NAION damage is usually permanent because it kills optic-nerve tissue. The only plausible link I see is the dehydration angle you mentioned, plus being sick and skipping drops.
I had PRK on both eyes at the end of March before I began reta. Dosing started at 2 mg weekly in late May. By the end of June my final check showed essentially 20/20 vision. Doses kept rising over the next months but acuity stayed steady and I noticed no real shifts. Around late September I began getting occasional blur or the feeling that something was in one eye or the other. This started after a bad flu picked up on a trip and at the same time I had stopped being regular with the lubricating drops. I still see no clear reason to blame reta; the obvious factors are the known dry-eye effect from PRK, the illness, travel exposure, and the skipped drops. The timing just made me nervous because of the stories about GLP meds and optic-nerve problems.