Forum › Results & Progress

Starting to like this weight loss thing

29 replies24 peopleAug 24, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

What does major weight loss on a medication like Reta look and feel like after several months?

One user reports starting at 0.5 mg and reaching 5 mg over 20 weeks with strong satisfaction in the outcome. The thread fills with congratulations on the visible transformation and shared personal metaphors for the pounds shed. Participants enjoy before-and-after images for motivation while a few prefer numbers alone. Creative daily-life comparisons such as bags of grain, turkeys, milk jugs, and sticks of butter help people grasp the scale of change.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

One participant finds photos unnecessary and would rather see only the numbers, while others say the images are highly motivating.

Nothing here is advice.

29 replies · 24 people
PatientLantern47archiveopening postAug 24

Began this regimen twenty weeks back with half a milligram of Reta, gradually increasing the dose to five milligrams, and I'm really pleased with how it's going.

BlueAlder28archiveAug 25

Those outcomes look fantastic! It's too bad I skipped taking any progress shots or getting a bone density test ahead of time. (At the start I couldn't even spell the name of that scan right...)

BrightCompass57archiveAug 25

Seeing the new you emerge this fast is amazing. Superb effort!

ClearBeacon24archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @PatientLantern47 (opening post)

For me sharing the outcomes seems plenty on its own since images don't really impress. Still well done though.

RustLantern55archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @ClearBeacon24

Pictures showing changes from start to finish always thrill me. The ones with dramatic shifts stand out most. They give me a real boost.

GreenThistle20archiveAug 25

Man, April to now shows some wild transformation! I bet that has you feeling way improved these days. Ninety one pounds counts as quite the achievement, nice work on it!

QuietPebble46archiveAug 25

I'm blown away by this and feel such pride watching you start this adventure.

PlainLedger95archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @PatientLantern47 (opening post)

It's easy to spot the gains from those images and they're fantastic!

IronFenwick84archiveAug 25

Dropping 91.9 pounds counts as a huge achievement! Your efforts stand out. 👍

NorthWillow72archiveAug 25

It's wild to reflect on the extra load I used to haul around prior to shedding those pounds. Picture lugging half a dozen birds from the market each single day! Such great advancement!

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

I've hauled turkeys in the past as well, yet the images that stick in my head are those five-pound sacks of flour and containers of milk. When I start to feel that dropping five to eight pounds doesn't matter much, I picture lugging one or two of those up a flight of steps and how it would feel. Still, that load of birds is something else. 😳

NorthWillow72archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

This one really hits the spot. I've dropped more than seven gallons so far. Going up the steps to the workplace a bunch of times each day doesn't seem nearly as far. Breathing stays steady too 🙂

BrightSparrow36archiveAug 25

My sizing happens in units of grain sacks 😂😂😂

SteadySparrow75archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Wondering about livestock rations? No doubt you're toting genuine sacks of that stuff while handling your job... 👍 😎

BrightSparrow36archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

Yeah, those critters are lounging on my covered deck space right this second, ha ha ha. Tracking my scale numbers always reminds me how much extra bulk I once toted around, like a couple sacks of feed. For little ones I switch to butter portions as the unit instead. My pal's tiny fluff ball comes in at a dozen of those butter portions, can you picture it? 😂😂

RustLantern55archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Handling those feed sacks comes up all the time for me as well. Never considered framing it that way before. I've misplaced an entire sack of the sweetened variety, to be exact. The sugary stuff led to my extra pounds from the start, you know.

ClearLantern70archiveAug 25

Nice job shedding those pounds. Reading this sparked a plan for me. I'll stuff a rucksack with exactly the total I've dropped. On days when drive fades or temptation creeps in, I'll strap it on for exercise to recall how things used to feel.

WarmAlder42archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @RustLantern55

In my area the bags of cat litter each hold twenty pounds. It's funny how handy they turned out for handling the litter box and following weight loss progress.

LevelSignal57archiveAug 25
↳ replying to @ClearBeacon24

From this point onward I plan to tag you myself in every one of my comparison shots.

BlueLedger39archiveAug 26

You've succeeded nicely. This path has been taken by lots of us already.

PlainAlder11archiveAug 26
↳ replying to @NorthWillow72

Check what's listed right after this. We already covered that alternate subject earlier. A sack of concrete somehow went missing on me.

BlueMarble65archiveAug 26

That's quite remarkable, well done!!!

PatientMarble52archiveAug 26
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

Visualizing my weight reduction in terms of butter portions helps me grasp how much a single pound represents in size. I've already shed around thirty five of them. My goal now is to take off one additional from each leg and possibly two from both of my arms above the elbow.

SteadyCinder23archiveSep 2

My favorite part comes when they spot the change themselves. This is true more so for those I've known ages. What a rush!

PatientLantern47archiveSep 14

Passed the mark of losing one hundred pounds. Look at this photo of my advancement.

GreyFenwick31archiveSep 14

Its falling off of you

LevelAlder29archiveSep 14

Such impressive results!! Your transformation looks remarkable and totally different! Truly motivating 😁 The organization of your photos is also top-notch, very easy to see! I didn't capture my starting image until after shedding 30 pounds, which I now regret. Moving forward, I'll document progress at every 10-pound mark.

AmberMeadow80archiveSep 15
↳ replying to @PatientLantern47

You must be sensing the shift yourself. Hearing about daily life in your slimmer shape would interest me. How does the reduced mass show up for you? Excellent progress!

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.