Forum › Injection Technique

Reddish marks from retatrutide injections still there after 2 months — anyone else?

21 replies9 peopleSep 6, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Why do some retatrutide injection sites leave persistent reddish dots or marks for months while others fade normally, and what helps them go away?

The original poster reports small reddish dots at certain injection sites lasting over two months, linked to their history of slow skin healing and red scars. Others suggest possible causes like hitting a small vessel, shallow injections, or pH reactions, with some reporting success using DMSO for bruising or GHK-Cu mixed with KPV for healing. Thigh injections appeared to cause fewer issues than stomach sites for the poster. Several users note personal experience with the same peptides but no universal fix is confirmed.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Some attribute the marks to technique or needle depth while others point to individual healing tendencies that no injection change will fully solve

Still open

Whether DMSO, GHK-Cu/KPV, or switching sites will reliably fade the existing marks for someone prone to keloids

Nothing here is advice.

21 replies · 9 people
WarmMeadow42archiveopening postSep 6

Hi folks, these little red marks from retatrutide shots I administered around two months earlier still haven't disappeared. Only certain spots are affected while most show nothing now. No other substances have gone into my skin via needle. Healing has never been strong for me since any injury stays pink quite a while and spots don't vanish quickly. Anyone else notice similar results? When did your marks go away completely? Was there a method that made a difference?

ClearLantern70archiveSep 6

I have one mark like you’re describing. I believe I hit a very small blood vessel and bled between layers of skin.

ClearLantern70archiveSep 6
↳ replying to @WarmMeadow42

I apply this substance often to help with aches in my lower back. A couple of times I placed it on my abdomen for the marks left by reta. The marks had vanished by the next morning. Perhaps it was just luck but I doubt that. I always wash the spot thoroughly beforehand since anything sitting on the surface might get drawn in. That led me to research it further. My breath takes on a garlic scent that persists for twenty five hours.

SteadySparrow75archiveSep 6

Curious which bacteriostatic solution goes into mixing those containers. Stuck with just one preparation for all the shots taken so far. Got anything else similar on hand.

WarmMeadow42archiveSep 6
↳ replying to @SteadySparrow75

Using good quality BAC water. Happened with more than one vial.

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 6

Skin recovery has never been easy for me so these days I combine ghkcu and kpv every single day.

WarmMeadow42archiveSep 6
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

So I ended up with ten containers of GHKCU. Picked them up hoping they might help tighten loose skin, yet I feel unsure since studies on it look pretty thin. How did it turn out for others?

BrightSparrow36archiveSep 7
↳ replying to @WarmMeadow42

I've come across information indicating that ghkcu has been the subject of numerous investigations spanning many years. What worked for me involved obtaining a kpv kit and incorporating it with the ghk material. I started out using a minimal one milligram quantity to assess any sensitivity, administering it via injection into the outer part of my upper leg or my rear end. I maintained that amount over roughly seven days before progressing to two point five milligrams. I based the quantity solely on the ghkcu content instead of totaling the peptides.

WarmMeadow42archiveSep 7
↳ replying to @BrightSparrow36

I was wondering about blending the freeze dried version of KPV together with GHK. Haven't really looked into what KPV does yet it looks like it could be good.

RustAlder52archiveSep 7

This stuff leaves my skin looking as though id taken repeated hits to the midsection while training at the fight club 😆

ClearLantern70archiveSep 7

Mixing the pair produces excellent results. My spouse and I apply it each day. A welt appears but the benefits make it worthwhile.

KeenWillow41archiveSep 7
↳ replying to @WarmMeadow42

I apply DMSO to my lower back and knees as well. This approach helped me avoid spinal injections around the upper lumbar area which could have caused additional harm. It eliminated the discomfort in those joints entirely. I combined it with an anti-fungal ointment to allow better absorption on my soles and finally cleared up a decades-old case of foot fungus that started during my time in the service. That experience opened the door for me to explore further options. 😂

WarmMeadow42archiveSep 7
↳ replying to @KeenWillow41

Does DMSO wipe away whatever sits on the skin surface? That would make the marks disappear then?

KeenWillow41archiveSep 7

I disagree. You should search for details yourself. This stuff dates back to the sixties. The regulators and large drug companies suppressed it since no patent was possible. Check online sources to learn about its effects and application methods. It's available through online retailers.

WarmMeadow42archive4d

Hey everyone. These spots have lingered on me for many months without disappearing. They show up as tiny red bumps. Wondering what could cause this? Switching to the thigh area led to better results even though I found out uptake happens more gradually there. Yet the belly situation is really extreme and simply lingers. Plus my recovery from injuries has typically been poor so it looks like my skin is completely damaged. What a mess.

NorthWillow72archive4d
↳ replying to @WarmMeadow42

I wondered if my needle was the issue or if I just didn't push it in far enough. The one I had measured short. Maybe a bad one threw off the balance with the mixing liquid too. When the tip stops above the fat layer the fluid ends up stuck right under the surface instead and creates a raised spot. Some might come back out on top and it stung more than usual because of all the nerves close by. The area turned a bit red and sore with some light discoloration and the stuff seemed to soak in at an uneven pace. I tried changing the angle a bit and lifting a fold of skin before going in and left any lump alone so it could settle on its own.

↳ replying to @WarmMeadow42

Telling apart what those marks are without knowing their exact dimensions, hue, outline or whether they stick out or not, plus no image, leaves some uncertainty. From what you said though, it seems you might have a habit of developing tiny excess tissue at the spots where you inject. Possibly similar to small keloid formations. They appear quite tiny, no more than a couple millimeters across, and larger ones would warrant checking with a skin specialist. Do you tend to form those raised scars or the thickened kind? Any shot could trigger this, so switching substances to address it risks creating additional marks. Using the leg area works better for you, that approach seems preferable. What length are the needles you're using, and how far in do they go? Going a little further into the fatty layer underneath might reduce visibility since most responsive cells cluster closer to the surface. You're probably employing slim ones around thirty gauge or so, not thick ones, right? Scars from such thin needles usually don't show up at all, even under close inspection, which means this is an unusual situation for you.

With a medication that lingers in your body for six days, delayed uptake probably isn't something to worry about. That's the reason I picked the thighs when they turned out to be the stronger option.

WarmMeadow42archive4d
↳ replying to @CopperSignal27

Every single time these raised scars appear on me without fail and it feels totally ridiculous. I figure the ones showing up now match that pattern as well. I fold the skin and deliver the shot correctly using syringes that measure eight millimeters at a thirty gauge thickness.

PlainAlder11archive4d

I've combined the materials and fired them off without any trouble over the past nine months.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.