Forum › Dosing & Titration

Anyone go from Reta to Tirz?

30 replies14 peopleOct 6, 2026☆ Follow
Summary

Has anyone switched from retatrutide back to tirzepatide and seen better weight loss results?

Several users report switching from reta to tirz after poor results or side effects on reta, with some losing more weight on tirz at moderate doses. Others stayed on reta or tried splits, noting variable responses and that adding CJC/IPA often stalls scale weight due to water retention and muscle gain even as fat drops. Slow steady loss is viewed positively by some to avoid loose skin.

What this discussion establishesWhere people disagree

Some users find tirz superior for appetite and mental food noise while others prefer reta for energy and body composition once past initial sides.

Still open

Whether a given person is a low responder to one drug versus the other can only be known by trying both; optimal dosing and timing of any switch remain individual.

Nothing here is advice.

30 replies · 14 people
QuietMeadow43archiveopening post1d

I know it looks like most are moving from Tirz over to Reta, but has anyone tried going the other way and noticed Tirz gave them better weight loss? Been on 6mg reta now for six months, dropped from 218 to 198. Also been using cjc plus ipa without dac for five weeks. My body comp has improved for sure, held onto muscle while eating right and lifting, but the fat seems to come off really slowly. Could be I'm a low responder? Wondering if others had this too.

GreyFenwick31archive1d

Is it that you're avoiding raising your amount? My start was with tirz before I added Reta on a twice-weekly plan using Mondays and Fridays. Did the six milligrams run for half a year, or was it the Reta over that span?

QuietMeadow43archive1d
↳ replying to @GreyFenwick31

For half a year now I've taken this thing, beginning at smaller amounts and passing through a couple of milligrams before settling at six for the past eight weeks. The way it curbs my hunger remains effective even at that level. Perhaps reluctance to bump it higher stems from worries about intensified reactions. At six I notice nothing like prickly skin, rest comes easily at night, and my pulse stays steady. Could be I'm just rushing things.

SharpCinder28archive1d

Lots of folks seem to do best at eight milligrams and that amount also lines up with the biggest LDL drop produced by reta on its own.

QuietMeadow43archive1d
↳ replying to @SharpCinder28

Appreciate the reply. Seeing others drop a bunch of weight fast on small amounts of that stuff in a couple months makes me feel down. Still, there's an upside to taking it easy with the pounds coming off. I really don't want that saggy skin appearance.

SharpCinder28archive1d
↳ replying to @QuietMeadow43

I used to say I was stuck with that one milligram level. Varying the amounts doesn't bring any kind of rewards. These amount to nothing more than alternative thoughts which probably don't apply to the majority, or even to any single case.

PlainAnchor67archive23h

Due to unwanted effects from the first option I moved across to the second one instead. The scale never budged at all during that earlier period. After making the change my weight has dropped by roughly ten pounds. The lone drawback so far has been occasional trouble with bowel movements. Dosage on the earlier substance reached seven point five milligrams while the present amount sits at five milligrams.

SlowFenwick86archive23h
↳ replying to @PlainAnchor67

Which unpleasant effect from Reta bothered people the most or what reactions showed up for them?

PlainAnchor67archive23h
↳ replying to @SlowFenwick86

I've been struggling with sleepless nights, heartburn, problems using the bathroom, and those awful rotten egg burps. My resting heart rate stayed extremely high too, with entire days never dropping below a hundred beats per minute.

RustBramble70archive23h

After using tirz for half a year at a maximum of 5mg I shed 45lbs. Because of FOMO I tried reta for five months reaching 9mg and only managed to lose 16lbs. These days I split my doses taking 5mg reta Mondays and 4mg tirz Tuesdays and in the two months since starting this I have dropped another 15lbs. Tirz works better for me but including some reta helps with the glucagon so I feel less tired.

QuietMeadow43archive23h
↳ replying to @PlainAnchor67

Trouble sleeping lasted roughly fourteen days for me. None of those additional reactions ever came up. The only ones were a prickly feeling across my skin and reduced hunger.

QuietMeadow43archive23h
↳ replying to @RustBramble70

I mulled over splitting the dose. Raising it to 8 mg is what I'll do first though.

CopperSignal27archive22h

Knowing personal details like stature years and goal size would clarify expectations around progress. Being near that goal means slower changes on the scale are normal compared to still needing to drop a much larger amount. Decisions around adjusting amounts or changing compounds hinge mostly on those factors along with how much the number is actually moving each week. No change one pound weekly or twenty pounds across half a year on a typical amount seems below usual especially once the other substance is added since it often holds water and supports added muscle which both mask fat reduction. Results on the scale tend to ease after that addition begins. Side reactions like skin tingling or trouble sleeping appeared earlier yet seem resolved now at the present level. Someone who sees milder effects from one option often experiences similar with the alternative though only testing shows for sure. The first compound tends to drive greater reduction but with modestly more reactions. Switching usually happens because of specific issues like faster heartbeat or nerve sensations or sometimes to quiet hunger signals though that logic feels inconsistent since greater loss implies at least equal appetite control plus extra energy burn from the third action. Stepping up one more level could be tried next if earlier reactions faded after settling in perhaps with a smaller step first to ease the change. If further increases stay difficult then changing compounds becomes an option and the switch might succeed yet similar higher amounts could still be needed.

SlowFenwick86archive22h
↳ replying to @PlainAnchor67

Right now I'm taking tirz but I've been thinking about trying reta. What worries me most is how it changes my resting heart rate, since having it stay over one hundred the whole day feels alarming.

CopperSignal27archive21h
↳ replying to @SlowFenwick86

Reta is not very likely to cause such an issue provided your usual pulse rate stays low. The way reta affects pulse depends heavily on how much you take. Many times those sudden rises in pulse when beginning reta come from worry just as much as from the medication itself. So if you tend toward worry, perhaps tirz suits you better instead. It really hinges on your reason for changing over since the two medications share a lot in common. When you add just a small amount of reta onto tirz the impact on pulse will probably stay minimal. My own experience with reta showed a mild rise in pulse, but because I already use medication to manage heart conditions I simply increased that medication's amount a little to bring the pulse back down.

PlainAnchor67archive14h
↳ replying to @CopperSignal27

My resting heart rate sat near fifty to fifty two before I began that course.

PlainAlder11archive14h
↳ replying to @SharpCinder28

The 8mg level worked well for me over a six-week period. Claims don't always ring true. Age plays a role in how much extra skin appears. My arms show a bit of that. Light dumbbell work and crunches have been part of my routine. Earlier I suspected sagging around the midsection and sides, yet those areas are just excess fat reducing gradually. My weight holds steady with the 6mg and 8mg amounts. Weekly drop averaged slightly below two pounds. Major reductions on the lower amounts seem doubtful to me.

PlainAnchor66archive13h

I believe that substance is responsible for the reduced rate of fat reduction. People usually start taking it as they approach their desired body composition. Ceasing its use would likely accelerate the fat reduction process, though it might come at the expense of muscle development, despite numerous individuals reporting muscle increases with the alternative compound. There is always some kind of exchange.

PlainAnchor67archive13h
↳ replying to @PlainAlder11

Those kinds of statements show up often in online forums and social media communities. My guess is folks are hoping to prompt questions about where they get it, so they can earn a referral fee or maybe supply it directly.

PlainAnchor66archive13h

I belong to that category of individuals. My weight dropped from one hundred ninety six pounds down to one hundred seventy six over roughly eight weeks. I began with a quarter milligram dose spaced out every three days and gradually increased it to a full milligram on the same schedule by the end of that period. There wasn't much excess body mass for me to shed anyway, yet this minimal approach proved effective in my case.

AmberMeadow80archive13h
↳ replying to @PlainAnchor66

You nailed it. My results flatlined for several weeks right after beginning those peptides, and the holdup carried on even after switching to the growth hormone. The slimming eventually picked back up and keeps going, though I'd rather it didn't.

SlowLedger42archive11h
↳ replying to @AmberMeadow80

You seem to grasp the idea, yet I'm amazed at how many folks fail to see it. After all, the hint sits in the title itself: GROWTH hormone. Sure, it might aid in shedding fat, though it could fail to reduce overall weight, particularly over brief periods.

RustQuill56archive11h

After pausing for a year and a half while pregnant and nursing I moved from one compound to the other. Jumping straight over in a single step feels harder to keep steady. I handle these substances for my relatives and my severely overweight brother has taken the newest one for twelve months yet shows almost no change. He rarely discusses the larger issues probably from shame but I believe his trouble stems from constant mental urges and a real dependency on food. No substance helps much until someone feels ready inside. So I want to steer him toward the middle option because it quiets those thoughts about eating more powerfully and matches his pattern better. Each one acts differently and some people still see solid results with the original version. The newest one worked fine for me but the middle choice let me drop weight faster thanks to stronger hunger control and that plus smaller servings are exactly what I struggle with most. I hope the right match shows up for you.

AmberAnchor69archive10h
↳ replying to @PlainAnchor67

For those who moved over from Reta onto Tirz, was the change a straight jump from the 7.5 milligram level straight into 5 milligrams of the new one, or did folks build up the Tirz amount slowly? I'm looking at doing something similar myself because the meds I take for fast heart rate aren't stopping the higher resting pulse from Reta, which is making it hard to want to work out and also ramping up my worry levels. Maybe trying Selank or BPC-157 on top could ease that worry.

QuietMeadow43archive10h
↳ replying to @CopperSignal27

Appreciate the response. At 42, I'm a guy standing 5'7" tall. My weight sits at 198 now, with plans to reach 185 initially and perhaps 175 later on. I might just be hardheaded and vain in resisting a bigger amount of reta. It bothers me when folks talk about taking 1-2mg and shedding 20-30lbs within two months. Yeah, measuring against others takes away the happiness. I'll probably move up to 8 on the next injection and gauge how it goes.

QuietMeadow43archive10h
↳ replying to @RustQuill56

I appreciate you telling about your situation.

QuietTimber78archive10h

I'm following a nearly identical routine at the moment, now in the sixth week using those growth hormone stimulators. Around the fourth week I saw a huge change. Before I dismissed the current approach as ineffective or switched to the other medication, I checked for fluid buildup under the skin. These secretagogues often lead to that retention early on. At first my weight barely moved on the scale because of it, but then the reshaping started strongly. My midsection looked flatter and my outfits sat differently even though the numbers stayed put. Since I'm doing resistance training and monitoring intake, I'm probably building muscle while retaining some liquid and losing fat. When the physical shape alters noticeably, the treatment has to be working. I waited longer for the substances to stabilize the fluid levels instead of returning to the previous one.

PlainAnchor67archive10h
↳ replying to @AmberAnchor69

After pausing for four weeks I began with the two point five milligram dose. I kept that level going for thirty days before raising it to five. Following another month there I tried seven point five but the awful bowel trouble made me reduce it again to five and I've remained at that amount since.

AmberMeadow80archive8h
↳ replying to @SlowLedger42

I knew a plateau was coming once I began with the CJC/Ipa followed by the GH, since I'd seen reports from others. Few seem to go through exactly this. Holding to around two pounds each week feels ideal, as it allows skin to adjust, reduces risks like gallstones, and helps keep muscle. My own results match this closely. For the initial month on GH, my scale stayed put around one fifty. After that it dropped gradually until today when it showed one thirty eight. At fifty one, my body looks better than ever before. The impedance reading from my fitness tracker indicates I held onto nearly all my muscle. Overall I've dropped thirty five pounds, with only three to five being muscle.

↳ replying to @QuietMeadow43

People react quite differently to these medications. One chart illustrated that nicely, with responses ranging evenly from zero loss up to twenty percent at a low amount. Discovering personal reaction levels or required amounts comes only through experimentation. This likely stems from slight differences in genetics related to gut hormone receptors or following steps in the signaling chain, which can't be influenced. Typically, larger amounts are required but side effects tend to be reduced as well, except when low amounts cause issues yet higher ones are still necessary for effect, which would be frustrating. Overcoming ingrained prejudices around weight requiring constant work proves difficult. These treatments offer a major benefit by largely eliminating that need, avoiding any prolonged massive struggle for reduction and maintenance.

Related discussions

Add your experience

If you have tried it, this topic is still open. Sign in to reply — it takes a minute.