Forum › Storage & Stability

How long is Reta good stored in the freezer

41 replies16 peopleAug 15, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How long does Reta last when stored in a freezer

Participants report expecting years to decades of stability in a dedicated chest freezer at around 0 F or lower, with insulation like thermoses or coolers recommended for auto-defrost units. Home fridge-freezers are seen as less ideal due to temperature swings during defrost cycles. Personal stockpiles are growing based on claims of long-term potency even after years at low temperatures.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether standard home auto-defrost freezers significantly degrade peptides without extra insulation

Still open

Exact shelf life without new degradation data or testing

Nothing here is advice.

41 replies · 16 people
PatientThistle38archiveopening postAug 15

I picked up extra and now I'm thinking about how much time this lasts when stored frozen. Appreciate any thoughts.

WryKettle80archiveAug 15

Expecting this setup to endure three years minimum.

ClearLantern70archiveAug 16

Is it a freezer that auto defrosts? If yes, then move the reta to the fridge, good for years. If it's a deep freeze, it will last many years.

SharpTimber80archiveAug 16

I'm hoping this supply lasts me a good long time. I keep ending up with extra purchases by mistake though, and now my collection is oversized lol

LevelThistle44archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

Perhaps store those packages inside some kind of protective holder such as an ice chest or similar thing. Hard to say for sure. Over many years I've handled lots of different peptide compounds. The chance they might lose strength near freezing doesn't concern me unless fresh information shifts my view.

RustHarbour17archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

My household refrigerator uses a single compressor unit that only chills the freezer compartment. The refrigerator section receives its cooling through openings from the freezer area. Adjusting those openings controls the temperature in the fridge part. The automatic defrost cycles in the freezer also affect the fridge temperatures, though the changes aren't significant enough. Keeping items in an insulated container makes a big difference.

CopperAlder51archiveAug 16

I heard it holds up for months under normal conditions, years when chilled, and decades when frozen solid. So I went ahead and bought extra based on those details.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

I have a compact chest freezer just for peptides that's two cubic feet and it reaches around seven below zero. I figured there'd be leftover capacity for the occasional steak or joint yet it's nearly packed now. 😳 👍

LevelThistle44archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

It seems appealing, yet extra storage would be necessary. I've considered using those funds for a freezer capable of minus forty degrees, but up to this point, not really interested.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

My storage units match those specifications reaching seven cubic feet while holding negative seven degrees. Most of my supplies stay packed within the kits themselves which go inside tough protective cases. It holds over one hundred of those kits so that's the limit I'm aiming for now.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

This setup covers what I need for GLP at the moment. Twenty-two peptides appear on my tracking sheet. Not sure any practical advantage exists from reaching temperatures below negative four degrees, given that my twenty-three cubic foot chest unit keeps that level steady and sits ready for use.

ClearLantern70archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

100 kits sounds like a good cut off point. I'm curious if you will stick to this. I'm really struggling with my new obsession and it blew through two cut off points already.

CopperAlder51archiveAug 16

Recently picked up a compact freezer holding 1.1 cubic feet. Those pep cases had been crowding out space in the kitchen model. This one drops to minus twenty Fahrenheit. My stash fits inside with leftover room, leaving me satisfied for the moment.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

I'm convinced I've already messed things up by the time those requests start showing up. This week I'm away and recall having around ninety before heading out, plus I've added a dozen more during the trip.

ClearLantern70archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

Haha that lines up perfectly. My orders for these compounds will probably only stop once I'm gone for good. Extra shipments are still likely to arrive for a while afterward. It's pretty contradictory since those meds get praised for curbing cravings yet I'm stuck craving more of them.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 16

Haha that angle is new on me yet it checks out 😎

LevelThistle44archiveAug 16

I've got plenty of R30 and R140 already, though my supply of R60 runs pretty low. Not in any hurry, but I want to track down an affordable group purchase for that one.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

I rarely make purchases of it but a good number of sixties appear to be out there these days.

SharpCinder28archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @LevelThistle44

Lately I've noticed it's tougher to spot the R60 during group purchases. A possible reason might be that those flipping items from such sales lean toward the R30 instead.

LevelThistle44archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SharpCinder28

I think that listing wrapped up the week before, though the exact amount slips my mind now, still I'm frustrated since I was hoping for the step above it 😂

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SharpCinder28

Quite a few lower strength versions are already in my possession, and I acquired four medium strength sets to help balance the average. The high strength ones just don't seem worth pursuing at this point. Four sets of the alternative are ready for when I arrive back, but the arithmetic ends up working in favor of the first option rather than the second.

PatientThistle38archiveAug 16

Grateful to everyone who shared those details. It means a lot.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

I agree with that point. My setup out in the garage stays anywhere from three below zero up to nine below. The warmest reading I ever saw from the digital gauge inside hit thirteen. My spouse would never allow me to run the kitchen model instead. The best one I managed to get came from a group purchase that wrapped up a little while back. It fits the description exactly. Suggestions for the next group purchase often include plenty of calls for the ten and twenty sizes.

LevelBeacon74archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @CopperAlder51

Yeah that checks out because someone examined an old container kept in the garage for a decade and it still worked fine.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @LevelBeacon74

Perhaps the last one turned out different, yet I'm going ahead and gathering more of this version anyway.

LevelBeacon74archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

When I examine how these three substances are arranged, the peptide makeup doesn't vary much between them. Viewed in a coiled helix shape, the whole thing seems tougher than most folks realize.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @LevelBeacon74

Comments worded like the one shown explain why my cold storage ends up crammed full… haha

ClearLantern70archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

That's not accurate. Which detail here falls short?

SharpAnchor92archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

These days the automatic defrost cycle in my freezer only warms the inside just enough to clear away the tiniest bit of ice that forms on the walls. That never reaches through solid wrapping or jars so nothing inside gets dried out or ruined. Concerns about blackouts are exactly why I keep a couple of insulated bottles packed with frozen blocks.

ClearLantern70archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SharpAnchor92

The appliance I use for keeping things cold dates back to the eighties and handles thawing automatically. Without packing plenty of other frozen items around my compounds they start to rise in temperature. Another option is placing them inside a foam cooler within that same unit.

SharpCinder28archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

I rely on soup jars obtained from a resale shop.

SharpAnchor92archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @ClearLantern70

That could apply to an older refrigerator from decades ago. Plus you've checked the temperature inside using a remote sensor, which means you're aware.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @SharpAnchor92

The freezer unit in my garage holds my belongings and normally stays between minus four and minus nine. Since clearing the electronic gauge roughly three weeks back it has hit a minimum of minus eleven and peaked at thirteen. All this happens inside an eighty eight to ninety five degree space during the current season. People who know Arizona summers get it.

SharpAnchor92archiveAug 16
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

How long does that roughly twenty degree climb actually stick around though? During colder months around my southwest spot the evening chill can hit twenty eight at times yet hardly ever lasts long enough to bother mature growth. Still once every decade or so all the ficus end up gone. I move between my two seasonal cities... I could seem slow but I'm not a complete fool.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 17
↳ replying to @SharpAnchor92

I don't know either. While working at my bench outside, the defrost cycle becomes audible to me. I believe the process runs briefly. Living here almost my entire life makes everything seem ordinary. A handful of chilly nights occur each season. The freezes from last winter damaged my palm trees badly.

SteadyPebble24archiveAug 27

I've got enough of this stuff tucked in the freezer to cover me for eight years. Keeping my weight steady is the plan. Part of a tiny group that stocks these things ahead, and I hold on to mine without passing any along. Just two months back I finished the last bit from my first batch, which takes me right back to the early excitement around this trend.

ClearHarbour45archiveAug 27
↳ replying to @SharpAnchor92

I came across something saying a slight rise in temperature happens briefly yet stays safely under zero. It also mentioned getting a handful of big two gallon containers from my former high school sports instructor to store in the icebox which would handle things except if the electricity fails longer than half a dozen hours.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 27
↳ replying to @ClearHarbour45

Research topics pull me into this community at first yet the brew makes me stick around afterward. Yeah!

WarmSparrow92archiveAug 27

I find myself fine going with the first one at most six years old and the second up to ten years old. Storage needs solid insulation plus avoiding any extended electricity cutoffs and cutting down on how often vials come out across many years by keeping container openings to a minimum.

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 27
↳ replying to @WarmSparrow92

Future generations will probably treat the lowest storage box from my deep freeze like some forgotten relic when they finally pry it open. They'll spot all those kits and joke that the old guy should have thrown in piles of bills too, but nope.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 27
↳ replying to @ClearHarbour45

Personally, a full-house backup power system fits my situation best. It even handles that big four-ton air conditioner. Anyone mention beer?

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.