Forum › Dosing & Titration

Retatrutide starting to work!

9 replies8 peopleSep 12, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

How long does retatrutide take to start working for weight loss and what doses seem effective?

Users report initial weight gain or plateau for weeks on reta before steady loss begins, often after slowing titration and holding at 3-4 mg. One person lost 34.8 lbs since mid-June and another saw consistent drops after three weeks at 4 mg following a slow start. Prior Mounjaro users note reta requires more patience. Some worry rapid loss risks muscle while others track by percentage instead of pounds.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Whether losing three pounds weekly risks too much muscle loss

Still open

Whether 4 mg is an ideal long-term dose for everyone

Nothing here is advice.

9 replies · 8 people
WrySignal55archiveopening postSep 12

Been using Reta for about two months. Gained weight initially for a few weeks, then stayed the same for a long time. Probably because I kept raising the dose every week without noticing until around a month later. Once I figured it out, I held at 3mg for a month before going to 4mg. Started thinking maybe it was a dud batch or I screwed up the start, but now I've been dropping weight steadily the past three weeks. I'll stay at 4mg for now to check if that's my sweet spot. Came from Mounjaro which kicked in quicker, so it seems waiting it out was important here.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 12

Cool! Do you track your calorie intake?

BrightCompass57archiveSep 12

Lost 34.8 pounds since June 16 and looking more defined. Might drop the dose once I shed another 10 pounds so I don't end up too skinny.

SharpCinder28archiveSep 12
↳ replying to @WrySignal55 (opening post)

You often need patience once the early weight comes off with any GLP drug, particularly when you've paused increases because of side effects or worry about them. From what Gemini pulled from studies, tirz averaged 5 to 8 percent loss in the first 12 weeks while reta did 6 to 9 plus percent.

GreyFenwick31archiveSep 12
↳ replying to @BrightCompass57

That's quite a bit! Which dose are you on?

WrySignal55archiveSep 12
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

I don't consume a lot, plus combat sports and an active job mean no calorie counting for me. Could be useful but the weight's coming off steadily at the moment. If it stops, maybe I'll start tracking then.

PatientTimber45archiveSep 12
↳ replying to @BrightCompass57

That's three pounds weekly, which is too quick. Don't go without eating or you'll lose muscle, maybe a quarter of it.

SharpCinder28archiveSep 12
↳ replying to @PatientTimber45

Back when I was obese I tracked by percentage instead of pounds. Hard to say the same for everyone here since people vary so much, from those who were heavy with little lifting to bodybuilders using lots of steroids.

AmberBeacon57archiveSep 12

Interesting point. I put on weight the first couple weeks too before the loss began. Figured it was just water from inflammation as my body adjusted to the medication.

NorthPebble82archiveSep 13

Congrats, happy the results are showing up.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.

Retatrutide starting to work! · ZyraTrack