Forum › Dosing & Titration

Stopping Reta before vacation - what’s the recommendation

16 replies12 peopleSep 11, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How far ahead of a short vacation should someone pause retatrutide to avoid side effects with food and alcohol, and how to restart afterward?

Most participants advise against pausing because the compound clears slowly and a brief break changes little. Several users report continuing their normal schedule on trips of similar length with no problems handling drinks or meals. Those who missed doses simply resumed at the prior level or added a modest catch-up shot upon return. The original poster remains concerned that alcohol effects might linger even after stopping.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether any pause is worthwhile given the slow clearance versus the desire to enjoy vacation food and drink without inhibition

Still open

How much stopping actually reduces alcohol sensitivity for this user

Nothing here is advice.

16 replies · 12 people
PatientThistle38archiveopening postSep 11

Need advice without criticism. Heading out on vacation starting October 7th. Normally inject on Sundays at 1.5 mg now. How far in advance should I pause to avoid potential issues with meals or drinks? If I pause, do I restart at a reduced amount and build up again? Aware it's a small amount but it's effective for me.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @PatientThistle38 (opening post)

It depends on the amount of time you've stayed with this amount before things stabilize, which is often four to five weeks. How much time have you kept this amount? Do bad effects show up for you? What reason is there to quit? What's the duration of the trip away?

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

This point plus are you traveling internationally or just in the States?

SharpAnchor92archiveSep 11

Going along with the earlier point, the quick take is keeping the same path works best whenever feasible at the regular amount. Plenty of discussions cover the reasons for doing so along with others on moving the items during trips since most worries lack real basis.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 11

I agree the clearance time from the body is right, but extra information is needed.

GreyCompass76archiveSep 11

In my opinion I wouldn't stop, buy some pens and pack them in the suitcase.

GreyBramble22archiveSep 11

Returning home after seven days on a cruise ship, we kept up with pinning every Saturday as usual. The delayed arrival meant performing the task one day later than planned, but this caused no difficulties at all. We could still have alcoholic beverages during the voyage, and despite lowered appetite, body weight did not increase over the period.

GreyFenwick31archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @PatientThistle38 (opening post)

I can't think of any reason against carrying it since no difficulties exist for me now.

PatientThistle38archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

I've held steady at this amount for fourteen days, having started the regimen in July from a smaller dose and slowly working my way higher. Alcohol definitely doesn't appeal as much these days, and although I rarely indulge anyway, this kind of outing could make that noticeable. Some meals now cause more discomfort overall. Since I handle most of the meal prep at home, trying different dishes when eating out can set things off. My goal here is to keep any negative reactions in check or avoid them entirely during the break. The whole trip lasts six days down in New Orleans.

NorthWillow72archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @PatientThistle38

I've allowed enough time for it to accumulate and already adjusted the dose once. Drinking doesn't bother me much, aside from possibly stronger hangovers now that I'm older. Avoiding certain foods is the reason we're doing this, and it helps maintain progress. After using for six or seven weeks, most experience only small effects that are simple to manage. Six days away isn't much time. Normally I'd inject one point five on Sunday, so I'd continue that during the week before leaving on Wednesday and returning the following Tuesday. Upon getting back, I'd probably do a small injection of one milligram to restore the amount and resume the usual schedule the next Sunday. However, with just ten to twenty pounds to drop overall, missing one week might not make much difference. I needed to shed twenty seven percent and didn't want to risk stopping. Just to mention, I reached my target a year and a half back and handled my recent six day outing the same way.

QuietThistle70archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @PatientThistle38

For a quick getaway I manage the timing however suits me best. Personally I follow my usual routine before departure and pick up again with the following one after getting home. Putting off an injection by a couple days makes little difference to me. I actually inject enough to hit my highest point right before I go but the medication barely changes how much I like meals or drinks it only reduces the portions. A concentration tool lets me work out whether an added amount fits if I decide on one. Or the same tool shows what the drop would be if I miss a few.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 11
↳ replying to @PatientThistle38

Everything turned out okay for me, so I kept the amount the same since it wasn't a big quantity. During a trip, I skipped the usual Friday injection, returned late on Sunday evening, and administered that missed one on Monday instead. After that, I continued with injections spaced six days apart until the schedule aligned with Friday again. At the time, my amount was 8 milligrams. There were no problems at all.

ClearLantern70archiveSep 12

Yep. You're good with any of this advice.

PatientThistle38archiveSep 12

I've come to see that drinking really affects me more than expected and now question if stopping it ahead of time could lessen those effects.

PlainAlder11archiveSep 12
↳ replying to @PatientThistle38

The effects linger long after quitting. Several weeks pass before everything clears completely from the body. Restarting later never delivers the same results. This is the reason so many people remain on it permanently but with a smaller ongoing amount.

NorthPebble82archiveSep 12

My partner and I will follow along here since the content looks intriguing.

ClearQuill18archiveSep 13
↳ replying to @PatientThistle38 (opening post)

No reason to quit at this point. If it's already been longer than four or five weeks, that tiny amount stays too small to change anything about meals, drinks, or similar. I always bring every one of mine along wherever I go.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.