Forum › Food & Appetite

CJC 1295 Questions

27 replies13 peopleJul 31, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How should CJC-1295 be dosed and timed with or without ipamorelin when also using GLP-1 drugs like tirzepatide?

Users report CJC-1295 is commonly blended with ipamorelin for synergy and can be taken alone or combined. Fasting windows of 2-3 hours before and 30-60 minutes after are frequently recommended, though some argue GLP-1 drugs extend the needed fasted period to around 6 hours, making morning the only practical window. Morning dosing is preferred by several on tirzepatide or reta because evening insulin may blunt GH release. Typical blend dosing is described as 100-250 mcg of each before bed or split, with debate over whether higher subq doses are needed for CJC alone.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether any insulin rise fully blocks GH release from CJC/IPA, whether evening dosing remains viable on GLP-1s, and whether standard 100 mcg CJC doses are adequate for subq use versus needing much higher amounts.

Still open

Exact fasting duration required on GLP-1s, optimal total daily dose for the blend, and whether CJC-1295 no DAC works well enough by itself to justify use over alternatives.

Nothing here is advice.

27 replies · 13 people
PlainTimber88archiveopening postJul 31

Hello there. The information I've come across regarding this peptide has me puzzled. I'd value hearing about others' experiences with it. To begin with, does CJC 1295, often shortened to CJC, get combined with ipamorelin every time? I'd like more specifics on that. Next, I'm unclear on the term "fasted" in this context. How long should one wait after a meal or before one to use it? Just to share, I'm a woman of 65 who's currently using tirz, planning to incorporate Reta for shedding those final ten pounds, along with NAD+. Appreciate any thoughts shared.

CopperBeacon24archiveJul 31
↳ replying to @PlainTimber88 (opening post)

I receive it either combined or on its own. Fasting for me means two hours past the last meal and then no food intake for thirty minutes after use.

RustPebble66archiveJul 31

I usually pair CJC together with Ipa as the two work well in combination. Getting each one individually or mixed together is possible, with common mixtures being 5mg of each or double that amount. When using GLP1 agonists such as Tirz or Reta, I avoid food for a couple hours prior to dosing CJC, Ipa or Tesa.

PlainTimber88archiveJul 31

Hey everyone, your responses have been incredibly useful. I have another question though. Because of how ipa and CJC work together, would combining the injections make a bigger difference? Thanks again for sharing what you've learned.

RustPebble66archiveJul 31

Lots of folks mix the dac-free version together with ipa into one combined product. Taking them together is likely more beneficial. For the past eight weeks I've run an equal ratio mix and seen some solid gains, though I can't say for sure if they stem from that or other factors. Common amounts fall in the 100-250 range for each. You could divide it across morning and night but most just do a single shot right before sleep.

SteadyCinder74archiveJul 31

I chose daytime injections over nighttime ones because of the Tirzepitide. The CJC and IPA showed no noticeable impact until that timing shift. Insulin seemed to block the secretagogues even after a three-hour wait following food while on Reta, and changing my meal time or bedtime just felt too awkward.

LevelSignal72archiveJul 31

I share the same view about morning timing with GLP-1 use. Tracking my igf-1 before beginning and then again after four to six weeks shows the support level for me. The mix is my pick too.

GreyFenwick29archiveJul 31

Elevated insulin tends to weaken the response from those peptides, and that elevation often follows eating lots of carbs. Since the GLP1 agonist delays how quickly the stomach empties, I doubt any major insulin surges would happen. Nighttime seems like the best window for the CJC/IPA combo in my case, even if some people report morning works alright too.

BrightBeacon35archiveJul 31
↳ replying to @SteadyCinder74

I agree with that point. Because these medications delay stomach emptying, it could take nearly six hours before one is actually in a fasted state. Injecting the combination without proper fasting means the dose gets squandered. Only in the morning does a person using such a medication reach a genuine fasted condition for optimal peptide results. Everything comes down to maximizing that effect. That's just how I see it.

SteadyCinder74archiveJul 31
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick29

A tiny bit of insulin can reduce the growth hormone peak quite a bit. Carbs aren't the sole issue here either. Even just protein by itself causes some drawbacks. Plus that GLP-1 thing makes the whole situation last longer.

GreyFenwick29archiveJul 31
↳ replying to @SteadyCinder74

Studies on people indicate eating protein can raise insulin yet still trigger growth hormone output. Body function reviews point to elevated blood sugar and carb-heavy eating as bigger blockers of growth hormone than normal insulin changes by themselves. So skipping a big carb meal ahead of using the peptides seems sensible, though ordinary protein intake doesn't appear to wipe out the growth hormone effect.

IronLantern24archiveJul 31
↳ replying to @SteadyCinder74

I can't help but question what counts as excessively high. My levels stay above one hundred ten without exception.

PatientHarbour61archiveAug 1
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick29

Trials on these growth hormone releasing compounds never required participants to avoid eating beforehand. The version without the dac attachment follows the same action pattern even if direct studies are missing. Plenty of online voices push hard for empty stomach timing yet the published work delivered solid outcomes without those extra restrictions. No data backs up any claim that skipping meals enhances results and real world blood tests rarely beat what the studies already showed despite wide variation in the numbers. The firm behind one compound's creation never suggested any fasting step despite years of close work by its team. It's strange to think random online voices understand the details better than those researchers unless the timing rule turns out not to matter much.

GreenBramble47archiveAug 1
↳ replying to @RustPebble66

I wanted to note how amounts for this stuff normally get measured in micrograms. Phones often switch the unit over to milligrams without warning. Obviously nobody means a standard quantity would involve dozens of those containers at once.

RustPebble66archiveAug 2
↳ replying to @GreenBramble47

Appreciate you pointing that out, autocorrect took over on my end ;D

SlowBramble67archiveAug 2
↳ replying to @PlainTimber88 (opening post)

Combining those peptides with workouts helps build more muscle by triggering your body's own growth hormone production, similar to how GHRH functions. This counters the muscle loss that sometimes happens with Tirz. Without exercise, I'm not convinced it would do the same. From what I've seen, one works better on its own than the other, and mixing them improves results even more, though the second one by itself doesn't seem very powerful. They also make you feel hungrier because the muscles need fuel to grow. If you give in and eat, weight loss stops, but the urge isn't constant. Skipping food lets it pull from fat stores instead. That's why going without eating for a while helps. I take the mix right after waking at five in the morning and hold off on food till noon. My workout comes later in the evening around six. Switching to that other option for the final pounds seems risky since it might not suit everyone. If progress stalls with Tirz, trying one of those additions could be preferable. Given my years, pairing with the alternative one might suit better. Exercise remains key for solid outcomes.

PatientHarbour61archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @SlowBramble67

It functions okay when used solo, but there's an important catch to keep in mind. The catch comes from how the first set of instructions got created by someone lacking solid knowledge of drug behavior in the body and clearly missing the concept of absorption rates after injection. Later writers simply repeated the same error without checking. That led to amounts being calculated from data on direct vein delivery, where nearly everything reaches circulation, rather than from under-the-skin shots of similar releasing compounds where only a small fraction gets through. Once the error is spotted and the quantity is increased by a large multiple to match real conditions, results become solid. Even so, switching to the other option starts to look like the simpler choice.

BrightBeacon35archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @PatientHarbour61

This came as a surprise to me. Did you test that combination using one to five milligrams each day?

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @PatientHarbour61

That caught my attention right away. Where might I find the updated amount mentioned? I'd enjoy checking the details since it could shift how my body reacts the next occasion I try it.

PatientHarbour61archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

I haven't come across any published studies on this particular peptide. Searching for information turns up almost nothing in the scientific literature. It looks like there are zero papers available. The first mention of what people call a dose that fully triggers the release in online discussions seems to trace back to a comment suggesting one hundred micrograms or one microgram per kilogram of body weight, with anything more providing little extra growth hormone output. That idea appears drawn from older experiments involving direct vein delivery of the natural hormone, where the peak effect happened around that amount. It makes sense that the same quantity given intravenously might maximize output for the modified version too. However, since administration happens under the skin instead, and studies on similar compounds show only about five percent reaches the system that way, a much larger amount would be required to match the intravenous maximum.

SlowBramble67archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @PatientHarbour61

The thorough details shared here are much appreciated. Right now I've combined another item with my existing one and find the results quite suitable. It's unlikely I'll go back to the earlier option and experiment with those larger quantities.

NorthFenwick56archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @PatientHarbour61

My kid began using the version of that compound without the added part because an incorrect product arrived. It does not include the extension. I might raise the amount taken each injection by doubling and then tripling it to examine the proposed idea. I do not expect harm from doing so. Probably I will test this approach on my own body before anything else. Despite using a small morning dose of the standard growth hormone. I think my insulin-like growth factor returns to its usual level roughly half a day later. Meaning the items should avoid any overlap. Grateful for the explanation. It is quite intriguing. Appears believable.

PatientHarbour61archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @SlowBramble67

There's no advantage for me in taking elevated doses of CJC without DAC. Instead I would choose tesa in such a situation and I prefer even more to deplete the five hundred milligrams of somatropin currently in my possession.

PatientHarbour61archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @NorthFenwick56

I wanted to point out how ipamorelin seems to ramp up hunger once doses go higher. It looks like you may not have reached the level for a big change even if you increase, although an impact could appear.

LevelSignal72archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @PatientHarbour61

Lately I've begun injecting that blend several times daily at the same amount. Before this my growth factor levels came back typical from just a single morning shot. These days the schedule is three injections. Doing one later after training makes me overeat quite a bit during the night meal. I suspect the repeated higher amounts of the ipamorelin part are driving the extra appetite since smaller quantities or the other option never produced anything similar.

PatientHarbour61archiveAug 21
↳ replying to @LevelSignal72

My stomach wasn't working right, similar to that condition where food doesn't move. Maybe it was exactly that, but I had a gap in coverage after switching employment so handled it solo. For seven days I couldn't get more than a quarter of what I usually need in terms of energy intake. Food just wouldn't stay down, and even a small amount like four hundred would come back up. Then I recalled that this peptide had been studied for bowel slowdown after surgery, helping things move better in the gut, and similar compounds were tested specifically for the same stomach problem. I used about the amount from those studies, two to three milligrams each time, twice daily. Right away it fixed the gut trouble. Suddenly eating was possible once more, and I consumed massive quantities, exceeding eight thousand on one occasion without even keeping track all the way.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.