Forum › Results & Progress

First blood test results back

13 replies10 peopleSep 4, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

blood test changes after 17 weeks and 60 lb loss on medication

The original poster shared lipid panel and A1C improvements after 17 weeks and 61 lb loss, with most markers moving toward normal except HDL. Replies noted the rapid pace, confirmed the time frame, and discussed why others may not comment on visible changes. One user reported a similar HDL drop that their doctor dismissed given the other improvements.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

null

Still open

whether the HDL drop requires any action

Nothing here is advice.

13 replies · 10 people
GreyThistle69archiveopening postSep 4

Just received my initial lab results since restarting on May 8th, which works out to 17 weeks or about 3.9 months. Weight is down 61.4 lbs plus several inches, putting me past the halfway mark on my first target. A1C moved from 5.8 to 5.5 and is now normal. LDL went from 202 to 160, improved but still high. HDL fell from 44 to 35, which seems low. Triglycerides dropped from 190 to 76 and are now normal. Total cholesterol came down from 282 to 209, better but not yet normal. Some thyroid numbers were included but probably not central here. The HDL drop is puzzling since I use plenty of healthy fats and stay active daily, yet overall the trend looks good.

AmberCinder46archiveSep 4

Over 60 lbs in just 17 weeks is a huge drop. You have to be excited every time the scale moves.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 4

My mistake, I skipped August. That was me.

BrightCompass57archiveSep 4

Losing more than four pounds a week probably means a lot of muscle is going too.

GreyThistle69archiveSep 4

I have been watching muscle numbers on my Tanita scale and they show no loss, actually a small gain. I used to Olympic lift, still lift now, do farm work every day, kayak, ruck, and toss hay bales for fun. I am naturally stocky. Started near 300 lbs at 5'9" as a metabolic wreck. First 2 mg dose was May 8th 2026 and stayed there eight weeks, then went to 4 mg for the last nine weeks. Last week I lost 2.1 lbs and this week 1.7 lbs; the big drops were all early on.

GreyThistle69archiveSep 4

Even after dropping 60 lbs, nobody around me has noticed or mentioned it. Only my husband knows what I am doing and he is the only one who has said anything.

PatientBeacon15archiveSep 4
↳ replying to @GreyThistle69

I noticed the same thing. Most people probably see the change but treat it as private and avoid bringing it up.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 4
↳ replying to @GreenThistle68

Right, I stand corrected. Retirement makes it easy to lose track of a month.

CopperAlder51archiveSep 8
↳ replying to @GreyThistle69 (opening post)

My HDL went down to 28 and I was worried at first, but my doctor said it was fine because LDL and triglycerides reached low normal ranges.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 8
↳ replying to @QuietAnchor73

I saw that and should probably get one too.

SharpCinder28archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Exactly. Nobody dies from low HDL, they die from damaged arteries. Low HDL from a low-fat diet is different from low HDL caused by steroid use.

IronBramble31archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @GreyThistle69

I went through the same thing after losing 110 lbs and heard nothing from anyone. My old boss finally said he could tell because I was walking normally instead of like a penguin. At the time it stung, but looking back I appreciate it.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.