Forum › Side Effects

GLP-1 effects on joint pain, senses, behavior and neuro pathways

110 replies61 peopleAug 3, 2026☆ Follow
110 replies · 61 people · page 3 of 3
GreyThistle69archiveAug 21

An unexpected plus is far less appeal to mosquitoes, after being a constant target before. The occasional bite still happens but they do not turn as red or raised. That counts as a big gain, and while food costs have dropped I keep searching for the next kit for the freezer.

CopperHarbour89archiveAug 22

On both and coffee intake has risen while snacking sits at zero. Injection days bring light nausea and migraine, only that day. Steady loss continues and inflammation pain improves, yet water intake remains difficult since the start.

NorthWillow72archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperHarbour89

Good that you are aware. Fruits, vegetables and broths can support hydration too.

PatientHarbour28archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperHarbour89

Have you considered making your own hydration water or electrolyte mix at home? Plain tap water does not appeal enough so that works for me.

CopperCinder12archiveAug 22

Unsure if tied to this but I have stayed healthy for over a year now, not even a light cold, with plenty of wood knocking.

CopperHarbour89archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

Fruits and vegetables are favorites, so now searching for broth options locally. Thanks.

CopperHarbour89archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @PatientHarbour28

Have not tried that yet, though I may need to. Sugar-free powerade appeals more than plain water these days.

NorthWillow72archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @CopperHarbour89

Chicken broth with bamboo shoots, spring onions, an egg, a touch of sesame oil and dark soy makes over a quart of low-calorie hot food. A full bowl lands around 180-200 calories and leaves you satisfied even if only part is finished. The mix works well.

CopperHarbour89archiveAug 22
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

Your signature aside, I do not feel alone at all. Thanks so much. I had no idea those items would be easy to find locally online.

GreyFenwick31archiveAug 24
↳ replying to @RustQuill94

It has treated you well. Wine interest dropped the same way for me too. On vacation with my girls I got a bottle and poured a glass each night yet nearly always set it aside because it no longer hits the same. Could be the weight goal or just changed taste. Bunk product is disappointing.

RustBramble70archiveSep 16

Lowered urge to eat and snack probably isn't a side effect at all, more like the main point. That's what these GLP meds are meant to achieve when they work right? What's unexpected though is losing interest in other stuff that's not connected, like drinking, cigarettes or various habits. I skipped the earlier comments but maybe someone else noted less sex drive too. Luckily that didn't hit me, though my drinking is basically gone now. The usual skin reactions, which can feel like allergies sometimes, are still there for me, and so are the night chills. I ended up getting pajamas for the first time in years.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.