Forum › Dosing & Titration

Prep Your Peps?

19 replies13 peopleOct 8, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How should reconstituted peptides be filtered, stored, and handled to maintain sterility and potency?

Participants describe personal routines for reconstituting peptides such as Reta. Some filter every batch with syringe filters and transfer to sterile vials while others skip filtering with no reported problems. Reconstituted vials are kept in the fridge inside insulated cases; lyophilized powder stays in the freezer inside opaque or dedicated containers. Several users began filtering after experiencing injection site reactions or failed sterility tests.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether filtering is necessary for safety versus an unnecessary extra step that wastes product.

Still open

How much product loss occurs from filtering small volumes and what exact temperature range is optimal for long-term frozen storage.

Nothing here is advice.

19 replies · 13 people
AmberAnchor44archiveopening post2d

Good day everyone. I already know how to reconstitute lyophilized peptides. I've been using GLP-1s and similar compounds for weight loss over the past few weeks. I'm new to this but not clueless. A few things I'm wondering about: should peptides be filtered after mixing? I've noticed some videos showing particles or slight color changes. I keep opened vials cold and store sealed ones in the freezer inside an airtight container but not a light-proof box. Would a dark case in the freezer help protect them from light since the freezer is opened only once a week? Any other storage or handling tips that aren't obvious to beginners?

IronLantern24archive2d

There was a better one from another creator but the channel got taken down.

RustTimber42archive2d
↳ replying to @AmberAnchor44 (opening post)

Never filtered any of mine and haven't run into problems so far. No burning, no particles, no gelling, and no injection site reactions. The only small mistake was pulling the needle out too quickly on the last injection and losing a few units. Didn't bother adjusting with another shot because the current dose is working well. Using Reta as an example. Those vials went through rough shipping conditions with temperature swings and probably got shaken around. A bit of light exposure probably won't hurt the batch. I keep mine in a 3D-printed 50-vial holder now but used a lockbox before to keep them out of sight. One person on another site just tosses labeled vials into a bucket in the freezer.

GreyLantern71archive2d

Is the basement freezer easy to move? If not, an opaque or black box might be useful in case things need to be relocated quickly. I tend to overthink these things and live in an evacuation zone. Just an idea. Right now I'm using insulated containers found at local discount stores.

BlueAnchor59archive1d

Filtering isn't required but can be done if sterility is a concern. A 0.22 micron PES or PVDF filter is common. Every filter retains some liquid and peptide can stick to it, so small volumes lose more product. The fridge and freezer already block light, so a black case is mainly for organization. The main points are keeping powder cold, storing mixed vials in the fridge instead of the freezer, and limiting temperature cycles. Writing the mixing date on each vial prevents most beginner errors.

WarmMarble73archive1d

I will start filtering everything. Recent test results on my latest batch showed contamination. The report listed total aerobic microbial count with viable bacteria and total yeast and mold count with fungi present.

Yes to both questions. Insulated containers with vial inserts are fairly common. Hard cases work too but are often too large for fridge use, so smaller thermally stable options are better there.

AmberAnchor44archive1d
↳ replying to @WarmMarble73

Thanks. I plan to send new batches for testing. What I have now tested clean. I ordered supplies for filtering including various syringe sizes, needles, filters, empty sterile vials, and plenty of alcohol swabs.

PlainAlder11archive14h

I filter and keep reconstituted Reta in a small black four-vial case in the fridge. Powder vials stay in dedicated cases inside a mini freezer running between minus five and minus twelve degrees.

AmberAnchor44archive13h
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

My wife and I use an insulated case in the fridge to limit temperature changes when the door opens, plus an airtight case for the freezer. I've seen conflicting advice and want to stay safe while getting healthy again.

PlainAlder11archive13h
↳ replying to @AmberAnchor44

Mine sit in the garage fridge that doesn't get opened often.

QuietAnchor73archive12h
↳ replying to @RustTimber42

I've never been hit by a train but I know better than to walk on the tracks. I also wear a seat belt in the car. Call me overly cautious.

AmberAnchor44archive12h

It's Bruce Campbell. He's unstoppable. Haven't you seen the movies? Try Bubba Ho-Tep.

RustTimber42archive11h
↳ replying to @QuietAnchor73

Playing on the tracks was popular when I was a kid. We collected rail spikes, flattened coins, and gathered coal chunks. There was a steep hill crossing nearby where long trucks would get stuck. Watermelon trucks sometimes got hit and we'd collect the spilled fruit afterward. Those were good times.

SteadyKettle52archive11h
↳ replying to @IronLantern24

That creator is now posting on another video platform.

IronFenwick84archive11h

I have a mini freezer just for peptides. Vials go inside insulated containers with custom 3D-printed inserts sized for 3 ml or 10 ml vials. Everything is labeled on the caps and sides. I switched to filtering after reading about it here. Since I was already moving reconstituted material into pen cartridges, adding the filter step was straightforward.

CopperAlder51archive4h

I didn't filter at first until I got an injection site reaction that lasted over two weeks. It had to be drained a couple times but healed without a scar. Sterility testing wasn't something I thought about back then. Later I got a sinus infection after using a nasal spray version of one compound. Now I filter everything as part of the mixing process. It adds only a few minutes.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.