Forum › Results & Progress

One day water fast and boom lost 6lb

13 replies9 peopleAug 25, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Can short fasting break a weight loss stall while on retatrutide or similar meds?

Users report quick scale drops of several pounds after one-day fasts combined with light cardio, though most attribute it to water rather than fat. Some find adding carbs or snacks also restarts progress, while others gain weight even during multi-day fasts. Those on TRT or using alternate-day fasting with high protein refeeds describe continued movement on the scale without major issues from short fasts.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether relying on short fasts risks more muscle loss than fat loss compared to steady habits

Still open

How sustainable or effective these tactics remain beyond a few weeks

Nothing here is advice.

13 replies · 9 people
KeenKettle50archiveopening postAug 25

I was getting impatient after a two-week plateau while taking 9mg of reta, which I had lowered from 15mg because I thought it was slowing my lifting progress. So I fasted and spent 50 minutes mixing brisk walking with the elliptical. Dropped 6 pounds! It's just water weight.

AmberCinder18archiveAug 25

Yesterday during the day I ate an ounce-sized snack and the next morning I was down a full pound on the scale. It's true. My approach felt better overall since it was more fun.

AmberFenwick97archiveAug 25

I tend to add a kilogram after going without food for three full days. You have it easy.

PlainAnchor67archiveAug 25

Back when I fasted every month it always made my weight head the direction I wanted. I ought to pick up that routine again.

BrightCompass57archiveAug 25

That sort of approach tends to strip away more lean tissue than the actual fat stores. I steer clear of depending on those drastic food restriction methods.

KeenKettle50archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @AmberFenwick97

Taking in plenty of liquids works oddly for me. My system ends up clinging to even tiny traces of dampness across hours.

KeenKettle50archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @BrightCompass57

Because of the testosterone therapy I'm on, losing muscle isn't a big deal in this situation. It won't last longer than a couple days anyway.

PlainAnchor67archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @BrightCompass57

I've never found that to be any kind of issue during a quick fast.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 25

My weight keeps dropping even though I take in more carbohydrates along with bigger meals and extra beer while holding at the maintenance level. The previous Friday I started four milligrams after ten then took six across four weeks. This Friday I will check the scale reading.

AmberBeacon57archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @KeenKettle50 (opening post)

Every other day I skip meals entirely and focus on animal based foods otherwise. This approach suits me perfectly. Nothing else shifts the numbers for a woman past menopause. I drop around three pounds each week.

ClearLantern70archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @AmberBeacon57

Losing three pounds weekly after menopause strikes me as surprisingly rapid. I want to confirm if I'm grasping this correctly. Meals happen only on alternating days. When you do consume food, the choices stay mostly meat-based? That method feels really strict. I find it admirable.

PatientMarble52archiveAug 26
↳ replying to @AmberCinder18

I've pretty much reached where I wanted to be, yet back when I first tried dropping pounds using that medication, I'd hit a stall and then indulge in some unhealthy eating like chips on a rough day, only to notice the scale moving downward afterward. That approach clearly helps others besides the original person. The way I see it, my system believed we were starving so it clung tightly to reserves. But after those treats it realized supplies weren't running out and felt okay dropping a bit more.

AmberBeacon57archiveAug 26

I stick to a cycle of going without food for forty hours while taking in only water along with tea and coffee. After that comes an eight hour stretch for meals where I target one hundred fifty grams of protein plus seventy to ninety grams of fat and ten to twenty grams of carbohydrates. The pattern then repeats. Overall I feel excellent. I pay close attention to staying hydrated and keeping my electrolytes balanced. The medication at two milligrams weekly makes skipping meals quite simple. Yet it also turns the eating period into a bit of a task since appetite is low though I still consume the food. My intake is mostly meat based at about ninety percent from animal sources. On eating days I include some green leaves along with avocado olives and cucumbers. Three times each week I exercise while in the fasted state and I aim for a daily thirty minute stroll. This approach suits me personally but I am not recommending it to others.

KeenKettle50archiveAug 26

After 2nd day of fasting, I only lost 1.5 lb. Now I am at 232.8 lb, started at 264 lb in February. Back to healthy, normal eating.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.