Forum › Training & Muscle

Supplements to take with Retatrutide

29 replies21 peopleSep 10, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

what supplements help with side effects or results while using retatrutide

Users list a wide range of daily supplements alongside reta including electrolytes, magnesium, omega-3s, creatine, vitamin D, NAC, and fiber sources. Many report these ease cramping, support digestion, and maintain energy during weight loss. Hair loss is frequently mentioned but opinions split on whether reta itself triggers it or if calorie restriction and nutrient gaps are responsible. A few keep their stack minimal and focus on food first while others add liver support or joint aids.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

whether retatrutide directly causes hair loss or if shedding stems only from weight loss and lower nutrient intake

Still open

whether red-light caps meaningfully regrow hair or simply reduce shedding for users on reta

Nothing here is advice.

29 replies · 21 people
WarmFenwick20archiveopening postSep 10

What supplements are you pairing with reta and which ones actually made a difference for you? I feel like I'm running a whole pharmacy right now with omega-3s, D3-K2, essential aminos, NMN, creatine, protein shakes, magnesium glycinate, ashwagandha at night, psyllium husk, a multi, and an electrolyte packet whenever I remember.

SteadyLantern35archiveSep 10

Hair supplements, because the hair loss on reta has been noticeable.

BrightCompass57archiveSep 10

Creatine, zinc, NAC, EAAs, daily electrolytes, curcumin, CoQ10, naringin, D3, fish oil, a multi, biotin, magnesium glycinate, pre-workout, vitamin C, and a double scoop of protein. I think that's everything at the moment.

BrightCompass57archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @SteadyLantern35

Not an issue for me at all. Hair loss usually comes down to genetics or maybe not getting enough nutrients while cutting hard.

BrightCinder50archiveSep 10

I take TUDCA for liver and gallbladder support, a methylated multi, SAMe, TMG, and NAC.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @SteadyLantern35

Lots of hair loss with losing weight. Fixed that for you.

WarmCompass27archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @WarmFenwick20 (opening post)

Ask yourself whether you actually need each one on its own. If the answer is yes across the board then keep the pharmacy running. All the ones you listed have solid studies behind them and are considered safe for daily use. This is basically what preventive care looks like, and there's nothing wrong with it as long as the doses stay reasonable.

NorthFenwick56archiveSep 10

Hit a plateau on reta. Some reading suggested omegas, zinc, and berberine can help keep receptors responsive, so that's what I'm adding now.

SteadyLantern35archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @BrightCinder50

I'm a woman and never had hair-loss issues before starting reta, so I'm convinced it's the medication. Biotin is one hair supplement people use, and getting enough protein can help too.

WryCinder57archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

The red-light laser caps caught my interest. Do they actually work?

AmberBeacon57archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @WryCinder57

I own one and use it three times a week. I haven't seen much new growth, but it has pretty much stopped the shedding. After washing I might find only a handful of hairs in the brush instead of the large amount that used to come out.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 10
↳ replying to @SteadyLantern35

It varies by person. I haven't noticed any on my end.

PatientBeacon33archiveSep 11

I take two packs of a certain daily gummy supplement now. It replaced a bunch of separate pills and I feel better on just that.

RustAlder28archiveSep 11

I've gone through phases of taking lots of supplements and now prefer keeping it simple. I focus on real food and only add electrolytes in water first thing in the morning, a pre-workout before training, an amino drink mix in the afternoon, and a sleep blend with zinc and magnesium at night.

NorthFenwick56archiveSep 11

I should mention I'll soon be adding another compound as well, if you want to count that as a supplement.

WarmMarble73archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @SteadyLantern35

Anecdotally, as an older male, I've seen more hair loss over the past year that lines up with starting reta. I'm also on a DHT blocker and keeping protein high, but there don't seem to be studies linking reta directly to it. I'm hoping it's just a temporary reaction to fast weight loss and things will settle once I reach my goal.

ClearLantern70archiveSep 11

Supplements should fill gaps in your diet or lifestyle. If you eat fish often you probably don't need extra omega-3. If you get regular sun you may not need vitamin D. I eat only meat with zero produce and take milk thistle, TUDCA, magnesium, and olive oil. I've never felt healthier.

AmberTimber37archiveSep 11

Reta triggered muscle cramping that I almost never had before, starting oddly in my thumbs. Electrolytes are essential for me and help a lot. One brand's fruit-punch version gives partial relief, but I still need extra potassium pills for full relief over a couple days. I think it's tied to the diuretic effect.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @BrightBeacon35

I believe it's pronounced a bit differently.

LevelFenwick92archiveSep 11

Psyllium husk. It really helps keep digestion moving when reta slows gastric emptying and it also reduces bloating.

WarmMarble73archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @AmberTimber37

Thanks for mentioning that. I've had painful cramps on and off and didn't connect them to reta. I'll give electrolytes a try.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @LevelFenwick92

Yep, big fan. It keeps everything running on schedule.

WrySignal35archiveSep 11

I take a digestive enzyme with every meal and it really cuts down on heartburn and gas from the slower emptying.

PatientBeacon33archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @BrightBeacon35

Little gummies from that site. They're pricey but they've replaced a lot of the separate pills I used to take.

GreenKettle24archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

Depending on where you live there may not be enough sun for good vitamin D levels, especially in the Pacific Northwest during fall and winter. I take a men's 50-plus multi even though I'm not that age, extra D in the darker months, omega-3, CoQ10, and another NAD support product. For sleep or stress I keep magnesium citrate or threonate, theanine, and apigenin on hand. I also cycle pre- and probiotics or eat fermented foods regularly and haven't had gut trouble on either tirzepatide or reta.

KeenCompass72archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @WarmFenwick20 (opening post)

Mine are pretty close to yours as I get ready to start reta: omega, NMN plus TMG, creatine, D3-K2, magnesium glycinate at night, curcumin phytosome, hyaluronic acid with C for joints, melatonin before bed, and shilajit for minerals.

RustQuill56archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @SteadyLantern35

Reta doesn't directly cause hair loss but it can trigger shedding. The real drivers are weight loss itself, calorie cuts, lower protein or micronutrient intake, and overall body stress. Using the medication alone doesn't produce hair loss.

ClearLantern70archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @GreenKettle24

You're right, I live in the Pacific Northwest area you mentioned, around Tacoma in Washington. Getting enough D naturally is tough there in winter. I manage it by working out outside in the morning without a shirt even then. Magnesium citrate at night would have me running to the bathroom, so I avoid that form before bed. I agree pre- and probiotics are useful; I work at a sewage plant and sometimes get GI issues from exposure, so I use citrate to clear things then rebuild with fiber and probiotics.

GreenKettle24archiveSep 12
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

Yeah, citrate. For me any GI effects are dose-dependent and I only use 150 mg, which isn't an issue. The stool-softening side can actually be helpful while on GLP-1s to avoid constipation. I get a paradoxical reaction to glycine forms though; they leave me slightly anxious and restless at night. Magnesium taurate is another one I like because the taurine helps with physical tension.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.