Forum › Training & Muscle

Building Muscle mass on peps

29 replies24 peopleJul 6, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What peptides help build muscle while eating in a surplus and staying lean?

Participants agree that peptides alone do not drive muscle growth the way steroids do. Training, eating enough protein and calories, sleeping, and progressive overload remain the main requirements. Some peptides may speed recovery or raise growth hormone, which can indirectly support more frequent training, but results still depend on the basics. A few users mention myostatin inhibitors or TRT as stronger options with their own risks.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether GH peptides produce noticeable long-term muscle increases or mainly placebo and recovery effects

Still open

Best dosing schedules and whether daily versus 5-on-2-off use matters for CJC/Ipa

Nothing here is advice.

29 replies · 24 people
LevelBeacon32archiveopening postJul 6

Hi, so far I've only used peptides for weight loss and I'm not familiar with the ones aimed at building muscle while keeping body fat low on a 3-4k calorie diet. What would you guys suggest?

PatientHarbour49archiveJul 6

I always start by having a meal, doing some weight training, and getting enough rest.

GreenMeadow54archiveJul 6

Nothing of that kind helps with gaining muscle. The things referred to are steroids. For most people it is probably smarter to skip them and just keep doing consistent heavy lifts.

GreyCinder78archiveJul 6

I train with heavy bars, stay hydrated throughout, focus on protein intake plus fiber sources, and cycle back through it all.

PlainAnchor67archiveJul 6

Peptides aren’t anabolic.

CopperBeacon24archiveJul 6
↳ replying to @PatientHarbour49

Yeah that's spot on. Certain compounds can support recovery times and trigger growth hormone during sessions yet they won't create muscle tissue alone. I haven't tried that category so far though I expect to later. Right now my weight sessions four or five days each week feel sufficient as a base along with proper protein intake and total calories plus plenty of fluids and solid sleep.

WarmCompass44archiveJul 6

From my perspective those compounds seem to indicate when repair and recovery should happen. Achieving bigger muscles comes down mainly to the amount of protein eaten along with steadily harder workouts and good rest.

AmberBeacon78archiveJul 6
↳ replying to @GreenMeadow54

Does having square weights mean I'm totally ruined now? Might peptides exist that could turn their shape rounder instead?

SteadyBeacon64archiveJul 7

At this point in life hormone replacement might work depending on how many years a guy has lived. Those peptides by themselves never lead to adding muscle though. Pairing the therapy with protein heavy meals frequent lifting workouts solid rest each night and avoiding all processed foods seems to be what actually gets results. That comes from where I stand at fifty.

NorthCompass57archiveJul 7

I came across some compounds that encourage my system to generate extra growth. I add them onto whichever testosterone base I pick. All sorts of things combine well with that foundation. I make sure to watch the amounts carefully though.

CopperWillow24archiveJul 8

Most folks have already noted these compounds aren't that effective for building size. But since starting on them I've noticed quicker healing along with better rest so far. Eventually that might allow greater overall development though it depends on my nutrition rest and workouts several times each week. At this point it's been just a month so mindset could be influencing results too. I got blood work done ahead of time and plan to repeat it once this period wraps up. My intention is to continue for about four months before taking a pause of at least a couple months.

BrightAnchor54archiveJul 10
↳ replying to @CopperWillow24

Looks a lot like the way I'm going about it since I wasn't looking for anything harsh. How are you spacing out your doses? These days I'm taking 250mcg CJC plus 250mcg IPA nightly ahead of turning in though I'm second guessing if that's the right call 🤷‍♂️

KeenKettle50archiveJul 10

I have seen comments that no peptides promote muscle building. Even those that boost growth hormone release failed to increase my muscle mass when I used them. They did help eliminate some internal fat though. Steroids worked better for gains at minimum. Inhibiting myostatin might be the sole option that could work yet it carries the danger of enlarging the heart.

CopperWillow24archiveJul 10
↳ replying to @BrightAnchor54

I'm also at 250/250. From what I've been reading there's really no point in going higher, haven't seen anyone say otherwise really. I'm pinning just before I go to sleep. Right now I do 5 on 2 off, but considering everyday. Some say it's good to go 2 off, others say it doesn't matter.

BrightAnchor54archiveJul 10
↳ replying to @KeenKettle50

Steer clear of harsh options such as steroids because a subtle physique and steady gains from these compounds suit me better. Most days find me at the weight room where my lifts keep climbing and my body bounces back quicker than before from using them. That should promote bigger muscles for sure.

BrightAnchor54archiveJul 10
↳ replying to @CopperWillow24

It could be helpful to split one intake at night and another during the day, something I might try changing in a couple weeks, but it's all uncertain. I doubt anyone has definite info. What matters is that it's effective for me. Plus I'm using that additional stack in the daytime with the 2.5/500/500/500 amounts.

RustBramble70archiveJul 29
↳ replying to @AmberBeacon78

I figured either of those might work out okay for me.

AmberBeacon78archiveJul 30
↳ replying to @RustBramble70

The usual options feel way too ordinary these days and I'm after a little container of this unusual item or that other choice.

SharpCinder28archiveJul 30

Working out with weights provides the greatest advantage by far. Besides the GH peptide I might look at HCG which raises male hormone creation plus boron as a pill to increase unbound testosterone a little. On top of that I swallow Cialis by mouth each day at over five milligrams to raise nitric oxide and aid blood vessel performance.

ClearLantern70archiveJul 30

I too am on a cycle of cjc/ipa at 250/250. It performs much more effectively when in a fasted state immediately prior to sleeping. My fasted period lasts around 6 hours due to using reta. I take it on days of my choosing. Should I have an intense workout I'll administer it that night and should soreness persist the following day I'll do so once more. Should I consume food past 3 in the afternoon I'll avoid using up the amount. The effectiveness in fasted condition encourages me to forgo the evening meal.

BrightCompass57archiveJul 30

Checking hormone levels thoroughly comes first for me. Right now I use TRT along with growth hormone. I intend to keep using Reta even during blast stages in my future cycles. It offers advantages beyond just losing fat.

SteadyAlder49archiveJul 30

I believe this topic fits better in the area covering hormones, AAS treatments, and those GLP-1 medications, just saying. Anyway, certain peptides might support efforts in bodybuilding without providing any straightforward muscle growth themselves. Substances such as HGH, Tesa/Ipa, along with insulin, offer some minor benefits, while BPC157 and TB500 aid in healing following intense training sessions. By the way, using insulin to build muscle isn't wise since the risk of fatal error is high. I bring it up only due to its application by professional bodybuilders during mass gaining phases. Proper expertise is essential for safe handling, as there's zero room for mistakes that could prove deadly.

RustBramble70archiveJul 30
↳ replying to @AmberBeacon78

I picked up a bundle of radiimorelin by accident and it delivers just half the results of circumferelin.

BlueCompass61archiveAug 25

What are your thoughts on IGF-1 LR3?

SteadyAnchor73archiveAug 25

Any opinions on MGF?

PatientTimber45archiveAug 25

If faster muscle gains are the goal then only anabolic compounds deliver. Peptides won't put on twenty pounds in a year but doubling the TRT dose will.

KeenKettle50archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @SteadyAnchor73

Reviews on MGF seem all over the place. A few people claim it made a difference while others saw nothing and some say it gets counterfeited a lot.

BrightSignal40archiveOct 4

We are here to figure out how peptides actually work and get our own systems going. TRT can add muscle quicker but it brings plenty of extra problems to manage. Using peptides still requires putting in the training and eating right over time so progress is slower yet I think it supports better long-term health and fewer complications. The peptides give me better energy and recovery without the other headaches and the slower route seems to create more durable muscle in the end.

KeenThistle22archive4d

Haven't tried that one or the peg version either. From what I've seen, the regular kind has to go straight into the muscle you're working on, right around the time you're lifting, which isn't practical unless you're training at home. The peg version sticks around longer but seems to bring stronger sides. I don't really want to but might try a low dose for a short while to help with some shoulder, knee and ankle issues.

QuietKettle84archive4d

Tesamorelin or similar GHRH analogs paired with heavy lifting can give a bit of indirect help. When you're gaining weight the higher IGF-1 tends to favor muscle over fat, and when cutting you lose more fat. I've dropped around fifteen pounds on the Reta Tesa combo and don't feel like I lost any muscle.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.