routines and discuss them online with others, exchanging concepts, timetables, and so on. The idea is finding what works best individually, which could vary, yet checking out someone else's approach in case it sparks something new. It's like independent medication use created by individuals for individuals. Some stick to the official instructions provided by trial results. The independent mindset probably came from noticing that increasing amounts regularly wasn't always required. A few of us might have done fine at a lower level, yet the standard plan pushed upward regardless of personal results. This led to many reaching higher amounts still feeling hungry or stuck without options. Others seek ways around severe reactions; using reduced amounts and increasing gradually has allowed many to benefit without severe stomach issues. There's a group more affected by negatives, so custom amounts let them adjust shot sizes and times for similar effects at lower levels. They maintain low doses, achieve comparable loss to those on high ones, with room to adjust if wanted, all while feeling fine. Another set seems fixated on tiny amounts below usual, possibly linked to valuing minimalism. For them the distinction between overweight and not is sharp; they've avoided one side their whole lives as if crucial. Use of these meds ties into self-view, like not being overweight always has. There's urgency because now various body types can achieve thinness, reducing their advantage. Their identity depended on differing from heavier folks, and meds complicate that. They distinguish by using the same but differently scheduled. Using only a tiny bit means they're not like those needing major loss, just minor adjustments. Some already at normal weight emphasize using for looks alone, not necessity like heavier individuals. These post asking if their small amount still counts as tiny dosing. Sometimes they're not getting full hunger control and relying on old methods but label it tiny to feel distinct and superior. It's unsettling that ex-overweight people now match their appearance. They might do better with standard plans, perhaps halting at medium, yet mix approaches with insufficient dose while needing control the proper amount avoids. This complicates keeping an image of being petite or superior. Ironically size doesn't dictate needs; smaller builds may require more while larger tolerate less. But group views assume small equals unique. If many can slim down, their position shifts. This notion didn't originate from studies. Users developed it. Companies lack reason to test lower use of their product. I didn't notice it earlier as it wasn't popular then versus trial plans. I see no negative to trying it. Probably a personality quiz could clarify why rules bother you but not me.

BlueSignal49archiveAug 19
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

From what I can tell, the habit of kicking things off with tiny amounts and spreading shots across several days each week seems to trace back to folks in the muscle building world. This one gets taken up there more than the others because its glucagon part apparently helps burn extra calories. I haven't checked any studies on it so far, and it also doesn't cut down hunger nearly as hard. A few shows I listen to talk about their people splitting small doses into two or maybe three injections over the week. That kind of pattern would probably just make me hungrier thanks to how annoying it feels.

CopperThistle37archiveAug 20
↳ replying to @BlueSignal49

A fitness influencer shared thoughts on splitting doses over several days in a week. The goal is reducing overall strain on the body. This approach only fits when doses get larger and someone wants to avoid one big shot. Graphs from those tools show the difference clearly. One shows 5mg split every three and a half days while the other shows 10mg all at once every seven days. Splitting leads to levels staying between roughly fourteen and eleven. Doing it once produces a range from about fifteen point six down to nine. Back when I used semaglutide I got extremely hungry near the end of each week. On a smaller amount that jump in dose worked okay but higher amounts make the split more worthwhile. When appetite stays low until the final couple days before the next shot splitting keeps the low point from getting too extreme. This is all just my guesswork from looking at the charts since I have not tried it myself yet. I plan to check it out later this year. From what I have seen the sharp rise right after a shot often felt excessive and left me overly stuffed for the opening days. Spreading things out seems better to soften both the high point and the later drop. There is also a combined view of the two charts.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 20
↳ replying to @PatientPebble79

There's no problem here and I can't see why you'd assume otherwise. I only glanced over what you wrote rather than going through every part. Your closing comment suggests I'm uneasy but that doesn't apply unless you can somehow read my thoughts. That probably checks out. My oldest took 2mg for a period when he wanted to decrease his BF slightly as he lifted weights.

PatientPebble79archiveAug 20

My mistake, I clearly got the wrong impression about what you meant after saying more than once that those tiny quantities make no sense or asking how anyone thought of it, which explains the irritation.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.